Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

I hope you decide to join us lvstitch and family!!! This would make for a GREAT 20th Wedding anniversary. (Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, married 20 years............. wish I could remember back that far!!! ) Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................I mean I remember it well!!! 20 year Wedding Anniversary, YES I remember that!!! Any ways, hope ya'll decide to join us. Like everyone else has said we too LOVE those sea days!!! :cool1::woohoo:

kdeans1010 you have our vote for the Meet Person Setter Upper!!! (Does the neon flash off & on, off & on, off & on!!! I could find you for sure then!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well, got to go and take care of DS. He is doing very well. At his age he heals much fast then his ol' man. He should be able to take care of himself very soon. I know he just gets frustrated with not being able to care for himself, and have someone wait on him hand and foot. (WHAT AM I SAYING!!!! He loves having someone wait on him hand and foot...............what's NOT to like about someone waiting on you hand and foot!!!)

Kdeans1010, you have our vote too! I'm short and tend to fade into the background....I chat up well online, but in person, I hate to walk up to anyone because what if they don't want to talk to me? If I'm typing something on a page, I don't know if you read it or not!

David, glad to hear your son is doing better and recovering well! He will be back to normal soon....

Well, got to go and take care of DS. He is doing very well. At his age he heals much fast then his ol' man. He should be able to take care of himself very soon. I know he just gets frustrated with not being able to care for himself, and have someone wait on him hand and foot. (WHAT AM I SAYING!!!! He loves having someone wait on him hand and foot...............what's NOT to like about someone waiting on you hand and foot!!!)

What did he do?!?! When my sister busted her foot in like a bajillion (yep that's a word) places, she had me take care of her. She hated feeling so dependent on someone. On the plus side? She has a nurse's aide as a sister... it could've been worse! Hopefully your son will look fondly of these moments.

No flashing neon. I like mustard yellow along with sunshine yellows and bright colors because well the Pacific Northwest is always gray and I work NOCs. And I'm not gracefully loud. I'm loud and nerdy. If y'all agree I'm cool with it. I'm going to be in the single ladies room.

I hope you decide to join us lvstitch and family!!! This would make for a GREAT 20th Wedding anniversary. (Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, married 20 years............. wish I could remember back that far!!! ) Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................I mean I remember it well!!! 20 year Wedding Anniversary, YES I remember that!!! Any ways, hope ya'll decide to join us. Like everyone else has said we too LOVE those sea days!!! :cool1::woohoo:

:D

Right now all the cabins I want (navigators veranda or balcony not above the kids clubs) are taken. I will be checking everyday for availability. I already have a cruise on hold so at least I can use the rebooking discount.

kdeans1010 said:
I went to Skyline once and busted my ankle. I was like "ohhhhh Star Wars characters! Ohhhh dehydration! Booze! Bam!" Totally unrelated note, I plan not to drink a whole lot. :rotfl2:

Yeah I can be the meet person. Tall, loud, 33 year old female. Very easy to find. I tend to wear neon.

Wonderful......create a post for the meet and I'll link to it from the first post!

I tend to be loud too, just ask my DH, but I tend not to wear neon.....hahaha.....

:yay:Looks like quiet a few of us are celebrating anniversaries on board! :hug:

Getting so excited!!!:woohoo::cheer2:party:

Hello everyone :wave2:

I am considering doing this cruise for my 20th Wedding Anniversary but am just concerned with being at sea for 5 days. I'm only ever done 7 night cruises. It's either this or WDW (where we were married) but I just think this would be more special.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud or anything but if you are having doubts already then you should be forewarned that there will be 7 days at sea, not 5.

I don't mean to split hairs but 2 MORE days at sea might frighten you even more. Personally I am looking forward to those sea days. I have been on a 3 night and a 7 night cruise and IMHO there was not enough time on either of those amazing cruises to do everything that I wanted to do.

If you are afraid of being bored or are afraid that you will feel "trapped" onboard in the middle of the ocean then please read the trip report being posted about a WBPC. I am enthralled and can't wait to experience some of the same things. :cheer2:

I am also looking forward to meeting and spending time with the others that are posting on this thread. I think it was David who said that this was going to be an incredible cruise and I couldn't agree more. It is so much fun to build relationships with people before you meet them in person. :grouphug:

We did this on the 2004 Magic cruise that I was on, and to this day, one of my very best friends I met on that cruise. pixiedust: If you choose to join us I'm sure you will be able to fill all of the sea days with magical memories you will never forget.

KyCruisinSusan said:
Not to be Johnny Raincloud or anything but if you are having doubts already then you should be forewarned that there will be 7 days at sea, not 5.

I don't mean to split hairs but 2 MORE days at sea might frighten you even more. Personally I am looking forward to those sea days. I have been on a 3 night and a 7 night cruise and IMHO there was not enough time on either of those amazing cruises to do everything that I wanted to do.

If you are afraid of being bored or are afraid that you will feel "trapped" onboard in the middle of the ocean then please read the trip report being posted about a WBPC. I am enthralled and can't wait to experience some of the same things. :cheer2:

I am also looking forward to meeting and spending time with the others that are posting on this thread. I think it was David who said that this was going to be an incredible cruise and I couldn't agree more. It is so much fun to build relationships with people before you meet them in person. :grouphug:

We did this on the 2004 Magic cruise that I was on, and to this day, one of my very best friends I met on that cruise. pixiedust: If you choose to join us I'm sure you will be able to fill all of the sea days with magical memories you will never forget.

We recently did the EBTA where you have a LOT of sea days (9 all in all if my math is right), personally we loved every day of it and had a GREAT time, but once we reached Maderia I think everyone was very excited to get a chance to get off the ship for a while after 5 days (iirc) on the ship without a port. But didn't mean we didn't love it. Personally I love visiting new places but I (dw and kids) really enjoy those sea days.

We meet so many great people that become friends on these long cruises with many sea days, hard to make connections and friends on short cruises because there is so many ports and you don't have as much time to connect.

A few of our EBTA friends will be on this EBPC cruise to, but unfortunately many will not be because they are planning on going on the WBTA instead. Personally I rather do the PC because I not done one yet than the TA, after we done the PC we will see which will be the next long cruise. The long cruises are the best imo and you get to know people the best on those imo.

Got our tickets for MNSSHP yesterday and I am going to make a pirate costume, which I will then bring for our ship's pirate party : )
We're going on 10/27.
Oh, tomorrow we're booking Party for the Senses for 10/26.
Anyone else going to be there?

Wonderful......create a post for the meet and I'll link to it from the first post!

I tend to be loud too, just ask my DH, but I tend not to wear neon.....hahaha.....

No neon, but a lot of purple so tend to be easily spotted and uhm no comment on that other part..:rotfl2:

Hello Everyone. We will be flying to San Diego the day before we set sail on the Wonder. Can anyone suggest a hotel close to the port that also offers a shuttle from the airport?

I just updated the first post with a list of everyone who has signed up to participate in the Palo Group Brunch and also the FE list - hopefully this will let everyone know who/how many we've got participating.

I know Padalyn has told me they want to participate in both/all FE groups if/when the groups split (I do forsee that happening as there is still a lot of time before our cruise and we've already got quite a few participating)....

I have noted that on the list too, so if there is anyone else out there, let me know!

We would probably be interested in being on both lists as well.

Hello Everyone. We will be flying to San Diego the day before we set sail on the Wonder. Can anyone suggest a hotel close to the port that also offers a shuttle from the airport?

HI!!! We are planning on going a couple of days early and staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. It's a little past the port but near enough. Taxi cost is about $10-$12 and there are shuttles that run about $8. DH is looking forward to getting back to his old stomping grounds when he was a young E-2 in the Navy!!!:rotfl2:

But there are plenty of hotels and such right on Harbor Drive, I'm sure there is one with a shuttle!

we are looking into the Hampton Inn in San Diego right near the port...can't book it yet, too far out. Haven't looked into a shuttle from the airport, but taxi can't be too bad. I'm sure the hotel will have an idea.:drive:

Is anyone doing the b2b from Vancouver? We are possibly looking into it.:coffee:

My friend Lee was looking at it. But part of the reason why I booked this cruise is (and I think I said this before) I grew up about 90 minutes (well back then! :rotfl: ) north of San Diego, and I want to go home and see friends and family... Oh and eat Miguel Juniors and get a tattoo from my sister's best friend. We are about 90 minutes south of Vancouver BC so we could do either... I just miss real Mexican food, In and Out, Tommy's Burgers, oh and my best friend. So no 20 days at sea for me.

We will be flying to San Diego on Sept. 10, 2014 for 2 reasons:

1) I want to visit the zoo since the last time I was there was 1987 and

2) I just can't fathom flying across the country on Sept 11. I know that is probably the safest day to fly but the thought just makes me uneasy. ::yes::

We will be flying to San Diego on Sept. 10, 2014 for 2 reasons:

1) I want to visit the zoo since the last time I was there was 1987 and

2) I just can't fathom flying across the country on Sept 11. I know that is probably the safest day to fly but the thought just makes me uneasy. ::yes::

We are also planning on flying in the 10th, for about the same reasons...not the zoo particularly, but DH was stationed in SD when he was a young single sailor and although he's been back on business, he wanted a couple days to explore a bit.
My mother-in-law is flying from Tucson to Buffalo on the 11th this year. Don't know why she chose that date out of ALL the dates she could. :confused3

I went to Skyline once and busted my ankle. I was like "ohhhhh Star Wars characters! Ohhhh dehydration! Booze! Bam!" Totally unrelated note, I plan not to drink a whole lot. :rotfl2:

Yeah I can be the meet person. Tall, loud, 33 year old female. Very easy to find. I tend to wear neon.

Wow! I have been so busy the last week or so and not reading the board! Had to read several pages to get to where you have volunteered to do the meet n greet!! If you want help, ideas, or just another "loud" voice, let me know! We have a "whole" year to plan!!

Somewhere back a few pages, it was suggested I give a few details about myself and DH! Well, we are both somewhat retired! We officially retired from the main jobs, but now travel the Quilt Shows! I am a longarmer and designer of various purses, totes, jackets, etc! We went on the Mediterranean Cruise with Disney this last July! I made our Pirate Costumes for that trip. We obviously are big Disney fans!! We live in Tx! No children, except for the furry kind! DH is a golfer! So, enough for now, it is going to be a long year of waiting for this cruise! Trying to decide if we want to go to DW to the Food and Wine Festival after the cruise!! Have any of you been to that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter