World cup

mickeydumplings

Mouseketeer
Hello

We are all booked up to go July 8th and have just realised
that July 9th is world cup final day.
On the off chance England are in the final :banana:
Is there some where we can go and watch it, we are staying on site.

Thanks
Debbie
:Pinkbounc

I would imagine it would be shown at the Cricketers' Arms pub in the Mercado on I-Drive, (if it's still there), but on-site the only places I can think of where it may be shown are the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk and All Star Cafe at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

Although I did notice them showing sport on the big plasma screen in the bar at POR, so perhaps some resorts bars my show it - it depends what channel it's on I guess.

mickeydumplings said:
Hello

Thanks goofyish thought there may have been a sports
bar on site.

Debbie
There is the ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk....but I'm not sure they would show this....anyone know for sure?

:wizard:

When we were at the All Stars last May we watched the Liverpool Champions League Cup final on the TV in our room (sorry can't remember what channel in was - perhaps ESPN ?).

My quick research on t'internet says that ESPN (part of ABC, in turn part of Disney) has the English language rights to broadcast the World Cup. On that basis, my guess is that either ESPN or ESPN2 will be showing the final live.

As regards where to find it, guess that you have a good chance on-site, but would not rely on ESPN Club at Boardwalk given a recent visit there was 100% US-sports dominated.

As for England's chances of actually being in the final...... :rotfl: ::MickeyMo :rotfl:

I would be amazed if the final was not on at ESPN at Boardwalk.

Off site there is Front Row on I-drive possibly, others mentioned such as the Cricketer's, Harry Ramsbottom's on the 192 perhaps - ESPN club would be 1st choice though.

Johnny

mickeydumplings said:
Hello

We are all booked up to go July 8th and have just realised
that July 9th is world cup final day.
On the off chance England are in the final :banana:
Is there some where we can go and watch it, we are staying on site.

Thanks
Debbie

i take it you believe in MIRACLES LOL

Don't worry about missing the final - England wont be in it!!

Lawrie Sanchez's green and white army!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter