WONDER FOOD not so Wonderful

fred ferdlap

Mouseketeer
Just off the WONDER 11/01 OUR SECOND TIME.
First of all I had a really great time and am planning my next 7 day adventure which I booked on board.

A couple of us here at work happened to be on the same voyage and were comparing notes.

What do people think of the food on the ship?

Parrot Cay is 1 step above denny's basically edible food. The Ribeye was what you would expect at Denny's and the shrimp was probably frozen.

PALOS #1 (why can't all the food be this good?)

PLUTO's/Burgers/ Chicken Strips were tops!

Tritons: AVERAGE

Animators: Average

WRAPs in scoops were old

Pizza was not fresh

I thought the food was better last December.

Hi,

Sorry, but me and my waistline will have to disagree with you. I have been on two cruises on both ships and have gained 10 pounds from their food everytime I go! <BG> I have even tried new foods like Salmon and stuff that normally I wouldn't eat and loved it all! I especially enjoy the room service for a late night snack after dancing at the clubs. I more than pay for the crusie with the food I eat and I enjoy dinning at the different nicer restaurants that DCL offers.

Hope you enjoy the food more next time...Mmketeer

I thought the food on the 10/14 Wonder cruise was good to excellent! Much better than it had been in the past and even better than some of the Magic cruises. The buffets were much improved as well. I didn't use the fast food places so can't comment on those.

Just a matter of personal taste, I guess!

I would agree that the food was not wonderful. This was the case in the dining rooms only. Room service, fast service on deck were good. This was our 10 cruise, first on Disney. I really expected more. We will try a 7 day in the future, maybe the food will be magic-ly improved!

Gee, my dh and ds & her dh did "hunny"moon cruise on Oct 14 & we were very impressed with the food. Maybe it just depended on what you ordered - I agree that the food @Parrot Cay was the least impressive (I had the steak too) but really, overall, the food was great (maybe it also helped that I didn't have to cook or clean up one thing ;) and, I gained a pound or two too:eek:
Palos was the best tho:)

"hunny"moon cruise 4-day Wonder October 14
can't wait for Disney 7-day Western Caribbean cruise 10/12/02:sunny: :sunny: :cool:

Parrot Cay is definitely my least favorite, but I like the food in Triton's (escargot, duck) and Animators Palate (maple-glazed salmon, duck & goat cheese appetizer) very much. The food on DCL has improved greatly since we first cruised with them in Sept. 1998, although it also seems to have been "toned down" to be more meat & potatoes than it used to be. But we always enjoy it, and it goes without saying that Palo is superb. I think they must import the chocolate souffle straight from Heaven. I have all the menus on my website at www.castawayclub.com if anyone wants to see the offerings.
Barb

I just got off the 11/01 Wonder too.

I thought the sea bass at Triton's was wonderful. I had the salmon at Animator's Palate and that was quite good also. At Parrot Cay I had the roasted chicken which was good, but probably my least favorite of the three.

The pizza on the first day was awful. DH said it was a lot better later in the cruise. I don't know how or why, but he said it was better.

It's all a matter of personal taste.

Buffet were much better that last year. But I still can't get over how good the food can be in PALOS and how basically lousy the food can be in parrot. I guess it's the mass service of food compared to the individual preparation in PALOS. But a steaK to me is a thick steak not some thin Denny's style meat.

You can actually reserve multiple nights in PALOS. I just asked when I was at the counter in waves. (we had to cancel due to childcare) Also the last three day cruise we did eat there twice. Many people cancel, we just called and were invited in.

That's what I call good food. Duck, Filet's and Scallops!

Barb (atigeg)
I DO believe that Palos get the chocolate souffle straight from heaven :)
I just wanted to take a second to THANK YOU for all the great info you provided on your website!! :cool: I read and reread all you have there and with your info and other's info we absolutely had a better cruise!! So, again, THANKS :)

Just back from the 10/21 Wonder. It was out first cruise and we tried all restaurants. Parrot Cay was the least impressive. Don't order the seafood dish, they use frozen seafood and the bad cooking doesn't help it either.

Palo is the best and Triton's is very good.

We have been on the Wonder twice so far.
Each time the food was wonderful!!! My family is pretty picky, and we were impressed. I guess you just got them on a bad day.

We just got off the 11-1 Wonder as well and it was really was WONDER-ful. The escargot and duck and goat cheese appetizers were incredible. I keep wishing I was onboard. We thought the food was absolutely excellent. And our party consisted of a chef and 2 very experienced cooks...I just like the eating part. Not to mention 2 little girls under 4! We also booked for next year..only 12 months to go! YAY

Food wasn't fantastic, but it was quite good at times. Really enjoyed the Cuban fried veggie appetizer @ Parrot, and the Sea bass @ Triton's was melt-in-your mouth yummie! Didn't get to have dessert @ Triton's on the first nite (Nov-1st) cuz the kids both got sick due to the rough water and I didn't want to eat it alone at the table! Did room service on Saturday morn, and they totally blew the order, no one got the right stuff. Think maybe they dropped it off at the wrong door or something??

We were on the Wonder for 3 days last November. The food was ok. Definitely not spectacular but for the most part was edible. We eat out 4-5 times (or more) per week, so we may be pickier than most LOL.

We weren't very impressed with the food either on the 4 day Wonder (1/6-10). It was never hot no matter where we ate (except for Pluto's and Palo's). I think Triton's was the worst on our trip. Of course it was just our luck that Triton's was where we ate first so we were supposed to eat there again on the last night and then again for breakfast. We ate at Palo's the last night instead. That was awesome and delicious, especially the chocolate souflette. Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay were ok, but better than Triton's.

I'm on the Wonder as we speak and have had 3 meals so far.... I'm gonna gain a lot of weight in these three days cause boy everything tastes really good to me! Then again... someone else is planning it, preparing it and cleaning up after the meal- what's not to like???:D

I was on the Magic in December and thought the dining room food was pretty bad. We actually left the dining room hungry at times. Even the Mickey waffles for breakfast were soggy!
Food on deck was pretty good and Palos was excellent!

Good Grief, everyone!! I will just be glad it's not Mickey D's drivethrough or something "I" had to cook!!!! ( Would you like some cheese to go with your "Whine"?)

DH and I were on the Magic in December and thought the food was outstanding. Everything was well prepared with fresh ingredients - even the veggies were steamed just right.

We sailed with a large family group and I was afraid that one DB would find the food not to his liking - he is a gourmet cook, reads gourmet magazines and eats in restaurants with more stars than I can count. He LOVED the food - thought it was great, and was impressed at how they could manage such perfect preparation with so many to serve. He admitted that he was prepared to find it not to his liking, but was very pleasantly surprised.

We have booked for next year and I am already making selections from the menus Barb has posted. Going to take a few more cruises to try eveything I want.

Suzanne:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter