• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOC Dining Package or Dessert Party?

You are all making this so hard! My intellect is telling me it is too expensive, but all of the consistently glowing reviews are making me second-guess myself.

I love dessert parties! I have done three different ones at Disney World and plan on doing WOC in November. All have been worth the price, especially knowing that I have a seat with no hassle. I look at it as my souvenir

I haven't done the WOC dessert party, but if money isn't a huge issue i'd say go for it. The one time i've watched WOC after walking around the parks all day, my feet, back, and legs were absolutely killing me. I was so stiff by the end of it (sandwiched in between a bunch of peoples pushy elbows), that I've never wanted to try and stand to watch it again. Thinking I may purchase tickets for the dessert party when we go in October (if i'm really wanting to watch the show).

I went back and forth on this very same question for the last couple of months. On the one hand, the dining packages are less expensive than the dessert party. On the other hand, the dining packages don't really save you much time since you still have to stand in line and you still have to stand up during the whole performance and after a long day at the parks...even if you've taken an afternoon break at your hotel...your poor feet are still going to be pretty tired.

So we decided to bite the bullet and try the dessert party. We're doing it on day 1 of our trip - Tuesday 5/30 - which is also a Grad Night. My 8 yr old YDD is going to hate all of the food that you get with the dessert party and I am definitely prepared to bring a separate treat just for her so she doesn't feel left out. I also know that it's way overpriced for the food that you get. But despite all that, we will probably enjoy ourselves a bit more sitting down than standing. I plan on eating having DH, ODD, & I eat the leftovers for breakfast the next day. :cake: Cake & treats for breakfast? Why yes, thank you!

We are doing the dessert party on May 14th. My wife runs the half marathon that day, it's also Mother's Day, we have young kids... so those are all good reasons for us to spend the extra. We don't make this trip too often so even if we regret the splurge, I'd rather regret doing it than regret not doing it.

I've been battling this question myself for months. My family is going June 1st-4th to Disneyland and we are taking my friend along as well. We both have birthdays in late May so this is a birthday trip for both of us. I wanted to give her a dining package for her birthday that we could do together (Keep in mind we are both turning 17). Do you think the dessert party would be worth it for us? I've heard each table sits 4 so we would most likely be sitting with another couple. Is this true? If so, do you think this could ruin the magic?

I've been battling this question myself for months. My family is going June 1st-4th to Disneyland and we are taking my friend along as well. We both have birthdays in late May so this is a birthday trip for both of us. I wanted to give her a dining package for her birthday that we could do together (Keep in mind we are both turning 17). Do you think the dessert party would be worth it for us? I've heard each table sits 4 so we would most likely be sitting with another couple. Is this true? If so, do you think this could ruin the magic?

I'm also leaning towards the dessert party. We will be a party of two as well. Wondering if we'll be sharing that bread basket....

I'm also leaning towards the dessert party. We will be a party of two as well. Wondering if we'll be sharing that bread basket....
I went once as a group of 2 and once as a group of 3. As 2, we were seated with another couple and it is very close quarters, yet we never talked to them and they never talked to us. Yes, you share the bread basket. They will bring you more bread if you want more. You can probably even ask for a separate bread basket if you tell the server you don't want to share.

I think it is worth it for the 17 year birthday. It is very nice to be waited on while you wait for the show to begin. It won't ruin the fun to sit with other people. You'll still have more space than if you watched from one of the standing areas. I recommend it. I did it on my birthday last month.

I went once as a group of 2 and once as a group of 3. As 2, we were seated with another couple and it is very close quarters, yet we never talked to them and they never talked to us. Yes, you share the bread basket. They will bring you more bread if you want more. You can probably even ask for a separate bread basket if you tell the server you don't want to share.

I think it is worth it for the 17 year birthday. It is very nice to be waited on while you wait for the show to begin. It won't ruin the fun to sit with other people. You'll still have more space than if you watched from one of the standing areas. I recommend it. I did it on my birthday last month.
I will add that being a party of 2 might also limit your choices on where to sit. If they have a party of 2 check in ahead of you, they might automatically "assign" you to complete that table instead of you choosing a table you like.

You are all making this so hard! My intellect is telling me it is too expensive, but all of the consistently glowing reviews are making me second-guess myself.

If it helps (or makes it more difficult), I am extremely frugal and have never done any extras, even a character meal, in all my trips to WDW, but I've decided that this is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip and it's worth the money to feel special and watch WOC from a seat while eating desserts that look delicious to me and sipping an adult beverage. If I could leave the teenagers back at the hotel, I would, but they might not like that. Hopefully it will be a special memory for them too. And if they don't like the treats, that's more in the to-go box for me. As my kids say, YOLO.

cruisehopeful quick question. When you were the party of 3, did you get your own table? I am going with my 2 kids, already bought the "tickets" and just wondering what will happen. Of course if there is a party of 1 they are welcome to sit with us, but just wondering. Also, which table did you request/get should we go with front high top or back high top? I read that the lower tables aren't as good. I have a short 9 year old, so trying to figure out what kind of table to ask for when we get there. Thank you for your time!

cruisehopeful quick question. When you were the party of 3, did you get your own table? I am going with my 2 kids, already bought the "tickets" and just wondering what will happen. Of course if there is a party of 1 they are welcome to sit with us, but just wondering. Also, which table did you request/get should we go with front high top or back high top? I read that the lower tables aren't as good. I have a short 9 year old, so trying to figure out what kind of table to ask for when we get there. Thank you for your time!

We did this in September with three of us and we were not seated with anyone else. We requested (and got) a high top behind a low top but in hindsight, I might have asked instead for a high top in the front row. We still had great views of WOC though!

Edited to add: we are not a tall family. I'm under 5 ft 2 and our 11 year old is not even 5 ft.

We did this in September with three of us and we were not seated with anyone else. We requested (and got) a high top behind a low top but in hindsight, I might have asked instead for a high top in the front row. We still had great views of WOC though!

Edited to add: we are not a tall family. I'm under 5 ft 2 and our 11 year old is not even 5 ft.

Great, thank you so much! OK will try for a high top in the front row then. If not that, then a high top behind a low top :) You rock, thanks for the reply. My daughter and I are 5'5 but my son is only just tall enough for California Scream this year (which he is excited to finally be tall enough for).

I did the dessert party with a party of three women last November, and we were seated with a single male who talked nonstop. I feel guilty complaining about it because he clearly had some issues and needed social interaction, but it was honestly pretty awful.

I did the dessert party with a party of three women last November, and we were seated with a single male who talked nonstop. I feel guilty complaining about it because he clearly had some issues and needed social interaction, but it was honestly pretty awful.
This is one of my fears. I'd be doing a party of two and my husband and I are pretty introverted. If another chatty couple got seated with us it'd honestly be a bit uncomfortable. It's already a hard sell with him on the price, I can't imagine if it was such a bad experience to boot!

Ugh Jolinda... I am sorry to hear that. I will put my kids in the front two seats together, just in case someone joins us... I can sit next to the stranger. LOL.

This is one of my fears. I'd be doing a party of two and my husband and I are pretty introverted. If another chatty couple got seated with us it'd honestly be a bit uncomfortable. It's already a hard sell with him on the price, I can't imagine if it was such a bad experience to boot!

If it's a couple you should be able to ignore them and make them talk to each other. It's harder with just one person.

Ugh Jolinda... I am sorry to hear that. I will put my kids in the front two seats together, just in case someone joins us... I can sit next to the stranger. LOL.

Yeah, I was the lucky one next to the guy...in hindsight we should have taken turns!

Not to steal this thread but in terms of the dining package, which restaurant would you suggest? I was originally leaning towards Ariel's Grotto but I've heard such glowing reviews about Carthay Circle. However, the cost for dinner there is a bit steep for me since I'm buying it for both of us and I won't have gotten paid any summer paychecks by the time we go. Is the lunch worth it or should I do dinner elsewhere? Or is the price tag for Carthay Circle dinner really worth it. Thanks so much! I just want this trip to go perfectly.

Not to steal this thread but in terms of the dining package, which restaurant would you suggest? I was originally leaning towards Ariel's Grotto but I've heard such glowing reviews about Carthay Circle. However, the cost for dinner there is a bit steep for me since I'm buying it for both of us and I won't have gotten paid any summer paychecks by the time we go. Is the lunch worth it or should I do dinner elsewhere? Or is the price tag for Carthay Circle dinner really worth it. Thanks so much! I just want this trip to go perfectly.

Check out the menus at all three of the restaurants and see which appeals to you the most! Personally, we prefer Carthay but have eaten at WCT a bunch of times and have enjoyed our meals there as well.

We have done both. First time, we did wine country trattoria WOC- great meal- I studied the map and knew where in the area I wanted to be and we got a spot on the rail. Loved that experience of being right up front. 2nd trip, we did the dessert party. It was a bit of an extravagance, but we enjoyed it. Kids loved the light up cup. The food was ok. Having a seat was nice and it was a no-stress situation. That being said, being up on the rail was a better overall experience. Can't go wrong with either- good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter