Wolfgang Puck Cafe - terrible...

klledoux

Earning My Ears
Just a quick review, my only negative review throughout our 10 day trip to WDW. We were not on the DDP but chose to dine here one night while spending time at DTD. What a mistake. They ran out of both the wine and beer we requested, ran out of milk to boot for the kids. The food came out lukewarm at best and was seriously mediocre. The kids pasta and meatball was just fine, but again not even approaching warm. Our meals were the same. It seems like it had been sitting for some time. My son got chicken fingers and smiley fries which both looked like they came straight from the freezer.

I called the manager over, something I rarely do. He gave us 10% back but was incredibly arrogant about it.

Overall, I expected more from a WP establishment, we would have been better off going to one of the chain restaurants down the street!

It could have been an off night, but I thought I would share...

Was this at the Marketplace? We went in August and while the food was good, the service and atmosphere were severely lacking. I wanted to use our Landry Select card and the girls at the register made a big stink about not taking it at that location. I had looked it up before the trip and don't recall it saying that it was the Westside location only on the webiste. Anyway, that poor attitude from the get go just soured me on the place.

I have been disappointed in the Cafe. Even the Upstairs Dining Room lacked. I do think that the Express at the Marketplace is fairly decent for a counter service but I agree, there are many better table services at WDW.

Gorechick said:
Was this at the Marketplace? We went in August and while the food was good, the service and atmosphere were severely lacking. I wanted to use our Landry Select card and the girls at the register made a big stink about not taking it at that location. I had looked it up before the trip and don't recall it saying that it was the Westside location only on the webiste. Anyway, that poor attitude from the get go just soured me on the place.

When we were there on Saturday we had service issues as well. The cashier was so rude! They didn't have half the desserts listed on the menu. When I would ask for one the cashier would just say No! I was like um seriously?! The food was good but service terrible, even my kids picked up on it.

The OP is talking about the Wolfgang Puck Cafe (which has only one location), not the Wolfgang Puck Express (which has 2 locations, Marketplace and Westside.)

Puck lends his name to these places, but they are operated by the Levy restaurant group. Not Landry - they operate the Rainforest Cafe/TRex/Yak & Yeti.

Then I meant Levy card. I got both Levy and Landry so we could take advantage of perks as we paid OOP on our trip.

We've always had excellent food/service at the Express location at the marketplace. They even give us a 20% TIW discount never a problem.

We have never eaten at the Cafe though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter