WL Standard Rooms and Lobby

daisygarden

Earning My Ears
I read somewhere that some of the WL Standard Rooms open out into the lobby. Does this mean that the balcony will overlook the lobby? If it does, is there still a window in the room?

I would prefer a woodsview or courtyardview room but there are only standard rooms available (hotels.com) for my dates in early December. We probably won't spend too much time in the room but I don't want my room to be dark or noisy. Does anyone know about the standard room views other than some may overlook dumpsters or the front of the resort?

When you enter the resort you can look up and see all the floors above, the standard view room's are off a balcony that overlooks the lobby the view from the room would be parking lot or woods view. I have stayed in the standard view room's severl time's they are close to the elevators and I did not find them noisy you may even get lucky and get a room that you can see Wishes from.

We stayed in a standard room (bunkbeds) as well which we thought was perfect. It was on the 5th floor, our door opened up out to the lobby and our balcony overlooked rooftops of the WL & Villas, as well as some woods. It was close to the elevators, ice & vending and of course lobby. I would not want to be any lower than the 5th floor in this location. The lobby can get noisy along with the noise of the Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We will be there again in Oct/Nov and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we were in a similar location.

Have a great trip.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo princess: pirate:

We were in a standard room. If you were to walk outside our door there was a balcony that overlooked the lobby (with some rocking chairs there for you to relax in....quite nice). We have a balcony in our room with drapes that opened but not much of a view. Our view was looking over the roof. We had no problem with the lighting. We LOVED the WL but did decide next trip to upgrade to a woods or courtyard view. We were on the 4th floor and Whispering Canyon is quite noisy. Of course we got used to it and didn't hear the noise before too long.

The resort is beautiful!!! You'll love it.

All of the rooms in WL have outdoor balconies. When they tell you that they overlook the lobby, that is the corridor outside your door that overlooks the lobby. Your balcony is on the outside. We have stayed in a standard room, and it was great. I would recommend gettigng there fairly ealy, and if you don't like the view from your room (a garbage dumpster, ugly roofs, etc) just ask for another room. We've never had a problem getting a room we liked, they have always been eager to please. Chances are you would be happy with whatever room they gave you.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter