**Woohoo !! It's Christmas Day !!**

getting quite christmassy now..its all those adverts that have started to appear..Just waiting for the Coca-cola advert to come on...

Holidays are coming Holidays are coming:santa:

Have made two christmas cakes and will be feeding them every saturday with brandy. Well it will be one for the cake one for me, may need another bottle before Christmas actually arrives:)

getting quite christmassy now..its all those adverts that have started to appear..Just waiting for the Coca-cola advert to come on...

Holidays are coming Holidays are coming:santa:

Have made two christmas cakes and will be feeding them every saturday with brandy. Well it will be one for the cake one for me, may need another bottle before Christmas actually arrives:)

I can't wait for the Coca Cola advert to come on too :) I hope the truck is doing a tour of the UK again

I'm loving the Christmas adverts this year, especially the Debenhams and the controversial Asda one ::yes:: :santa:

I can't wait for the Coca Cola advert to come on too :) I hope the truck is doing a tour of the UK again

I'm loving the Christmas adverts this year, especially the Debenhams and the controversial Asda one ::yes:: :santa:

I hope it is too! I live for Coca Cola! We never went last time :sad1:

I haven't seen the Asda one yet? Why is it controversial?

Some people are complaining that it's 'sexist', true to life more like :rotfl2::rotfl2:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...exist-Asda-Christmas-ad-is-not-justified.html

I was trying to think if I'd seen the advert! Clicked on your link and watched it. I do remember seeing it and to be honest it hadn't even crossed my mind that it could be sexest because as you say it is generally what happens. Some people need to chill don't they and just take it in the spirit it was meant. Its just aimed at the majority not the minority..:santa:

oh don't know about that:rotfl: I don't mind at all, welcome:santa: We'd be a mean lot to say no to you.

What is a traditional Danish Christmas like?

Please don't kick me out... :lmao:

A Danish Christmas is different because we celebrate it on the 24th in the evening. We'll have pork or duck (well, not me since I'm a vegetarian) with brown potatoes and red spinach for dinner with rice pudding for dessert. We'll dance around the three while we sing (I'm not sure if you do that as well??) and then in the end, we'll open the gifts.

Our traditional decorations are a lot different but today most people (including me) decorates in a more US inspired way. I'll post pictures when we get closer, if you want to see them. :santa:

Hi :wave2:

Can I join your Christmas thread? I know I'm not from the UK, but I really love Christmas :santa:

Please don't kick me out... :lmao:

A Danish Christmas is different because we celebrate it on the 24th in the evening. We'll have pork or duck (well, not me since I'm a vegetarian) with brown potatoes and red spinach for dinner with rice pudding for dessert. We'll dance around the three while we sing (I'm not sure if you do that as well??) and then in the end, we'll open the gifts.

Our traditional decorations are a lot different but today most people (including me) decorates in a more US inspired way. I'll post pictures when we get closer, if you want to see them. :santa:

:santa: Welcome to our Christmas thread Stephanie, it's lovely to hear how people celebrate Christmas, wherever they're from

In a few weeks I will be starting our 'Show us your Christmas tree/decorations thread', so please post some photos of your decorations, it would be lovely to see them :santa:

The Christmas tree is up with 960 lights. One day earlier than planned as well! :thumbsup2

Photo to follow, tomorrow.

Happy Christmas

David

The Christmas tree is up with 960 lights. One day earlier than planned as well! :thumbsup2

Photo to follow, tomorrow.

Happy Christmas

David

Nice one David, I've started the Christmas Tree/Decorations thread for you, you can find it here

Can't wait to see your pics :santa:

So excited. I travel home to Scotland next week to get organised for Christmas, have already ordered alot of things online. Have had the last 6 Christmases in the desert so looking forward to a good old Scottish Christmas. Got my winter woolies bought.;)

So excited. I travel home to Scotland next week to get organised for Christmas, have already ordered alot of things online. Have had the last 6 Christmases in the desert so looking forward to a good old Scottish Christmas. Got my winter woolies bought.;)

I hope you have a fab Christmas back home Sandra :santa: though I bet you'll be gagging to get back on that plane back to the desert in the New Year :rotfl2::rotfl2:

t7719.gif
It's Only 6 Weeks till Christmas !!!
t7719.gif

OMG ! It's shocking how quickly it coming around, I really need to get organised !!!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I have now officially started after 3 hours hard at it on the Internet yesterday I managed to order 3 items!! Well it's a start and has got me ready to get the rest done.

Time is flying along

must get motivated

i normally have the tree up by now , but havent had the energy to do it yet lol

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I properly started my Christmas shopping yesterday too! Me and DH are also off to Meadowhall in a moment for more festive stuff.

Can't wait to put my tree up - we have a couple more Disney decs to add to it this year. :santa::santa:

I decided to make a start on my wrapping up this morning, and thankfully I've done better than I had previously thought (phew !). It seems I have been picking up little bits and bobs over the last few months, and now I only really need to buy my DD's their pressies, which will be done when we have a shopping day in London in a couple of weeks :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter