Wordle- Who is playing?

I saw this craze on the news last night actually and I’m confused. Are you supposed to be guessing one random 5-letter word out of the entire English language without clues? How is that possible? :confused: I can’t try it for myself because I have a company phone that blocks downloads.

I saw this craze on the news last night actually and I’m confused. Are you supposed to be guessing one random 5-letter word out of the entire English language without clues? How is that possible? :confused: I can’t try it for myself because I have a company phone that blocks downloads.

It's kind of like hangman. The clues are from your guesses - you see which letters are or are not used and if they're in the correct place or not.

I started 5 days ago. I have gotten the word by the last try all days. Today was the third guess. My best yet.

Yes!!! (And thanks for the reminder. - I haven't played today's yet!)

My niece told me about it on Friday, and I have been playing ever since. As of yesterday, I was at 80% and on a four win streak.

That was DH's reaction at first, but he tried it too and loves it! You guess the first word randomly, but then it tells it tells you what letters you have right and you narrow your guesses.

And there is no app to download. Someone linked the website a couple of posts up.

Tell me more - what strategy can there be for something totally random? :scratchin

Using vowel-heavy words like "viola" or "audio" or words with more common letters like RSTLNE usually give you a better chance of getting at least 1 letter on your first shot.

I was going to say the same thing about RSTLNE - remember how everyone used to guess those letters first on Wheel of Fortune?

I got it in three today. My record is two. But yesterday it took me four. - I had nothing in the first two rows, so I thought I was doomed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!