Wonder Spring Break FE

Suger Mag

MamaBear
Closed to New Participants 2/1/2014

Fish Extender Exchange for the March 16th Wonder Western Caribbean Cruise!

For those who are new to this idea, a Fish Extender (FE) itself is a pocket panel/bag you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. Families that join the FE group hang their Fish Extender outside their cabin and then, as the cruise is underway, participants deliver little gifts to the others participating in the group by leaving them as a surprise in the fish extender pockets.... Sweet!! Who doesn't love presents!! It's a ton of fun, and not just for kids.

As far as the gifts... you can either give a larger general gift to each cabin, or smaller individual gifts to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. It is the thought that counts. There are no hardcore rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Gifts can be homemade or store-bought, Disney, non-Disney, totally up to you! The point is to have fun and share some magic.

Here are a couple of nice threads on the subject:

Fish Extenders:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Homemade FE Gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

I will start a 'Master List' in the second post where I will keep track of the sign-ups with links to a Google spreadsheet. If you want to join, just post the following information on this thread.

For each FE to be hung:

Cabin ## (if you know it, it can be updated later)
Names of all participants including ages and genders of children
Any Allergies or Concerns
Any Celebrations

As we are just starting off, If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post!! I can't wait to see our group grow! ::MinnieMo

-Stephanie

FE Master List

Google Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At14o13hlOoMdHdiSllxQ0dlT1d3cE9ERVdIdERUbEE&usp=sharing

1. Cabin: 6154
Stephanie (SugerMag), Thelma, Charis (F12)
No Allergies

2. Cabin: 7054
Jolie (JojoMo), Chris, Drew (M11) and Olivia (F9)
No allergies

3. Cabin: 2021
Fran (fbob), Dan, and Meredith (F12)
No allergies

4. Cabin: 7598
Jason, Kelly (Kreitz), Gracelyn (F8), and Brystol (F1)
No Allergies
Celebrating Birthdays and a Wedding Anniversary
)

5. Cabin 7608
Dave and Cathy (starcathy) Lewis
No Allergies

6. Cabin 7606
Andy and Aimee Swanson, Sam (M8)
No Allergies

7. Cabin 7604
Gary and Ginee Venezia, Gabby (F10), Sophie (F8) and Jack (6)
No Allergies

8. Cabin: 7634
Kathleen and Chelsea (3eyedelephant) (F20).
No allergies.

9. Cabin #6634
Diana (Monday'sCHild), Mike, Naomi (F6 )
No allergies

10. Cabin 6648
Rob and Gayle Reitz

11. cabin #8594
Alex and Danielle Biggs, Scotty (M14), Megan (F7), Thomas (M4)

12. Cabin #7537
James (EthanClara), Jenny, Ethan (M8), Clara (F4)
No allergy

13. Cabin 6105
Tony, Flossie, Kiana (F3), Kaylie (F1)
No allergies.

14. Cabin # 8090
Nick, Anna, Claire (F7), Audra (F5), Ben(M1)
No Allergies

15. Cabin 7538
Mark and Beverly Gordon , Seth (M21)
No Allergies

16. Cabin #7572
Lenette (Noakfamily), Dave, Chad (M23, our son with Down Syndrome, turning 24 on the cruise....big birthday celebration!)
no allergies

Hooray!! So excited for the FE, thanks for organizing this. :)

Cabin: 2019
Attendees: Jacquie (myself) Daniel (DH)
Allergies: none
Celebrating: 6th Wedding Anniversary

Thanks!!:wizard:

Yes! Thank you for organizing the FE! We are new to DCL and are excited for the adventure.

Cabin 7054
Me (Jolie), Chris (DH), Drew (11) and Olivia (9)
No allergies
We will be celebrating the warm weather getaway.:ccat:

Yes! Thank you for organizing the FE! We are new to DCL and are excited for the adventure.

Cabin 7054
Me (Jolie), Chris (DH), Drew (11) and Olivia (9)
No allergies
We will be celebrating the warm weather getaway.:ccat:

Wonderful, welcome to the fun and the cruise!!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:

Have a great cruise!

Thank you for organizing this. We did fish extender gifts two years ago and my dd had a blast with it!
Cabin: 2021
Fran (fbob) , Dan (dh) , and Meredith dd (12)
No allergies

Thank you for organizing this. We did fish extender gifts two years ago and my dd had a blast with it!
No allergies

Wonderful, so glad to have you and your family join the FE... I also have a 12 year old DD cruising in March as well.

No allergies

fbob, you are in the cabin next to ours. :wave2: We sailed on Deck 2, on the Dream, and loved it. :)

My daughter will be so happy to have someone her age!

@jacquieone.. I did notice that we will be neighbors! Fun! Can't wait! :yay:

That is too funny, that on such a big ship, you two FE members are next to eachother :rotfl:

I am also getting excited for this cruise. This is a much shorter time frame (less than 1 year) than the time between my first( 2008) and my second (July 2013), so I am still happy from the last time and our cruise is getting closer... I even started putting clothes aside.... now I am not usually THAT psycho of a packer, but it is getting much colder in New England now and I am putting away the summer and bringing out the winter clothes and I don't want to hunt for things later (so she says wink wink).

@Fran my daughter is also very happy also to have someone her own age in the FE. On the July cruise, there was no one we met prior in the FE her age and she ended up totally ignoring the kids clubs in favor of hanging with her older brother (18). I am lucky, they have a tight relationship in general, but I think she was worried about him leaving for college, because she was stuck to him like glue. But this time she is with just Mom and Grandma... so I expect far more of an interest in the clubs.

-Stephanie

Please remove us from the FE. Unfortunately, we are canceling thus cruise. Have a great time!!!! :goodvibes
-Jacquie

Hey everyone! My family and I are going on this, our first Disney cruise. I am new to DCL and new the DISboards as well. So I apologize if I am not putting things where they need to be, etc. Any pointers would be great. My family and I would love to be part of the FE exchange. We are in room 7598. Jason (husband) Kelly (me), Gracelyn (8 yrs) and Brystol (1 yr). Can anyone direct me to a good first time cruisers thread? Also, does anyone have a daughter that is around 8 years old? Grace is super excited to meet other kids on the cruise. Thanks in advance!princess:

Welcome to the FE!! Are there any allergies that folks should be aware of? There is one other girl in the exchange your daughter's age. If you look at the second post in this thread it has the info for the all the current participants.

If anyone is interested, I have started a FaceBook group page for this cruise. It is not public and is only open to members so if you would like to join please message me on FB (Stephanie Moeckel Cole) and I will invite you. Once you are a member, you can then invite whomever you want to the group. If you are already on FB, then it is an easier and more dynamic media to share "cruise excitement" with others than the dear DISboards. -S

Welcome to the FE!! Are there any allergies that folks should be aware of? There is one other girl in the exchange your daughter's age. If you look at the second post in this thread it has the info for the all the current participants.

Thanks Suger Mag. No allergies here. And thanks for pointing that out. Grace will be very happy. I tried accessing the Google doc but wasn't able to for some reason. No worries! Super excited everyone!:yay:

If anyone is interested, I have started a FaceBook group page for this cruise. It is not public and is only open to members so if you would like to join please message me on FB (Stephanie Moeckel Cole) and I will invite you. Once you are a member, you can then invite whomever you want to the group. If you are already on FB, then it is an easier and more dynamic media to share "cruise excitement" with others than the dear DISboards. -S

Request sent on FB...in case you were wondering who was sending random friend requests! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter