Wonder's EBPC 9/12/14 Who's Going With Us!

davidls said:
Oh I agree with you Steve. The humidity here in Florida can be a bear. But, I'm more or less use to it by now.

Yesterday I had to mow the grass. Next door neighbor man mowed his a couple of days ago, and made mine look like it was a jungle going on in my yard. I made sure as I mowed my yard the mower was blowing the clippings over into his yard!!!:banana:

Also, for anyone interested, I went onto Amazon and found that book about the building of the Panama Canal. There is also a DVD by the author of the book David McCullogh called "Nova - a Man, a Plan, a Canal." It was made in 2004. Might be worth checking out as well. :thumbsup2

Cool on the DVD! Hopefully we can rent it with Netflix closer to the cruise, I know I'd enjoy watching as I am sure DH would too....

Humidity makes me physically sick if I get to much heat. Here is more humid than FL in the summer, so I have to be careful how much outside I do.....but then we get the cold and snow in the winter.

Cool on the DVD! Hopefully we can rent it with Netflix closer to the cruise, I know I'd enjoy watching as I am sure DH would too....

Humidity makes me physically sick if I get to much heat. Here is more humid than FL in the summer, so I have to be careful how much outside I do.....but then we get the cold and snow in the winter.

Well, I have to mow the grass and trim shrubs and a bunch of other outside things around the house, all year round. The heat and humidity gets to DW too. She can't take too much of it. It don't seem to bother me to much. Many days I am outside the biggest part to the day on the week-end when I have to mow the grass. A man's job is never done!!!:crazy2:

Morning everyone. Happy Monday!!!!:cool1::dance3:

I found us all the way back on page 3!!! Page 3................not sure just how that happened!!!:sad2:

Anyway, Steve I have another question for you. DW and I were talkng last night...................we do that every now and then. Anywho, she asked me what will be the best way for us to get to Disneyland from the airport when we fly in before the cruise. I didn't have an answer for her, but I said I would find out. So I turn to you Steve, my west coast ta, what will be the best way to get to Disneyland from the Airport? We will fly into LA's airport. Now take into consideration, we've never been to CA. :confused3

If you're not renting a car then I recommend the bus service to Anaheim. You may want to consider flying into John Wayne Airport rather than LAX. But there is a bus that'll take you right to the Disneyland Hotel. I forget the name and cost of it right now. I used it about 4-5 years ago.

If you're not renting a car then I recommend the bus service to Anaheim. You may want to consider flying into John Wayne Airport rather than LAX. But there is a bus that'll take you right to the Disneyland Hotel. I forget the name and cost of it right now. I used it about 4-5 years ago.

Thanks Steve.:thumbsup2 I checked this out and I think this is the way we are going to go. Fly from Tampa to SAN, (John Wayne Airport), then take the bus to the Disneyland Hotel. Right now they have a website discount for $15.00 for the bus ride to Disneyland. Then rent a car for the drive to the port. I checked this out earlier, and it don't look like it is a bad drive to the port at all. :cool1:

davidls said:
Thanks Steve.:thumbsup2 I checked this out and I think this is the way we are going to go. Fly from Tampa to SAN, (John Wayne Airport), then take the bus to the Disneyland Hotel. Right now they have a website discount for $15.00 for the bus ride to Disneyland. Then rent a car for the drive to the port. I checked this out earlier, and it don't look like it is a bad drive to the port at all. :cool1:

No, Anaheim south to San Diego is NOTHING like LA traffic. Just avoid rush hours and you're golden.

Well, I have to mow the grass and trim shrubs and a bunch of other outside things around the house, all year round. The heat and humidity gets to DW too. She can't take too much of it. It don't seem to bother me to much. Many days I am outside the biggest part to the day on the week-end when I have to mow the grass. A man's job is never done!!!:crazy2:

It's 50 degrees :banana: and sunny today in Seattle. Should be able to mow the Lawn in a couple of weeks.

I wanted to share with everyone, one of our favorite souvenirs from our last Disney cruise. I went online to the Disney Store and bought this Animator's Pallet full size dinner plate and butter knife, (not pictured here), before the cruise. We took the plate with us, very care fully, and wrapped very well I might add, on board the ship. My granddaughter and I took it down to Guest Services during the first day of our cruise along with the red and black permenant markers. Also, I had a special gift for the charactors who signed the plate for us. The CM behind the desk asked me who I wanted to sign the plate. I told her to have all of the charcators and princesses sign it for us. On the next to last day of our cruise we got the plate back and we were so thrilled to have this as a souvenir. Not sure what we will do for this cruise for a souvenir. The ol' mind is trying to think of something.

IMG_0344_zpsa0e1f9ed.jpg

I wanted to share with everyone, one of our favorite souvenirs from our last Disney cruise. I went online to the Disney Store and bought this Animator's Pallet full size dinner plate and butter knife, (not pictured here), before the cruise. We took the plate with us, very care fully, and wrapped very well I might add, on board the ship. My granddaughter and I took it down to Guest Services during the first day of our cruise along with the red and black permenant markers. Also, I had a special gift for the charactors who signed the plate for us. The CM behind the desk asked me who I wanted to sign the plate. I told her to have all of the charcators and princesses sign it for us. On the next to last day of our cruise we got the plate back and we were so thrilled to have this as a souvenir. Not sure what we will do for this cruise for a souvenir. The ol' mind is trying to think of something.

IMG_0344_zpsa0e1f9ed.jpg

I love it! They are not selling this plate online right now - are they available onboard? We are going on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in Oct and thought this would be an amazing memento!!

I love it! They are not selling this plate online right now - are they available onboard? We are going on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in Oct and thought this would be an amazing memento!!

They were available on board the Fantasy last year.

Yes they do sell the plates in one of the shops on board. At least they had them when we were on board last December. You will have to wait until you set sail to purchase the plate. The shops don't open up when the ship is docked. Be sure to take along the permenant markers for the charactors to use to sign with. Oh, and also, take along a thank you gift that all of the charactors can share while they sign your souvenir. When we went in December it was about 10 days before Christmas. I found a small bag at Wal-Mart that said I Love Santa Claus on the front. I filled it up with individually wrapped candies, chocolate bars are best they don't get much chocolate, and told the CM behind the desk, when I gave her our plate, that this was a thank you gift for the charactors for signing our plaste. Have a GREAT cruise!!!

And a very HAPPY Wednesday to one and all. I am at work today..............so I'm not all THAT happy. But it ain't all that bad. When you consider I only work 6 hours a day!!! Gotta do my happy dance!!!:dancer: But after work it's back home and try to tackle that ol' hunny do list of mine. That thing never seems to get any shorter!!!

Thanks David. I'm going to read up! Next week I get a bit of a break. Only 4 twelve hour days. Whoo Hoo! I'm thinking if taking some time off in April to recoup from all of the craziness at work these days.

WOW!!! 12 hour days!!! I remember those. Gives me a headache thinking about it though. Glad to hear you will get a break in the action there Steve. I plan on taking a week off sometime late March or early April. DW has this major project she wants me to do, and once I get started I want to get it done and out of the way. Got to watch the weather so the rain won't interfer with my getting it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter