WL ??????s

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
I suppose I could have posted under the WL thread but didn't since I also want any less than positive opinions. We are currently booked at CBR for Aug '03. My dd, 9, really, really wants to stay at WL. She is intrigued with Fort Wilderness, so thinks we'll be really close at WL. There are just the 3 of us traveling so room size/beds aren't an issue. If there are good codes out then maybe we can swing WL. I don't really want to go any higher than $160 a night. Have any of you gotten such a rate? What are the pros and cons of this resort? I love the look of it, but the rooms seem a little dark. Any thoughts? TIA.

In August of 2002 we paid $129 a night excluding tax. With the codes that were available I believe that the WL was around $40 more per night than the moderates. We absolutely loved this resort. It was not dark at all. The staff was great, the pool awesome and the transportation was also good. I can't wait to stay here again. This was our first stay at a deluxe. In the past we always did moderate. CBR is also great but very large. The WL is much smaller and easier to get around. There is no food court though but many places to get burgers ect.

This is our favorite resort. One pro is that everything is pretty much in one building - not spread out - like a lot of the other resorts. So if it is raining, you don't get wet going down to the snack bar or gift shop. We think Roaring Forks is one of the best snack bars. You can get to Ft. Wilderness by a short boat ride or you can walk although I've never done this. It's so easy to get to MK (our main park) by boat. They also have story time by the fireplace for the kids on certain nights. They can wear their pajamas. Just a few pros... :D

everything is really close in the resort..It's not fun when everything is spread out and to get to the food court you gotta take a car!
The rooms aren't dark at all...there are little lamps and lights you can put on(I do love the Buffalo ones!)

if you get the Travel Channel they have a show called Great Hotels and a lot of the Deluxe hotels are on there...just last Friday WL was on there! you should really try to find the WL ones...you can see all the great things for it

You guys are making my decision sorta difficult here. If I can get $129, or thereabouts, then my dd may get her wish. Maybe I'll do a split stay. Thanks for the info. I did see the Travel Channel when Sam did WL. So did my dd. That's what started this whole thing!!!

We stayed at WL in October. Our kids loved it and they still talk about it.

There is so much to do. The pool and slide are great. There are a lot of choices at the snack bar. They loved to see the water parade at night.

One of the best nights we had was taking the boat over to FW-you can also walk-and doing the campfire with Chip N' Dale. They roasted marshmallows, etc. and got to sing songs and watch a movie on a big outdoor screen.

We really don't have anything negative to say about the resort. We would stay here again in a minute. We also liked the fact that everything wasn't real spread out-you can spend hours just walking around the resort looking at how great it is.

The rooms are really not that dark-just woodsy themed. Our kids loved it and they are used to staying at beach type hotels with light and airy decor.

Try and get a good code-you will love WL and I'm positive you will be glad you switched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter