World of Color Superthread

I just have uploaded the WoC TRON segment at the end of the WoC show. This is the spot that I have watch WoC on Friday from the back of the viewing area right in front of the yellow fire hydrant. It was the blue FP viewing area. Thanks Disneyland 1951 for the WoC viewing chart to see where the best spot to see the show.

As you can see from my pics, this is where I was viewing the 9pm WoC show on Nov. 19.
5201916728_53aa0bc566_b.jpg

5201324861_dd3bf69ec9_b.jpg

Here is my pic during the night just before the show started.
5202987211_704ffc5e4e_b.jpg

5203585876_91a55cd320_b.jpg

5203588730_1ee6d2a7e4_b.jpg

Here is the WoC TRON segment on my youtube. You can click on the picture and it will go to my video. I hope you enjoy it.

11/30/2010 Update

Everyday the first show fastpasses run out between 10:45 on a busy day and 1:00pm on a slow day.
The second show Fastpasses run out as early as 1:00pm on a busy day and are available as late as 6:00pm on a slow day.

Demand for the first show (everyday) remains high, and to get a fastpass you need to enter before opening (9:30) to 10:15am
to be sure to get a WOC Fastpass. Or, have reserved a Picnic or Dining WOC ahead of time. To get Blue you need to enter at 9:30
and go directly to the Fastpass machines.
The lines are much shorter now and only one person of your group needs to be in line,
but all tickets must have been scanned at DL OR DCA to get a fastpass,

They have one show Monday - Thurs,
Two shows Friday, Sat, & Sun.

On weekend nights:
Friday & Sunday with 2 shows the last show is usually available into the early evening.
On Saturday they will run out in early afternoon.

FastPass Distribution Information:

The Fastpasses still run out at about the time shown.
1st show (8:00 or 9:00pm) Everyday
9:00 - 9:50 = Blue
9:50 - 10:15 = Yellow
10:15 - 10:45 = Red

2nd Show (10:15pm) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
10:45 in the same order:
Ask a Cast member and they will tell you when (after) they change.
They do not know this ahead of time, as there are too many variables.

RESERVED VIEWING
Picnic Box / Picnic WCT Lunch: Orderd ahead of the day you get the 1st show Blue or Yellow
Purchased the same day (When Available) 2nd show Blue or Yellow
Note: "Picnic Meal" Fastpasses aka: Reserved Viewing are exactly the same as a Blue or Yellow fastpass
obtained by having one person waiting 5-10 minutes in the Fastpass line!

PREFERRED VIEWING
Reserved Dining "PREFERRED Viewing"[/B] (A $30 meal at Arials or WCT)
The Preferred Dining Section is in the Center of the viewing area and has no "color".
Early Reservations = 1st Show that day
Later Reservations = 2nd Show (when available) that day...

I have a dumb question about the WoC fastpasses. I understand that they do have a color associated with them. How can you determine what color you get? Are they at random or do they go in some type of order?
They start with blue. When blue runs out they give out yellow. Last is red.

We watched the show Wed. night from the spot suggested above (by the yellow fire hydrant). It was a great spot to watch the show. Very easy to get in and out.

Hey all, I made a remix of some of my favorite segments from World of Color to the soundtrack of Soarin. It was just a random idea and a way to avoid writing a paper for school, but I think it actually turned out kinda cool.

I figured all my people on the DISboards would be the only ones to really appreciate it so I am posting it here. Let me know what you think. :cool1:

http://www.vimeo.com/17479837
popcorn::

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Kevin

We went Wednesday night (December 1) and did the preferred seating with Ariel's Grotto. First of all, the dinner was excellent! We were SOOOO full, and felt like it was a good value. Had the usual glump of people to get into the 8:15 show, but we were quickly in to the preferred section and went straight to the spot "Disneyland1951" originally recommended as "BEST" next to the handicapped section and in front of the VIP. NO ONE was there. Even the Cast Member seemed surprised when we asked if that section was available to us as we walked in--he was ushering everyone down closer to the water.

I thought the view was nice there--you could see the WHOLE show at once. The last time I went, we were in Blue, down on the second tier and had a great, unobstructed view closer to the water. I don't know which I preferred. I think closer to the water you get more of the awesomeness of the show--you feel more a part of it--but you miss the overall picture and some of the special effects (little fountains in the bushes in front of you and the glowing lightbulbs in the viewing area).

Crowds were relatively light at first--not as packed right away when they let you in (like it was this summer), so the mayhem factor was a bit lessened! :)

We went Wednesday night (December 1) and did the preferred seating with Ariel's Grotto. First of all, the dinner was excellent! We were SOOOO full, and felt like it was a good value. Had the usual glump of people to get into the 8:15 show, but we were quickly in to the preferred section and went straight to the spot "Disneyland1951" originally recommended as "BEST" next to the handicapped section and in front of the VIP. NO ONE was there. Even the Cast Member seemed surprised when we asked if that section was available to us as we walked in--he was ushering everyone down closer to the water.

I thought the view was nice there--you could see the WHOLE show at once. The last time I went, we were in Blue, down on the second tier and had a great, unobstructed view closer to the water. I don't know which I preferred. I think closer to the water you get more of the awesomeness of the show--you feel more a part of it--but you miss the overall picture and some of the special effects (little fountains in the bushes in front of you and the glowing lightbulbs in the viewing area).

Crowds were relatively light at first--not as packed right away when they let you in (like it was this summer), so the mayhem factor was a bit lessened! :)

What time did you line up for the 8:15 show? I will do Preferred Dining this coming week, and would like to get a feel for when we should line up to get a good spot. Also, where did you line up? It seems it keeps changing. I figure someone from this past week would be the best to ask, as it will probably be similar for this coming week.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated!

What time did you line up for the 8:15 show? I will do Preferred Dining this coming week, and would like to get a feel for when we should line up to get a good spot. Also, where did you line up? It seems it keeps changing. I figure someone from this past week would be the best to ask, as it will probably be similar for this coming week.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated!

I think we lined up between 7- 7:15, and there were quite a few people already in the "glop." They did the thing where they put a barrier up and get people behind it (like a rope drop) and then they let us in and told us to go to certain sections to line up. We were about 30-40 people back in the Preferred line (and I use "line" loosely) but because we knew where we were headed, we still got a very nice spot. Preferred didn't fill up until around 7:45 or so. Those were the people that ended up in the circle area with heads in their view. Not many people were right around us, though. :confused3

Anyone attempting to do WOC on New Years Eve? What are your strategies?

Questions like this come up often. So far there is little difference between one night or another.

WoC viewing has maxed out almost every night. The viewing won't be more crowded than it was yesterday of will be tomorrow.

The main thing will be with more people there will be more people thinking ahead. The dining will book faster and the FPs will have a longer line in the morning that grows faster.

Questions like this come up often. So far there is little difference between one night or another.

WoC viewing has maxed out almost every night. The viewing won't be more crowded than it was yesterday of will be tomorrow.

The main thing will be with more people there will be more people thinking ahead. The dining will book faster and the FPs will have a longer line in the morning that grows faster.

Thank you. Im still trying to figure out if dining will mean less standing for long time or if its the same amount of time. I have a bad back and don't want to stand longer then I need too. But don't want to rent an ecv either. To hard to move around with so many people there.

Anyhow, that you for your help. :santa:

Thank you. Im still trying to figure out if dining will mean less standing for long time or if its the same amount of time. I have a bad back and don't want to stand longer then I need too. But don't want to rent an ecv either. To hard to move around with so many people there.

Anyhow, that you for your help. :santa:

Will buying dinner save time? Is another common question. At night it won't save anytime. You still have to gather will all the other dinner package people and then are let into the viewing area to find spots and then wait for the show to begin.

Buying a meal wether dinner, lunch of a picnic saves you the time of waiting for a FP in the morning. This may save 30 minutes at the gate and 30 in line for the FPs.

If standing is a big problem you may want to get a GAC and view from a handicapped area in Paradise Park. You still need a FP but each color zone has a H area with a couple benches.

Will buying dinner save time? Is another common question. At night it won't save anytime. You still have to gather will all the other dinner package people and then are let into the viewing area to find spots and then wait for the show to begin.

Buying a meal wether dinner, lunch of a picnic saves you the time of waiting for a FP in the morning. This may save 30 minutes at the gate and 30 in line for the FPs.

If standing is a big problem you may want to get a GAC and view from a handicapped area in Paradise Park. You still need a FP but each color zone has a H area with a couple benches.

Thank you. I never thought about trying to get an GAC. Nor did I know it would help with WOC. I will check into that.

Thank you again for all your help.

Is seeing WOC something that is pretty doable with little kids, or should we forget it this year? We have a 4-year-old, 2-year-old and a baby. How early do you really need to line up at the viewing area? I have heard anything from 30 mins, to 2 hours before the show. With small kids, we'd need to get a spot where they could actually be able to see the show. We'll be in DL from January 24-28. From everything I've read, I just can't figure out how bad this is going to be. If it was just DH and I, we would just get there super early and wait, but with 3 little kids that would be a nightmare. I am worried about it turning into a stressful and bad experience. Help!

Is seeing WOC something that is pretty doable with little kids, or should we forget it this year? We have a 4-year-old, 2-year-old and a baby. How early do you really need to line up at the viewing area? I have heard anything from 30 mins, to 2 hours before the show. With small kids, we'd need to get a spot where they could actually be able to see the show. We'll be in DL from January 24-28. From everything I've read, I just can't figure out how bad this is going to be. If it was just DH and I, we would just get there super early and wait, but with 3 little kids that would be a nightmare. I am worried about it turning into a stressful and bad experience. Help!

Since you want the 4 yo and 2 yo to see you will want to make sure you get a close spot to the rails so everyone can see. You will have to employ some strategy.

IMO you should wait 2 years. 2yo and baby won't take much out of the show but they will need to be dragged around.

Just a bump so people can use the information in this thread tonight.

Here is my question:

My mom uses an ECV to get around Disney as she can only walk very short distances. She also cannot stand for longer than a minute or two at a time. Does anyone have any experience viewing WOC with a handicapped member in their party? It sounds like we'll still need to try our luck with the fastpasses, or else do the dining package, but any other advice would be much appreciated!

Here is my question:

My mom uses an ECV to get around Disney as she can only walk very short distances. She also cannot stand for longer than a minute or two at a time. Does anyone have any experience viewing WOC with a handicapped member in their party? It sounds like we'll still need to try our luck with the fastpasses, or else do the dining package, but any other advice would be much appreciated!

You will still need to get a FP through one of the various methods. Each color zone has a HA area inside it where she can view from either on the ECV or if you get there on a bench that the ECV can be parked behind. You can see these areas on the map on the first page of this thread.

There are stairs down to the viewing areas so the ECV will want to enter in the red and go across to the correct viewing area. These areas do get crowded too, so plan to show upjust like if you veiwing without a GAC.

You will still need to get a FP through one of the various methods. Each color zone has a HA area inside it where she can view from either on the ECV or if you get there on a bench that the ECV can be parked behind. You can see these areas on the map on the first page of this thread.

There are stairs down to the viewing areas so the ECV will want to enter in the red and go across to the correct viewing area. These areas do get crowded too, so plan to show upjust like if you veiwing without a GAC.

Thanks for the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter