WOC Dining Package or Dessert Party?

Kanga1

DIS Veteran
This will be our first (and probably only) trip to DL. I am really looking forward to seeing the World of Color. Which would give us the best seats with the least inconvenience and stress...booking a WOC dinner package or the dessert party? Thanks!

If having an actual seat (meaning a real chair) is your goal, then your only choice is the Dessert Party. This probably is the least stressful way to see WOC right now, although it is a pricey option. The dining packages are also fun, but do require a longer wait for good viewing and don't provide seats. However, if you want to be up front and center, then viewing from the Preferred Dining area (WCT and Ariel's) is your best option. The Dessert Party viewing area is further back, so you will miss some of the details that are on the water. Both options are fun. It really depends on your priorities (seat or standing?), your budget, and the view you want (up close or big picture?). Have fun!

Which would give us the best seats with the least inconvenience and stress
Dessert Party. There are no seats for the dinner packages. With the Dessert Party, you just show up, give your name and they seat you and bring you food.

If we have the WOC dessert party, can one member of the group grab QS food from another location to bring to the table for the show?

If we have the WOC dessert party, can one member of the group grab QS food from another location to bring to the table for the show?
Yes, you can. You can either grab it beforehand, or once you are seated, someone can go purchase something from a CS location.

Unless someone has a firm yes for you, I would think the answer is no. I have been 3 times and never seen anyone do that. Its like bringing counter service into a sit down restaurant. It feels like it would be tacky to me even if it was allowed. You will have more than enough on your plates to get you through the show and the table space is very small.

ETA: LOL. Someone posted a firm yes before I got my post off.

You can definitely have a member of your party bring food to your table. It really isn't like eating something else at a regular restaurant because at a regular restaurant, you have to pay for what you order so bringing something else in means the restaurant loses revenue. At the Dessert Party, you've already paid up front, so they don't lose money when you bring other food in. Actually Disney makes money because you're buying food twice. Hey, maybe that's why they don't seem to care that a lot of people don't really care for the food at the dessert party! :goodvibes Actually this is true at most Disney dining locations; you can bring food from another Disney dining location.

The only thing about doing this is that there really is not much room at all on the table by the time they bring you all your food and drink. The tables are pretty small and you really have to squeeze everything in. So don't get anything big!

To answer the OP's original question, the Dessert Party is definitely the least stressful option. Your opinion of the view may differ depending on what you like. You can't see the water surface at the Dessert Party, but that didn't bother us at all. And it is the only place you can actually get a seat, other than one of the VIP packages (and even that seating is not as good as the Dessert Party seating IMO). The dining packages do not have seats.

Dessert party. HANDS DOWN, BEST way to see WOC in the most comfort with the least amount of stress. We did Carthay for dinner and then strolled over to our dessert party last trip- magical night (admittedly cocktails at Carthay and sparking wine at the party probably added some extra magic to this memory)! (Normally I wouldn't have combined Carthay + party but it's what our scheduled demanded for us so we went with it. No regrets actually. The party desserts were crap to be honest, but the seating and drink service made it worth every penny.) I would do this again in a heartbeat!

I would definitely do the dessert party if its in your budget. By far the least stress and best view way to see the show!

I have been going back and forth about this myself for our July trip, but I am having a hard time justifying the expense of the dessert party, and am leaning against it. I did the Wine Country dining package a few years ago and it was fine. I mean, let's face it -- waiting and standing are part of the Disney experience, and while it might be nice to have a reserved seat, is it really worth $80 a person? The view was great from the reserved area for the Wine Country package, and I don't remember a particularly long or egregious wait. I just remember enjoying the show.

We've done the WCT dining once, the CC dining twice and the dessert party once. By far our favourite was the dessert party!

I'd love to do the dessert party but we're traveling with a 3 year old who may crash and burn before WOC starts. We opted for the dining package and will gift the passes to someone if she can't hang.

If the cost is no problem then the dessert part by far.

If you decide on the dinner, I would recommend the Wine Country Trattoria restaurant for the location alone.
Just make sure if you get the dining option you get an early enough reservation so you can get to the viewing area a bit early as you will still need to try and get a spot against the railing for the best possible view.

ME

Unless someone has a firm yes for you, I would think the answer is no. I have been 3 times and never seen anyone do that. Its like bringing counter service into a sit down restaurant. It feels like it would be tacky to me even if it was allowed. You will have more than enough on your plates to get you through the show and the table space is very small.

ETA: LOL. Someone posted a firm yes before I got my post off.

My real concern is I don't think our two kids will eat much there, and if they're already sitting grabbing a hot dog or something for them would be ideal. Never thought it would be tacky, but I guess we should avoid.

My real concern is I don't think our two kids will eat much there, and if they're already sitting grabbing a hot dog or something for them would be ideal. Never thought it would be tacky, but I guess we should avoid.
I would not avoid it whatsoever. It's tacky to bring McDonald's in to a Chili's. Bringing a hot dog to the dessert party for your kid(s) is not.

I really like WOC and my daughter loves it but I hate the process of showing up early and then fighting to hold your spot. We actually haven't watched it for a few years because of this. We just went at the last minute to squeeze one more trip out of our passes. I decided to splurge and do the dessert party since we haven't seen WOC in forever and my 10 year old really likes it. I REALLY enjoyed having a seat & table. It was so nice to be able to sit and not fight for position. Is it horribly expensive? Yes, I think so, considering you can see the same show for free. For us, it was worth it tho. The money isn't an issue for us but I am a person who wants to get "value" out of the money I spend and zip did find the value in this experience.

I will say the dessert seating is pretty far back and I believe the best views are probably closer up but we still had a great view, we enjoyed the special drinks and the bread and cheese. The desserts were overly sweet but I just had a bite of each to try them anyway.
I would do it again. I'd definitely say it is the most stress-free way to see WOC but maybe not the BEST view, although still very good.

Dessert party for the ability to sit down. We had a fastpass for WOC, arrived early to get a spot, and oh boy was it miserable. 0/10 experience, would never do again. That show is about 5x longer than it needs to be and if you're standing for it after a day in the park, you will want to cry by the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter