Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's first trip to see Mickey Mouse!

Disney World for her 21st Birthday!

disneyapril221.jpg

disneyapril219.jpg

@ Port Orleans Riverside

disneyapril246.jpg

disneyapril250.jpg

Birthday dinner at Rainforest cafe DTD

disneyapril216.jpg

mom quit taking my picture
disneyapril215.jpg

after dinner getting ready for bed
disneyapril227.jpg

disneyapril225.jpg

Heh! The trials of living with (or possibly, at this point, hanging out with) an artist. ;)

I know right? you'd think they'd get used to it:rolleyes1
------------------------------------------------------------

next we have Josh, also known as "daddy" to Jaxon

Josh's first trip to Disney was with us in April of 2010, and he couldn't wait to go back last year in May of 2011
Josh is 33 and a kid at heart.... he's a brick mason by day and a avid hunter and fisherman when he's not working.... although he'll be the first to admit he's better at fishing than hunting:lmao:
I don't know if I have any pics of Josh by himself but here are a couple from those trips... I think he is still a little bit leery of the headed characters

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

I'm not sure if Josh has a favorite character...I'm not sure if Josh even likes the characters....haha....
he doesn't like heights, and he doesn't like roller coaster rides, even the little ones... I guess his main reason for coming along is the food.... he really likes the food!

next up.....
Danny, also known as.....

GRUMPA
Photo0293FourBySix.jpg

and this is one of the few pictures you will actually see him smile...
he'll try to tell you that it's because of his mustache :rolleyes1
he says he does smile, you just can't tell because his mustache gets in the way :lmao:

Danny's first trip to Disney was in 2003 for our honeymoon... and the entire time we were there he really wanted to be at the Daytona 500:drive:
he kept saying we could be there in an hour:hourglass
needless to say we didn't go....
Danny goes to Talladega twice a year for the spring and fall races, but not as a spectator... he works on one of the tool trucks. the ones you see pull out on the track after a crash. He is one of the firefighter/rescue guys you see in the red gear. If a driver has to be extricated from his car that is what Danny and the rest of his crew (4 total) do....
He is a firefighter/ paramedic full time and works part time as a firefighter/EMT also, so I only see him every 3rd day, so our trips to Disney are a welcome relief for him. So this break that we are taking from Disney has been hard on both of us.
First he tells me it's way too early to start PTR and then every day he asks me if I've added any more to it:scratchin

I stand corrected.............

another smile... the fish bit his finger

DSC03984.jpg

this is more the norm

DSC03990.jpg

DSC03992.jpg

one of the things we started doing (ok I started it) on our Disney trips, is that Danny always tries on hats and I always take his picture (after all that's what I do);)
then he found out I was posting them on a thread called the hat dance or something like that, and he said no more:confused3
so now every time I take his picture in a hat he swears if I put it on the DISboards he won't pose for any more...:sad: and each trip I get home and post them, and the next trip he poses for more telling me I'm not to post them:listen:

DSC04824.jpg

DSC04827.jpg

as I'm sitting here going through the pictures to post I have to laugh at myself... these pictures are from our Sept 2010 trip, it was the first and only time we have gone in September and the first time we ever did MNSSHP, which we both had a lot of fun at. and looking at the pictures there are actually several where Danny was smiling :) I guess I will have to go back through some of the other trips to find the real GRUMPY :rotfl:

at 50's Prime Time

DSC04362.jpg

at EPCOT....not sure where?

DSC04763.jpg

I turned my camera sideways to take this shot so Meiko turned his body sideways

DSC08334.jpg

DSC08325.jpg

for those who don't know me I only post 3 or 4 pictures (usually) per post because any more than that seems to slow down how fast the page loads

DSC08036.jpg

DSC08060.jpg

DSC07464.jpg

I ordered this for Danny for our 6th Anniversary
there were 6 Zebra striped strawberries, one for each year

DSC07416.jpg

and this is one of the few pictures you will actually see him smile...
he'll try to tell you that it's because of his mustache :rolleyes1

at EPCOT....not sure where?

DSC04763.jpg

With those dimples? Mustache not an issue. ;)

What a meanie you are for not letting him go to Daytona for his honeymoon. :rotfl:

Your hubby should count his blessings -- my brother always said he was going to York, Nebraska for his honeymoon (we crossed Nebraska every year to visit my grandparents and he found their publicity amusing). Most people thought he was kidding; fortunately, my SIL knew better, and was not surprised when that's where they went. :rolleyes: Just for a weekend -- the next month, after his best buddy got married, the four of them went on a honeymoon cruise. Knowing my brother's buddy as I do, I think I would have stopped with the Nebraska trip. :p

With those dimples? Mustache not an issue. ;)

What a meanie you are for not letting him go to Daytona for his honeymoon. :rotfl:

Your hubby should count his blessings -- my brother always said he was going to York, Nebraska for his honeymoon (we crossed Nebraska every year to visit my grandparents and he found their publicity amusing). Most people thought he was kidding; fortunately, my SIL knew better, and was not surprised when that's where they went. :rolleyes: Just for a weekend -- the next month, after his best buddy got married, the four of them went on a honeymoon cruise. Knowing my brother's buddy as I do, I think I would have stopped with the Nebraska trip. :p

I have to admit, he's kinda cute when he smiles:p
the funny part of not going to Daytona, he is the one who thought of going to Disney... if he had said beforehand he wanted to go to Daytona that's where we would have gone::yes::
as for Nebraska that's kinda funny... don't think I'd want to spend my honeymoon there but I do sooo want to go there:upsidedow I do genealogy research in my spare time and some of my ancestors lived and died there, and one day before I'm too old I want to go cemetery hopping and find headstones of some of them:rolleyes2

ok, last up on the character list is yours truly.... my name is Vickie, and for the time being I'm a stay at home grandma :wave2: I worked as a waitress for just over 20 years and then in Feb 2010 the Cafe I was working at for the past 5 years closed with 2 days notice :(
I worked for the Census Bureau for the 2010 census, then in April 2010 the tragic gulf oil spill happened and a lot of local businesses went under:sad:
so I could not find another job. Then last year when we found out my daughter was having a baby we decided I would stay home and take care of Jaxon while his mommy and daddy work. I have a lot of fun taking care of him and feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with him :goodvibes
but I do have to admit that while we are getting by, me not working has cut into the Disney budget and that has a lot to do with why we are 'taking a break' from Disney... but I wouldn't give up my time with him for anything...

DSC00337.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter