Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Correction on not having been on cruise. I for got about a four night cruise to Mexico. Same ports of call as first two no this cruise. It was with Carnival and we didn't like it.

You made it to 10! :woohoo:

We went on a Carnival cruise, our very first cruise, a very long time ago, 1994. I'd like to try it again to see what it is like now.

I just got some information about what's happening on which nights. Note that this is all preliminary, and may change before we depart – or even after we depart – from San Diego. Friday, September 12th – "Let The Magic Begin" Saturday, September 13th – Formal Night – "Golden Mickey's" Wednesday, September 17th – "Taste of California" Thursday, September 18th – "Mexicali" Friday, September 19th –" World of Flavor" Saturday, September 20th – "Panama" Sunday, September 21st – Pirate Night – "Pirates" Monday, September 22nd – "Prince & Princess" Tuesday, September 23rd – Formal Night – "Captain's Gala" Wednesday, September 24th – "Master Chef" Thursday, September 25th – "Till We Meet Again" There are no "semi-formal" nights. For all evenings other than the three indicated, dinner dress will be cruise casual. In terms of shows, there will be several nights without the Disney/Broadway-type shows. They normally bring in outside acts, typically comedians, magicians, hypnotists, tribute bands, or something else. At this point, I don't know what these outside acts will be. Hope this helps! :flower3: See You Real Soon! Richard

Thank you so much Richard

Just a thought: How about we create our own event night? On the "Prince & Princess" night, why don't we all do our best to look royal?

Tiaras (and crowns) all 'round!

Hope Donna has a great birthday! Sounds like you have a fun plan in place! I won't be working this Friday but will on Saturday so hope to meet you both if you are able to stop by. (I start at 3:30 pm) Her birthday button is waiting! :-)

Just saw your post Anne. I was going to PM you to tell you we wouldn't be at Downtown Disney until around 4 or so in the afternoon, we will definitely be there. This works out really nice. I will be sure to ask a CM for you if you are in the back area. That is very nice of you to make that birthday button for her. She will be surprised. See you Saturday afternoon. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the idea about putting in a picture of the characters. :thumbsup2 I never thought about that.

I posted this picture a good while back of an Animator's Palate plate we bought at the Disney Store online. I don't think they sell them there any longer, but they may sell them on board the ship - not sure. We took the plate and a red and black permanent markers for all of the characters and Princesses to sign. It was our Christmas cruise in 2012 on the Fantasy. I also gave a big Christmas bag of all kinds of chocolate as a gift to the characters for signing the plate for us. It makes for a GREAT souvenir.

You made it to 10! :woohoo:

We went on a Carnival cruise, our very first cruise, a very long time ago, 1994. I'd like to try it again to see what it is like now.

We did a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in 2012 on Carnival. We had a good time it just wasn't Disney.

I just updated the first post with a list of everyone who has signed up to participate in the Palo Group Brunch and also the FE list - hopefully this will let everyone know who/how many we've got participating. I know Padalyn has told me they want to participate in both/all FE groups if/when the groups split (I do forsee that happening as there is still a lot of time before our cruise and we've already got quite a few participating).... I have noted that on the list too, so if there is anyone else out there, let me know!

Is there any space for the brunch? We would love to be included

I posted this picture a good while back of an Animator's Palate plate we bought at the Disney Store online. I don't think they sell them there any longer, but they may sell them on board the ship - not sure. We took the plate and a red and black permanent markers for all of the characters and Princesses to sign. It was our Christmas cruise in 2012 on the Fantasy. I also gave a big Christmas bag of all kinds of chocolate as a gift to the characters for signing the plate for us. It makes for a GREAT souvenir. http://s252.photobucket.com/user/sdavidl47/media/IMG_0344_zps7caae6e7.jpg.html

I love this idea

Not sure if we are signed on the meet and greet yet, but we would like to be included. Thanks

The Meet & Greet is open to everyone on the DISBoard group, no invite needed. I believe it's currently scheduled for the first sea day (Saturday, Sept. 13th) in the Promenade Lounge. kdeans1010 is the organizer for this event. Stay posted (as it were) for final details, closer to the date.

Where in north Jersey are you from? I grew up in Palisades, NY, just over the border, near the Hudson, in Rockland County.

See You Real Soon!
Richard

This will be our 5th cruise but first with Disney. The Alaskan Inside Passage and Hawaii were the big ones with couple of short ones to Mexico. I really like the open dining we had for Alaska. We got to meet new people every night or have a private table. I can see that might be difficult for Disney as some restaurants might be more popular.
:wave2:

The Meet & Greet is open to everyone on the DISBoard group, no invite needed. I believe it's currently scheduled for the first sea day (Saturday, Sept. 13th) in the Promenade Lounge. kdeans1010 is the organizer for this event. Stay posted (as it were) for final details, closer to the date.

Where in north Jersey are you from? I grew up in Palisades, NY, just over the border, near the Hudson, in Rockland County.

See You Real Soon!
Richard
Thanks for mentioning this meet up. I hadn't heard about it yet and I know my husband was looking forward to possibly meeting others in the group. :-)

Robin"D";51900125 said:
Same here.....

are we going to be notified in our cabin or before the trip? :confused3

Robin & Angel "D"....:thumbsup2
futurist should be posting a note on the board to you. He was pretty quick getting back to me.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter