Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

There are 4 of us with 2 rooms - my sister and I and our parents. We are spread between the two Capitals of NZ LOL This will be my first Disney Cruise but the others have their Castaway Club membership.

Yep, as my sister says I'm a repeat cruiser and am excited to be Gold Castaway Club level on this cruise, after we've done the four night cruise from Vancouver to San Diego!

I'm soooooo excited! In 48 days I will be on leave!!! I start leave on the 10th of September and was going back to work on the 29th, but then we found out my son will be commissioned on the 1st of October, and it would be kind of SILLY to go back for two days only to take off another day….so I extended my leave until the 2nd!! YES! I will be on leave for THREE WEEKS and ONE DAY! I have NEVER taken this much time off at one time! I'm sooooo excited! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hello all! We are pretty late to the party with just under two months left! My name is Amy and my husband, myself, and our one year old daughter will be cruising with Disney for the first time! We hope to make some new friends along the way and join in on some activities. Can't wait!
Oh! I would love to be added to the FB group. My email is Amy.t.smith @gmail.com ��

:welcome::welcome:

My wife, Stephanie and I, Tim, are coming from New Zealand to join this amazing cruise. We will be joined by my wife's parents and our five friends from Auckland, for a party of 9.
This is my wife and I's second disney cruise along with our friends from Auckland and the first cruise for my wife's parents.
We all really looking forward to experiencing some more Disney magic!

Roll on September!

Disney Dream - 3 Nov 2013
Disney Wonder Panama Canal - 12 Sep 2014

Proud to be Kiwi's

:welcome::welcome:I have to ask...why do you call yourselves kiwi's?

I forgot to mention our friends fromAuckland have chosen the cruise as their venue for their wedding!

Just to add some extra special magic to our trip!

Tim

Disney Dream - 3 Nov 2013
Disney Wonder Panama Canal - 12 Sep 2014

Proud to be Kiwi's

Are we all invited to the wedding? :hyper::bride:pixiedust:
We lucked out in trading thru RCI to get a Balcony Cabin. But no kids or grandkids this trip - just celebrating our 24th Anniversary. Would like to join the FB group too but can't send PM or visitor messages.

Hi, we have just joined the Thread. We will be getting married on the cruise, and our eight year old daughter will be joining us, a long with my partners 2 adult sons and 4 other friends from New Zealand :-)

See above question to Tim :lovestruc

We all have done it. Don't worry. My first 10 posts were me worrying about having visible tattoos when I wear shorts.... I have a sheep and a lantern on my ankles (on my Achilles tendons) because I am a knitter (with an amazing knitting needle scar between my pecs.... I don't know the way I can put that without words that could get me into trouble. I'm a female.... so between my pecs is between the...) so I got a sheep on my 30th and when I graduated my LPN program I got the Florence Nightingale lamp. I was so worried that people on a Disney boat would judge that. Live and learn.

---
So my mom wants me to get a picture of me and Belle with our noses stuck in books. Growing up I was (and still am) Belle. Always reading, people saying I was peculiar. So my mom is like "on this trip I want this picture. I'll put it in a silver frame" (which means the highest compliment in my parents house). She's even thinking of "letting me" bring her Octoberfest outfit, which is Belle's outfit...Yeah, I don't have room in my luggage for that.

Screw em if they don't love you for who you are. People shouldn't judge other people. Only the Almighty has that privilege.

im thinking we might need a new thread before we set sail

Why? Is there a limit to the number you can have on a thread? :confused3

I just got some information about what's happening on which nights. Note that this is all preliminary, and may change before we depart – or even after we depart – from San Diego. I've also added some information we already had to make it somewhat more complete:

Friday, September 12th – Show: "Let The Magic Begin"
Saturday, September 13th – FORMAL NIGHT – Show: "Golden Mickey's"
** Clocks go forward one hour at bedtime **
Sunday, September 14th – Port: Cabo San Lucas – no information
Monday, September 15th – Port: Puerto Vallarta – no information
Tuesday, September 16th – no information
Wednesday, September 17th – "Taste of California"
Thursday, September 18th – "Mexicali"
Friday, September 19th – "World of Flavor"
Saturday, September 20th – PANAMA CANAL TRANSIT – "Panama"
Sunday, September 21st – Port: Cartagena – PIRATE NIGHT – "Pirates"
Monday, September 22nd – "Prince & Princess"
Tuesday, September 23rd – FORMAL NIGHT – "Captain's Gala"
Wednesday, September 24th – Port: Cozumel – "Master Chef"
Thursday, September 25th – Show: "Till We Meet Again"

There are no "semi-formal" nights. For all evenings other than the three indicated, dinner dress will be cruise casual.

In terms of shows, there will be several nights without the Disney/Broadway-type shows. They normally bring in outside acts, typically comedians, magicians, hypnotists, tribute bands, or something else. At this point, I don't know what these outside acts will be.

** I'm not 100% sure about the time zone changes, but this is when they happened last year on the EBPC!

Hope this helps! :flower3:

See You Real Soon!
Richard

Thanks for this info. So happy to see that they are still doing the Golden Mickeys, as I really want Mom to see this show. Now I know when to book my up do. Just got my dress back from the seamstress and it looks amazing on me. Wondering if I should get a spray on tan or just stay my pale natural self.

Just a thought: How about we create our own event night? On the "Prince & Princess" night, why don't we all do our best to look royal?

Tiaras (and crowns) all 'round!

Pickin up tiaras for us this weekend.

The Meet & Greet is open to everyone on the DISBoard group, no invite needed. I believe it's currently scheduled for the first sea day (Saturday, Sept. 13th) in the Promenade Lounge. kdeans1010 is the organizer for this event. Stay posted (as it were) for final details, closer to the date. Richard

Need to know what time it's going to be Kim, so I know when to book my hair appointment.

This will be our first cruise as gold members also.

Maybe one day I too will be golden, but for now I'm silver :wizard:

Just how formal are the FORMAL nights?
My husband spends so time in suits, he says NO SUITS on vacation. We passed on the formal nights for the other cruises but I don't want to miss ANYTHING on this one.

Hmm - will there be any "villains" for the character signings? (maybe Maleficent??) I was thinking of doing coffee mugs - one of the princesses and one of villains. :stitch2:

My husband spends so time in suits, he says NO SUITS on vacation. We passed on the formal nights for the other cruises but I don't want to miss ANYTHING on this one.

Formal night varies a lot. You will see people in evening gowns and tuxes at one table. At another table you will see people in jeans. I agree with your husband. I pack a couple nice button up shirts and a pair of slacks. If I really want to dress up I will put on a Disney tie.

As formal as you like – or not. Some folks dress to the 9 1/2's (ball gowns, long gloves, pearl necklaces – and that's just the guys!), some wear a business suit, some strange few wear kilts (that'd be me), some come comfortable. You do what you want – the cruise is to be enjoyed, so do whatever helps you enjoy yourself!

As for villains, I'm pretty sure they'll be around. Cap'n Hook almost always appears, and I'd bet on Cruella as well. Keep your eyes open –*on these longer cruises, with fewer kids, you're going to get a lot of chances to see a lot of characters. And some of them will be Disney characters! ;)

Richard

Just how formal are the FORMAL nights? My husband spends so time in suits, he says NO SUITS on vacation. We passed on the formal nights for the other cruises but I don't want to miss ANYTHING on this one.
. Oh my hubby too! Told him it wasn't a choice! Lol, we will see how wears the pants in our family. :)

:welcome::welcome:I have to ask...why do you call yourselves kiwi's?

Are we all invited to the wedding? :hyper::bride:pixiedust:

See above question to Tim :lovestruc

Screw em if they don't love you for who you are. People shouldn't judge other people. Only the Almighty has that privilege.

Why? Is there a limit to the number you can have on a thread? :confused3

Thanks for this info. So happy to see that they are still doing the Golden Mickeys, as I really want Mom to see this show. Now I know when to book my up do. Just got my dress back from the seamstress and it looks amazing on me. Wondering if I should get a spray on tan or just stay my pale natural self.

Pickin up tiaras for us this weekend.

Need to know what time it's going to be Kim, so I know when to book my hair appointment.

Maybe one day I too will be golden, but for now I'm silver :wizard:
i believe it is 250

:welcome::welcome: :welcome::welcome:I have to ask...why do you call yourselves kiwi's? Are we all invited to the wedding? :hyper::bride:pixiedust: :welcome::welcome: See above question to Tim :lovestruc Screw em if they don't love you for who you are. People shouldn't judge other people. Only the Almighty has that privilege. Why? Is there a limit to the number you can have on a thread? :confused3 Thanks for this info. So happy to see that they are still doing the Golden Mickeys, as I really want Mom to see this show. Now I know when to book my up do. Just got my dress back from the seamstress and it looks amazing on me. Wondering if I should get a spray on tan or just stay my pale natural self. Pickin up tiaras for us this weekend. Need to know what time it's going to be Kim, so I know when to book my hair appointment. Maybe one day I too will be golden, but for now I'm silver :wizard:

Susan,
You will have to check with the bride on that one, as a mere male I would never ever make a decision on behalf of a bride re her wedding, lol! :-)

As to why we call ourselves Kiwi's, our national bird is the flightless Kiwi bird, a brown coloured bird that is very plucky, unique and fiercely territorial, a bit like the human inhabitants! Lol

Tim

The Meet & Greet is open to everyone on the DISBoard group, no invite needed. I believe it's currently scheduled for the first sea day (Saturday, Sept. 13th) in the Promenade Lounge. kdeans1010 is the organizer for this event. Stay posted (as it were) for final details, closer to the date.

Where in north Jersey are you from? I grew up in Palisades, NY, just over the border, near the Hudson, in Rockland County.

See You Real Soon!
Richard

Thanks Richard. We are from Totowa, next to Wayne and Paterson, I grew up in Sloatsburg NY.

I'm soooooo excited! In 48 days I will be on leave!!! I start leave on the 10th of September and was going back to work on the 29th, but then we found out my son will be commissioned on the 1st of October, and it would be kind of SILLY to go back for two days only to take off another day….so I extended my leave until the 2nd!! YES! I will be on leave for THREE WEEKS and ONE DAY! I have NEVER taken this much time off at one time! I'm sooooo excited! :yay::yay::yay::yay:
Reading your post got me super excited. I was like "and it's coming so close!" I'm getting kinda' nervous!

My dad lived in suit (then he got a job as the neighborhood pharmacist and is in khakis all the time). He didn't want to pack a suit for our first cruise. So he packed a pair of dress slacks, a button up shirt, a tie, and a blazer/sports coat. I think he packed 2 ties and a pair of khakis. He looked good for formal night. For semi-formal he wore a different tie, khakis, and the button up shirt. So you don't need to go all fancy.

Formal nights I'm packing I'm packing my gold sequin cocktail dress (goes to my knees very easy) and my bridesmaids dress (mint green. It's an infinity dress, so I could play with it). I'm packing those platform heels that are popular and comfy. I think for Princess night I'm wearing my red/white polka dot dress that I got on the last cruise.

That is GREAT!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 This will be our first 3 week vacation as well. Hopefully not the last!!! And, our first as GOLD status members!!!

Just wanted to let y'all know, we will be absent for the next few days. Heading over to WDW later this afternoon to celebrate Donna's birthday. Going to ride the 7 Dwarf's Mine Train Ride tomorrow, already got the fast pass set for it. Probably ride it a gazillion times!!! See y'all in a few days!!:thumbsup2

Hi - I have recently (in the last week or so, and again today for those I have NOT heard from yet) sent an e-mail asking you to 1) confirm your info on the FE list and 2) give you a link to the list. As of this morning, I have NOT heard from the following people:

gregs4414
CooperFamily
davidshiz

If you have responded to me and I've somehow missed it, I apologize - please send me an e-mail once more so that I can mark you as confirmed.

If you have NOT responded by the cutoff date (in one week) I will have to remove you from the FE list. I know that sounds harsh, but with work and other things, I don't have time to chase you down individually to make sure you confirm with me. PLEASE somehow let me know that you are still participating and that you have access (or not) to the FE list posted on Google Drive.................either thru a PM here or on FB, or via e-mail (my e-mail is posted on post one) - thanks!

ALSO - if you are listed as GTY, I need to get your room number from you as soon as you receive it - there is one person on the above list who has listed their cabin number with a ? by it and I would appreciate knowing if that is the correct number or not! Thanks again!

Beverly

I'm about to go on the road, back early next week, at which point I'll finalize the numbers for wristbands. These are stretchy, silicon wristbands, in glow-in-the-dark white with green lettering that says:

"Disney Wonder EBPC 2014 – Cruisin' thru Panama"

I'm financing this personally, but will ask people for donations to help defray the cost when they pick up their wristbands at the Meet N Greet. Paper money only; no coins! ($1, $5, $10, etc.) I don't want to wind up with a bunch of coins I have to carry around, but can't use on the cruise. If I happen to wind up with a surplus, I'll give it to guest services for a CM group that does not receive tips for their next party. I won't make a profit either way.

I'm planning to have one wristband for:

• Everyone on the facebook group, plus the people in their parties, and
• The people on this thread who have asked to be included, and told me how many people are in their parties.

Hence, if there are four people in your family, but you're the only person from your family in the facebook group, then I have you down for 4 wristbands, based on Padalyn / Cayla's Excel spreadsheet.

If I've missed anyone who has posted on this thread, and is not on the fb group, please let me know. If you are on the facebook Excel spreadsheet, I've got you. Please don't post or msg me about this.

I won't be able to respond until next week, but I'll catch up then.

Please don't ask for more wristbands than the number of people in your party. We're very close to 300 already, and the wristbands come in multiples of 100. I'd really rather not to have to order another 100 because someone wanted to sneak 2 extras! FYI, the per-unit cost, with shipping, works out to about 44¢ apiece.

Here's the list of DISBoards families I have so far. Please post corrections or additions on this thread:

timbonz 6
Lounbill 5
mesta 4
Shelljay 4
swkkusw 4
Thekoeppens 4
Carys 3
Jsingh1812 – 3
ozzielee 3
pooh & tinker 3
evil queen 2 – 3
CrockettTraveler 2
CruzOle 2
lalaric 2
lynandandy 2
pepperpike 2
tellenrn 2
Thnlk 2
MarjoryM 2
leanndab 1
Susan Bee 1
AuntLesa 1

Last call!

:hourglass

Thanks,
Richard

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter