World of Color Superthread

Yes picnic FPs are for the first show. But don't wait until 7pm to get your picnic. Two reasons. It's nice to get the picnic and sit somewhere to eat it, not while you stand waiting for the show. Also the ticket with picnics are for blue and or just yellow. So it may be wise to go early and if you don't like the color ask a manger for the other. Though the view can be great from both if you are against a rail, and poor if you are behind people.
I think our plan is to eat it for lunch :).

On the day you check into a Disney Hotel, are you eligible to get early FP's for WoC?

I think you need a room key to get early entry. In years past they have given us our keys at check in, even if our room isn't ready. Sometimes we have to call to get the room number later. So I hope we will have a key in the morning.

Any thoughts?

On the day you check into a Disney Hotel, are you eligible to get early FP's for WoC?

I think you need a room key to get early entry. In years past they have given us our keys at check in, even if our room isn't ready. Sometimes we have to call to get the room number later. So I hope we will have a key in the morning.

Any thoughts?

That is correct, you will need the key to get in early through the GHC entrance. Hope it works out for you on your trip.

Here is my experience from 1/10/11; a slightly chilly but pleasant Monday evening for the lone show of the day at 8:15 (note the park closing time was 8:00) I know many (including myself) have/had questions about how busy this show would be in the off-season so I'll share my experience/observations.

Meal
Since it was DW's birthday and our first time viewing the show, we selected the Premium dining option at Wine Country with a reservation for 6:00PM. DW has eaten there before and liked it, so we chose it over Ariel's. We both ordered the same thing (roast beef); mine was pretty good while her's was rather putrid (EXTREMELY dry). Kind of disappointing, although we were mostly interested in the show. I rationalized the cost as being nothing different than paying for orchestra seating when Beauty and the Beast came to town. Salad and dessert were both very good though. The meal seemingly took forever for some reason (seated @ 6:10....left at 7:40PM). :confused: We were hoping to sneak in a ride before lining up for the show, but service was pretty slow at dinner.

Show
Since we left the restaurant much later than expected and didn't have time to see any other attractions, we just headed over to the viewing area for WOC. We got there around 7:45 and walked right down to the very front of the Premium viewing area. There were no lines to speak of for the Premium area or for the other areas. We positioned ourselves at the railing right behind the wet zone area. Note that we were on a tier above the wet zone, so we were not obstructed by guests in front.

During our walk to our viewing spot, I noticed there were several open spots remaining in other seating areas. Not just scattered individual spots, but entire rows. Hardly the frenzied cattle call that I expected. After the show, I took a stroll around to survey different viewing points. There are many excellent points from which to view the show outside the premium area and several of these points were still available within 30 minutes of the show on this particular evening.

Summary
For the first time seeing the show (which was spectacular) and given that we had a special occasion to celebrate, I think we made the right choice to guarantee a decent viewing spot with the Premium dining. However, if we return for future shows under similar conditions (non-weekend, offseason, cool evening), I'm willing to take my chances with a fastpass, picnic meal, or even by finding a spot on/near the bridge without any pre-reserved locations. Of course, we don't have any young children in tow, so we are a bit more versatile when it comes to looking over and between people in front of us.

Thank you Eeyore!!! :thanks:
I will be going during a Monday show later this month and have been wanting to know
what to expect.
I am making notes from your review, it will save my group so much time. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Here is my experience from 1/10/11; a slightly chilly but pleasant Monday evening for the lone show of the day at 8:15 (note the park closing time was 8:00) I know many (including myself) have/had questions about how busy this show would be in the off-season so I'll share my experience/observations.

Meal
Since it was DW's birthday and our first time viewing the show, we selected the Premium dining option at Wine Country with a reservation for 6:00PM. DW has eaten there before and liked it, so we chose it over Ariel's. We both ordered the same thing (roast beef); mine was pretty good while her's was rather putrid (EXTREMELY dry). Kind of disappointing, although we were mostly interested in the show. I rationalized the cost as being nothing different than paying for orchestra seating when Beauty and the Beast came to town. Salad and dessert were both very good though. The meal seemingly took forever for some reason (seated @ 6:10....left at 7:40PM). :confused: We were hoping to sneak in a ride before lining up for the show, but service was pretty slow at dinner.

Show
Since we left the restaurant much later than expected and didn't have time to see any other attractions, we just headed over to the viewing area for WOC. We got there around 7:45 and walked right down to the very front of the Premium viewing area. There were no lines to speak of for the Premium area or for the other areas. We positioned ourselves at the railing right behind the wet zone area. Note that we were on a tier above the wet zone, so we were not obstructed by guests in front.

During our walk to our viewing spot, I noticed there were several open spots remaining in other seating areas. Not just scattered individual spots, but entire rows. Hardly the frenzied cattle call that I expected. After the show, I took a stroll around to survey different viewing points. There are many excellent points from which to view the show outside the premium area and several of these points were still available within 30 minutes of the show on this particular evening.

Summary
For the first time seeing the show (which was spectacular) and given that we had a special occasion to celebrate, I think we made the right choice to guarantee a decent viewing spot with the Premium dining. However, if we return for future shows under similar conditions (non-weekend, offseason, cool evening), I'm willing to take my chances with a fastpass, picnic meal, or even by finding a spot on/near the bridge without any pre-reserved locations. Of course, we don't have any young children in tow, so we are a bit more versatile when it comes to looking over and between people in front of us.
Very valuable info. Thanks! :)

WoC update 1/12/2011
With the new walls in place due to construction, golden zepher's nonfastpass viewing area no longer exist. It now is a walk way. Therefore, Disney has created standby lines in the that situation. If there is room they will let ppl in. So where are these standby lines? They sit where ppl used to walk to get to the other side of the pier. If there is no room, u just stand there and watch the show from the standby lines.

Pictures to come...

We are planning to order WOC picnic meals for our March visit. I personally think the kid's meal with the chicken and the vanilla cupcake looks really good. Also, my 18-year-old DS also wants the kid's meal.

Since adult and kid picnic meals are the same price, is there any reason why an adult would not be able to order a kid's meal? There isn't anything different about the WOC pass for a kid -vs- an adult, is there? I wouldn't want to que up for the show and be told that my ticket is for a child but I'm an adult so I can't get in! I'm probably being paranoid but I don't want to take any chances.

Thanks!

We are planning to order WOC picnic meals for our March visit. I personally think the kid's meal with the chicken and the vanilla cupcake looks really good. Also, my 18-year-old DS also wants the kid's meal.

Since adult and kid picnic meals are the same price, is there any reason why an adult would not be able to order a kid's meal? There isn't anything different about the WOC pass for a kid -vs- an adult, is there? I wouldn't want to que up for the show and be told that my ticket is for a child but I'm an adult so I can't get in! I'm probably being paranoid but I don't want to take any chances.

Thanks!

Paranoid? perhaps, but your intuition is correct. Same price, same tickets, just different portion sizes, so it won't matter if DS wants a kids meal.

I noticed that the Picnics can no be pre-ordered for the second show on nights that have one scheduled. We are a big fan of the picnics but may try the secodn show to avoid the cattle call to get to your area befor ethe first show. -- Suzanne

If there are two shows is the second one usually less crowded?

~Marilyn

We are a big fan of the picnics but may try the secodn show to avoid the cattle call to get to your area befor ethe first show. -- Suzanne

If there are two shows is the second one usually less crowded?

~Marilyn

They aren't less crowded every viewing has the potential to be maxed out. But The Cattle Call, or as I like to call it the holding pens where people wait until are allowed into Paradise Park, is full of first show viewers for so long, that there is no way for later show visiters to wait in the same place until the first show people are in that park.

First Show visiters may choose, though I wouldn't recommend it, to wait for 2hours or more before the 8:15 show. The Second show viewers essetailly have to stand aside until all of these people who keep showing up until around 8, are in the park. This gives the second show viewers a maximum wait of 1 and a 1/4 hours.

Of course there is little reason to stand around in a holding pen when you aren't even in the spot you will see the show from. The good view is about getting through the gate in the holding pens and knowing where to stand in paradise park.

o For guests staying at the DLR hotels DCA allows entry at 9AM to get WOC FPs. This is available through the special entrance to DCA through the GCH. Each guest must show proof of being a DLR hotel guest - namely a room key. This perk is also available to those who eat breakfast at one of the GCH restaurants but are not DLR hotel guests. They must show a receipt for their meal.

Can someone tell me if this trick still works? If it is, I don't mind to go GCH for breakfast or just simply buy some water from the store on Friday morning!

When do the World of Color (GRR) FASTPASS machines open?

o For guests staying at the DLR hotels DCA allows entry at 9AM to get WOC FPs. This is available through the special entrance to DCA through the GCH. Each guest must show proof of being a DLR hotel guest - namely a room key. This perk is also available to those who eat breakfast at one of the GCH restaurants but are not DLR hotel guests. They must show a receipt for their meal.
Can someone tell me if this trick still works? If it is, I don't mind to go GCH for breakfast or just simply buy some water from the store on Friday morning!
OP here, and I have never done this myself. I reported this because everyone else says its true. I cannot help from personal experience but can tell you it is well accepted. Hopefully someone else who has done the breakfast thing can relate their experience.

Ok everyone...I need serious help!

I've read through this entire WOC super thread and I think I'm more confused then before I started. Please take pity on me!

We are going to be in the parks 2/26-3-4 and I we have to see WOC either 2/26 or 2/27 because it's not showing in March. Most likely we will see the 9:15pm show since I hear it should be less crowded.

I've looked at the reserved dining deals and while the idea is great, the food leaves something to be desired. No one in my family will eat anything listed and why pay for dinner and a show if you're not going to eat the dinner, right? So that's out...

So if I'm reading all this correctly, then I need to get my rear in gear and head to DCA 1st thing for a Fastpass. I've heard talk that DCA does a soft opening 30 mins prior to actual listed opening time, is this true? We will NOT be staying at GCH or eating breakfast their or anything of that nature...So if I heard correctly, I can get into DCA at 9:30am (even though opening time is 10a,) get in the Fastpass line at GRR and then I should be good, right?

Does the FP list a colored section that you have to sit in? If not, where are THE best locations?? I've looked at the map here on this thread and I'm confused...does each section have tiers/steps that allow for more elevated viewing? Or is it pretty much all flat like for Fantasmic?

Also, since we would probably be seeing the later show, how does the process of lining up work? And where do you line up exactly? Did I read correctly that each colored section has it's own separate que??

I am SO totally lost and just a bit overwhelmed! Please tell me where a family of 3, with a young child should go for the best viewing spots. We won't have any disabled folks in our party, we won't be doing the dining/picnic option and we don't mind waiting in line or getting wet while watching the show.

Is it me or does this whole process just seem WAY more complicated then it needs to be?!? Any advice helps!:goodvibes

I read quite a few of the pages and didn't see an answer to this question.

Is there a handicap PD area? DH will be in a wheel chair, but we were also considering the picnic. Is it worth it to get the picnic since we can go into the handicap area?

I read quite a few of the pages and didn't see an answer to this question.

Is there a handicap PD area? DH will be in a wheel chair, but we were also considering the picnic. Is it worth it to get the picnic since we can go into the handicap area?

There is a handicap area. I saw it yesday while looking at the map. I'll see if I can find it. If you don't do the picnic then you have to get a FP. The picnic is good because you don't have to go get the fast pass becuase it comes with one. Plus the picnic price is pretty decent considering its DL. You can't do the handicap area if you don't have a FP I would assume :(

*edit* the map is a few post in front of yours lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter