• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder - Galveston-Bahamas Navigators

Thanks for posting these. I'll be on the same cruise in 3 weeks. Tell me about the entertainment. I've seen Michael Harrison and Max Winfrey, and I've enjoyed both. Tell me about the other 2 guys. Did you enjoy their acts?

I have to be honest. We didn't see any of them!! I had promised my DH that this time it was going to be a go-with-the-flow vacation and so the time just never really fit. We heard good things about Magic Dave but didn't see him in person.

And another thank you! Glad to see a couple of "singles" functions --didn't know that DCL did those (altho I expect not very many folks will be there). And also glad to see lots of different Trivia opps.

The trivia was a lot of fun. This time was the first time we have done them and we had a great time. We did the adult only ones but that's only because we are so hopeless the kids would have embarrassed us!! LOL.

I noticed there wasn't a Seafood buffet listed. Do they still have it? THANKS! Did you send anything at the Post Office in Castway Cay? How did it work?

We have mailed a postcard from Castaway. The post office is cash only. It took our postcard 2 months to arrive. I have heard others say theirs took longer than that.

I noticed there wasn't a Seafood buffet listed. Do they still have it? THANKS! Did you send anything at the Post Office in Castway Cay? How did it work?

Yes, there was a seafood buffet on the last at sea day in BBB. At CC you have to have cash to pay for your postage and it takes a LOOOOONGGG time to get there! :rotfl: Also the post office closes at 2 pm, so be sure to get there before then.

It was a FANTASTIC trip! In fine Disney fashion, everything moved along beautifully! The port may not have the "trappings" of Port Canaveral, but the lines move quickly, and the faces are just as friendly! The comedians/magicians were hilarious (saw them at the WD Theatre). Love how they always bring the kids into what they are doing!

We mailed from Key West. We had mailed from CC previously, and it took 4 months for the postcards to arrive!

I would love to know what the "passenger capacity" was on this sailing! It was no where NEAR full!

Everyone have fun on your upcoming cruises!

Thanks so much for the navigators.

I have a couple questions about the embarkation/debarkation process.

1. Can you check your kids into the clubs in the port or do you have to do that on the ship? What were the lines like?
2. What was the earliest time you could get into the port? I am scheduled for an 11 a.m. arrival time for our cruise in December and was wondering if I should try for an upgrade.
3. For the debarkation did you have to wait for your luggage tag to be called before you could leave the ship or was it setup where you could just walk off when you were finished with breakfast and customs had cleared the ship?
(the reason I ask is we had a horrible debark experience on the Wonder in L.A. because we didn't know we would be the last getting off after having an early breakfast time). I would like to plan ahead and have activities for our kids or something to do if we'll be last.
4. If the luggage tags needed to be called in order to get off the ship does anyone know the order they were called?

It was a FANTASTIC trip! In fine Disney fashion, everything moved along beautifully! The port may not have the "trappings" of Port Canaveral, but the lines move quickly, and the faces are just as friendly! The comedians/magicians were hilarious (saw them at the WD Theatre). Love how they always bring the kids into what they are doing!

We mailed from Key West. We had mailed from CC previously, and it took 4 months for the postcards to arrive!

I would love to know what the "passenger capacity" was on this sailing! It was no where NEAR full!

Everyone have fun on your upcoming cruises!

We were told several times that our sailing was almost full. I agree it didn't feel like it. :upsidedow

Thanks so much for the navigators.

I have a couple questions about the embarkation/debarkation process.

1. Can you check your kids into the clubs in the port or do you have to do that on the ship? What were the lines like?
2. What was the earliest time you could get into the port? I am scheduled for an 11 a.m. arrival time for our cruise in December and was wondering if I should try for an upgrade.
3. For the debarkation did you have to wait for your luggage tag to be called before you could leave the ship or was it setup where you could just walk off when you were finished with breakfast and customs had cleared the ship?
(the reason I ask is we had a horrible debark experience on the Wonder in L.A. because we didn't know we would be the last getting off after having an early breakfast time). I would like to plan ahead and have activities for our kids or something to do if we'll be last.
4. If the luggage tags needed to be called in order to get off the ship does anyone know the order they were called?

1. Can you check your kids into the clubs in the port or do you have to do that on the ship? What were the lines like? Yes, you can check your kids in at the terminal. The kids club check in is to your right once you have cleared security. The check in is behind a wall, so I couldn't tell you what the lines looked like, hopefully someone that had kids on this sailing can help you.
2. What was the earliest time you could get into the port? I am scheduled for an 11 a.m. arrival time for our cruise in December and was wondering if I should try for an upgrade. I think you can begin arriving at about 10:30 am, but really it all depends on how the debarkation has gone for the people just getting back as they won't start letting you drop bags etc if the prior cruise hasn't cleared customs. We have arrived right at 11 am before and there were quite a few people in the terminal already.
(the reason I ask is we had a horrible debark experience on the Wonder in L.A. because we didn't know we would be the last getting off after having an early breakfast time). I would like to plan ahead and have activities for our kids or something to do if we'll be last. If you keep your luggage with you in your stateroom then you can do Express Walkoff and you don't have to wait for a luggage tag color to be called. If you are going to have breakfast on your dining rotation then you have to wait for your luggage tag color to be called. I think once they start calling luggage though, it goes fairly quickly.
4. If the luggage tags needed to be called in order to get off the ship does anyone know the order they were called? I don't know the answer to that. I know that White, Grey and Pink were the first colors to be called on this past sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter