Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's first trip to see Mickey Mouse!

Joining in!

One of my DS is named Jaxon also :)

hello! and thanks for joining! I love the name Jaxon even if my daughter did name him after Jax on SOA:lmao: I saw the other day that Jaxon (spelled in various ways) is now the second most popular boy name which kinda makes me sad because when you choose a name that a bit different you kinda hope there won't be a dozen more when they go to school:rolleyes1
and I see you have a Disney trip coming up soon, I'm gonna have to hop on over and take a look at your PTR!

a little bit more about me... I was actually born in Anaheim California just down the road from Disneyland, so I grew up going to Disney several time a year
I love everything Disney, but never realized my real passion for it til I didn't live just down the street from Disneyland anymore... you know that old saying, you don't know what you have til it's gone... well, that's me to a "T"
My mom worked at a restaurant named Belisle's that was on Harbor Blvd, just a mile south of DL and she actually used to wait on Walt Disney when he and his imagineers (were they called that way back when?) when DL was being built and the early years after it opened...she worked the graveyard shift there for 24 years :faint:

Belisles001.jpg

my dad worked at DL when it first opened... he worked as an upkeep/repair guy for the rides like Mr Toads wild ride

I was going to try to post some more pictures before I go to bed but for some reason they are not wanting to load tonight so I'll try again tomorrow:wave2:

I have a lot of fun taking care of him and feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with him :goodvibes
but I do have to admit that while we are getting by, me not working has cut into the Disney budget and that has a lot to do with why we are 'taking a break' from Disney... but I wouldn't give up my time with him for anything...

:thumbsup2

You'll be so glad you did that when he gets older. Your daughter is blessed to have you; my niece got to stay with her grandparents when she was little and so got a lot of consistency growing up; her grandpa even moved to California with them and is still part of her life now she's in her teens (he's got his own floor of their condo). OTOH, my cousin's kids were in day care the whole time and he was constantly tearing his hair out over it, while his wife was frustrated about the fact that she was always having to update someone new on how to work with her kids.

My mom worked at a restaurant named Belisle's that was on Harbor Blvd, just a mile south of DL and she actually used to wait on Walt Disney when he and his imagineers (were they called that way back when?) when DL was being built and the early years after it opened...she worked the graveyard shift there for 24 years :faint:

my dad worked at DL when it first opened... he worked as an upkeep/repair guy for the rides like Mr Toads wild ride

What a Disney legacy! :cool2:

a little bit more about me... I was actually born in Anaheim California just down the road from Disneyland, so I grew up going to Disney several time a year
I love everything Disney, but never realized my real passion for it til I didn't live just down the street from Disneyland anymore... you know that old saying, you don't know what you have til it's gone... well, that's me to a "T"

Belisles001.jpg

That is AHHH---MAY---ZING!!!! I couldn't imagine! Did she say he was just the sweetest man on earth?!? Is Belisle's still there?

I love DLR... I admit NOT as much as WDW, but still Love it. We like to alternate our visits between the two.

Anyway...... I love all your past Disney Pictures, thanks for sharing.;)

That is AHHH---MAY---ZING!!!! I couldn't imagine! Did she say he was just the sweetest man on earth?!? Is Belisle's still there?

I love DLR... I admit NOT as much as WDW, but still Love it. We like to alternate our visits between the two.

Anyway...... I love all your past Disney Pictures, thanks for sharing.;)

the thing she remembered most, was he was always pleasant and never acted like he was anybody special... when they used to come in to eat they would doodle on the paper placemats at the counter and then sign their work... I have 4 of these placemats with drawings of Donald Duck, Bambi, and several other characters... I have tried over the years to identify the other signatures but to no avail

and sadly Belisle's closed (about 1996 I think) after the city used eminent domain to build a hotel there, only to find out it couldn't be built there after all....
below is a pic of what now sits on that corner:mad:
and the next pic is from one of the many Belisle's menus with sketches of different employees...the waitress on the far right is my mom...(she always had a spare pencil tucked behind her ear

disneyland04009.jpg

Belisles002.jpg

ok, I'm gonna try a few more pics of myself , things seems to be working better tonight

eeyore03004.jpg

DSC02377.jpg

DSC02379.jpg

Mickey and Minnie are my favorite characters

so now you've met the gang...
we're still over a year away from our trip and we are already changing our minds about things:rolleyes1 go figure.
as of right now our travel dates will be arrive on Friday December 13th:scared1: and leave on Friday Dec 20th... but since we will be taking Daniel out of school for that week, I'm thinking we may have to leave Friday afternoon instead of morning... we usually leave about 4am so we can be checked into our hotel by noon.
but if he have to wait til afternoon to leave, we won't get there til midnight. if that is the case we may have to extend to the 21st. or maybe leave Saturday morning at 4am, in which case again we would stay til the 21st. such decisions :idea:

as for where we are staying.... well, until this past week it was for sure we would be staying at Bonnet Creek. we stayed there in April and May of 2011 in a 3 bedroom and it was awesome.
but to get the best rates you have to wait til it's only a few months out and since this isn't a spur of the moment trip that kinda scares me.

bathroom shared by bedrooms 2 & 3

DSC06966.jpg

DSC06967.jpg

this sink is outside the room that has shower and toilet and another sink

DSC06968.jpg

washer and dryer is in hall between bedrooms 2 & 3...they supply laundry detergent but not fabric softener, and if you run out you just call and ask for more and they send it up

DSC06969.jpg

from hall looking towards Master BR

DSC06972.jpg

Master bedroom....
one thing all of us agreed on (which is rare:rotfl2:) is that this place had the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on

DSC06973.jpg

looking from room into master bath...with spa tub and again 2 seperate sink areas

DSC06975.jpg

we were in tower 5 and this was view from our balcony....when we went back in May we were in tower 6 and our view was of pools and lake

DSC06983.jpg

looking up from pool area

DSC06990.jpg

DSC06992.jpg

DSC06994.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter