• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOC Dining Package or Dessert Party?

We are WDW veterans and visiting DLR for the first time and purchased a WOC dessert package. Thanks for all the info.

I do have a question on what is needed to enter. Do you just provide your confirmation number at the podium? At WDW, we were given bands for special events but now with Magic Bands, that isn't even needed. How does it work for entering WOC dessert party, what is needed?

We are WDW veterans and visiting DLR for the first time and purchased a WOC dessert package. Thanks for all the info.

I do have a question on what is needed to enter. Do you just provide your confirmation number at the podium? At WDW, we were given bands for special events but now with Magic Bands, that isn't even needed. How does it work for entering WOC dessert party, what is needed?

You just need to give your name at the podium. I had a printout of our confirmation but it wasn't required. The CM just wanted our name.

I have to say I was very pleased with the Dessert Party tonight, especially their accommodation of allergies. I had a gluten free/dairy free plate, and my daughter had one without tree nuts. The server brought the allergy plates out first and went through everything with us, then brought us our own gluten free bread basket, followed by the plates (and bread basket) for the rest of the party.

My daughter is always wary of unfamiliar desserts because you never know what will have tree nuts in them, so she was very happy to know that she could try everything on her plate without having to worry about it.

For me, the plate was mostly fruit, with a chocolate covered strawberry and a dairy free/gluten free parfait (almost like a raspberry shortcake), plus the bread. It was great, and really all that I wanted to eat at the end of the day. No need for a half dozen cakes/cookies, even without the allergies.

The whole vibe was very classy and we felt well taken care of. The server kept checking in on us and offered to take our picture a couple of times. We each had our fill of drinks/coffee/hot chocolate/etc., and the luxury of being able to sit was really fabulous.

I have to say I was very pleased with the Dessert Party tonight, especially their accommodation of allergies. I had a gluten free/dairy free plate, and my daughter had one without tree nuts. The server brought the allergy plates out first and went through everything with us, then brought us our own gluten free bread basket, followed by the plates (and bread basket) for the rest of the party.

My daughter is always wary of unfamiliar desserts because you never know what will have tree nuts in them, so she was very happy to know that she could try everything on her plate without having to worry about it.

For me, the plate was mostly fruit, with a chocolate covered strawberry and a dairy free/gluten free parfait (almost like a raspberry shortcake), plus the bread. It was great, and really all that I wanted to eat at the end of the day. No need for a half dozen cakes/cookies, even without the allergies.

The whole vibe was very classy and we felt well taken care of. The server kept checking in on us and offered to take our picture a couple of times. We each had our fill of drinks/coffee/hot chocolate/etc., and the luxury of being able to sit was really fabulous.

that's great!! DD also has food allergies as well, and in the past even with our special requests made in advance she still developed minor reactions (puffy lips, rash around the mouth) a couple times on disney properties (cruise, aulani), so we were very pleased the dessert party chefs came through and all went well for our WOC experience a few weeks ago. glad to hear you experienced the same. :)

So I reserved the dessert party for August 6th. The time on the reservation says 8:15. Is that what time we are supposed to go line up?

We will see you there. :) We will not be in line too early.

My question: Has anyone requested milk to drink? I have a feeling my girls will want the blue drinks only for the fun of it -- they don't really like sweet drinks. I know water is an option, but is milk also?

We were there last Thursday, and had the dining package at the Trattoria. We finished up the park early, and didn't mind standing first in line for the show, getting perfect front center spots at the fence second from the front (the "might get wet section". It was worthwhile, though lunch for two was expensive, over $100 with tip (add one glass of wine and meatballs to the spaghetti). I got the better of the deal, with the salmon, and the panna cotta with real raspberry sauce.

The only problem with the show was the sound went out, causing a delay of several minutes while they fixed it. Plus we didn't bring jackets for the cool evening.

I wouldn't do it again at that price, but can still recommend it especially if your schedule allows you to get there early. It's still nice getting the center area, and it wasn't hugely crowded.

We will see you there. :) We will not be in line too early.

My question: Has anyone requested milk to drink? I have a feeling my girls will want the blue drinks only for the fun of it -- they don't really like sweet drinks. I know water is an option, but is milk also?
My son specifically requested chocolate milk, and they said no. The only thing you could get in the souvenir cup was a Shirley Temple, which no one liked! (They did like the cup though.) However, you can request a hot chocolate in addition to the kids' cup, so he sort of got his chocolate milk that way, after it had cooled a bit.

I know this thread is titled dining package or dessert party, but there is another option, if you're there when there's a second show. We were in the parks June 26-30. We did the dessert party on Tuesday and saw the second show on Thursday. We absolutely loved the show. Pictures and descriptions in no way come close to what you'll see and hear. We enjoyed the dessert party, we arrived relatively late and still got good seats. We enjoyed the food and drinks and liked feeling pampered. Our server was very helpful and did things like offering to take pictures of our group. The view for the dessert party (we were on a rear high top behind the lower tables) was good, but even as a relatively tall guy, seeing all of the lower projections was difficult. I don't think it necessarily hinders the experience, but it took seeing the second show to realize what we missed.

For the late show, we showed up about 5 minutes before the show started (at 10pm) and we pretty much had our pick of viewing locations. We chose the hydrant location discussed in HydroGuy's WOC thread and it was perfect. Even with people in the sections below, we could see the entire show and there were some features we missed at our first showing. Obviously it helped that we were an all adult group, so kids staying up late wasn't an issue. We were also all okay with standing for the second show. We loved the show again the second time.

I don't offer this to rag on the dessert party at all. Like I said, we enjoyed it. I'm just saying if the money doesn't make sense to you and you're in the parks during a time when they're doing two showings, there may be another option to get a good view and not wait in line for over an hour. Either way, see the show. It's easily one of our favorites and any of the parks we've been to.

Last edited:
I agree with Khokhonutt - we did the WOC DP last year and whilst we enjoyed it and are considering doing it again this year our view was definitely better the year before when we got a FP and went down to one of the front sections. We did 1st show for that so we did line up pretty early and then waited ~ 1 1/2 hrs in our prime spot on the rail for the show to start. It sounds like for the late show we wouldn't have to do that and could turn up quite late and get a pretty good spot.
We are going the end of September so I don't know if there would be 2 shows scheduled per night then but if there is we may give the 2nd show a shot.
If there's only one show then we would probably do the DP for the first (and only) show.
Thanks for posting the info Khokhonutt - its very helpful to read people's different experiences : )

Agree about the difference in views. We really enjoy the DP and all its perks, but our favorite view is up close and center! Worth the wait for us to be up close and right on the rail.

Note that, when it says "wet zone," they're not kidding! We were right up at the rail for our WCT dining package. I knew we were going to get damp. I wasn't expecting that the water from the water spouts would rain down on our heads. We were drenched by the end of it.

It depends entirely on which way the wind is blowing. If the wind direction is toward the viewing area, then the stronger the wind, the more drenched you'll be! (Friends assure me this can actually be fun if everyone is wearing ponchos and singing along!) If the wind is blowing back toward the water screens, you may only get slightly misted. DH always checks the wind before we decide on THE front rail. So far we haven't gotten drenched yet. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter