Wk of March 22nd - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

Kira: OOOOH, you're going to DL Paris. How cool. And I'll bet you can deduct that as a work expense, huh? I'm sure all the families at your school will miss you, but I know your travel business is where your heart is. (I love the idea of a running cruise, btw.) How cool is it to be a travel agent?! Great job getting back in the groove. I think the story of your DD caring for other children at the gym is adorable.

Tricia: Your tattoos sound cool, especially the tribal cats. (Okay, I confess I don't know what those are, which is why they sound cool.) And your cats love laptops, too? One of mine likes mine, the other likes DOOD's. Strange, huh?

Brandie: What a very cool position to be in--and of course you have to buy the new clothes, as it helps you serve your customers better. (I think you deserve them for free, though.) And you live in FL. I'm very, very jealous right now. I didn't know you were a triathlete, as well. Very cool. And good luck with Eggs and Ears.

Lily: I assume you and Frank are experiencing rain today, too. Please tell me it's light and not headed my way? I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, but remember every bit counts! :thumbsup2

Racey Tracy: Woo hoo on the negative splits. Those last couple of miles--Wow! Your Saturday race is going to go well, from these indications. I'm pulling for a PR for you. About your cake. Yeah, thanks for confirming it was delicious. :sad1: :rotfl2:

Mel: The fact that you designed your own tat makes it all the more special, don't you think? People are going to want to copy your design, too.

Aloha Jeff: Are you sure you're not a sadist, what with posting all the pics? :lmao: Then I must be a masochist for looking?

Frank: I like the idea of doing a race for each place I travel, especially since the focus isn't on long distances necessarily. I might adopt that. Great idea. :woohoo: Oh, and I just have to say, Manchester U/Fulham? :confused3 :scared1:

TM Tracy: Ahhh, rolling hills. Or as I like to call them, the nemesis. So, the TM hill work? More challenging? Better route? Part of your planned gym time? P.S. Fartlek. :lmao:

Maura: Sounds like you were having quite the work day yesterday. Remember, I have a not-so-secret desire to be a super-assassin. Because I have fantasies that I'd look good in black leather. How was the chocolate? Better than the sneezing, I'll bet. Is the sneezing because of the chlorine?

Laurel: Ouch on the black toenail and welcome to the club. (Not a club I ever aspired to join, or you I'll bet, but a club nonetheless.) Are you thinking about shifting shoes. Or socks, at least? WTG on the 9 miles, btw!

Christa: You're a mighty strong woman to keep up the "run until you feel like you want to boot" speedwork. Not that I ever doubted it. You, Maura, and TM Tracy apparently. :thumbsup2 Do you have a tri coming up that you're training for? Just wondering because of the bike trainer comment. I have to say that if anything would make the DM or trainer better, episodes of The Office might be it. Or Arrested Development.

As for me: I've done nothing resembling exercise today, as I've been waiting for the rain to stop to go out for my run. It hasn't. :sad2: But yesterday was my rest day, and I'm itching to go out. So it look it'll be a late afternoon/after work run in the rain. Better load "Singin' in the Rain" onto the iPod. :lmao: Then the next question is, what is the appropriate reward for a rainy run? :confused3 Because as you all know, I hate running in the rain.

Oh, and I just have to say, Manchester U/Fulham? :confused3 :scared1:

I'm sorry, I have not recollection of any such game. Maybe it is post traumatic stress.

Just got back from putting in just under 8 (7.9 to be exact). I'm happy to say the tight calf didn't reoccur so it looks like a lack of stretching last time. I feel like I'm on track for a good CMM.

Happy training WISH Team!

Tracy, I went back to look at the F&G pics you put up here. Had to have another look. I love F&G.

Deb, rain here today was not really too bad. In fact, Kirby Dog and I made it out in it for 2 miles. I was really "singing in the rain" ala Gene Kelly style with the acutal song. No one was nearby to hear my made up rendition. Birdies were singing in it too so really they didn't seem bothered by me. :laughing:

Frank, seems like you'll be having a great CMM for sure. It will be fun! I look forward to it.

Christa, I like your speed work quote. Yes speed work does work! I must return to that too.

chimera said:
TMTracy...I'm just impressed you said speedplay instead of everyone's favorite giggle word...fartlek.
Tee hee Mel sait it! :rotfl:

Last month it was doc day and epidural for my back pain. Today was doc day and shot for hip bursitis. Talk about being a PITA. Whoa! Working my way to getting better able to conquer this distance stuff again.

I'm not the best responding to everyone each time. Please don't think I do it on purpose.

Everyone, keep at it and you'll get there.

TGIF--and I mean it!

Jeff Thanks for the mellow pics--my blood pressure dropped just looking at them.

lil mermaid I also get the ugly blood blisters. Haven't managed to figure out a way to avoid them yet. I should probably try blister bandages or moelskin on my longer runs--although I haven't really had any lately! (long runs, that is)

Christa Ah yes, goggle eyes. My only hope is that they fade before I get to work!

Debra The sneezing/runny nose is probably my body's way of getting rid of all the water that inevitably goes up my nose during my rather pathetic swim workout! The chocolate was fine. Also fine was venting/commiserating with a couple of co-workers (who also noticed some of the boss's same tendencies/behavior). Just waiting for the "we have to talk" talk to happen. 8-9 times out of 10, he and I gel, but that other 1 time--watch out! As for treats for running in the rain....hot shower, hot toddy? (or Single Malt with a splash--I really must try Scotch and water--they say that is the preffered method, not neat. Your thoughts?)

As for me...today is a rest day. Shins have been tight lately and I don't think a run would look pretty--even a short one.

Have a great weekend all.

Go MSU! (gotta root for the home state team)

Maura

This has been great, reading everyone's updates.
mkymsehi, LOVE the Hawaii pictures! Someday I will get there!
Kira G... I think it would be great doing a running cruise.
Tracy... good luck this weekend.
Everyone doing all of the great Florida races... I envy you being in a place where they do all of that AND it is pretty. Central Texas has its high points (one is I have a job that keeps a roof over our heads... :thumbsup2 ) but Florida is so pretty and they actually do things with their coast.

This morning ran in the fog. I love to run in a misty 5 am quiet. I have to put my pager in a baggy so it doesn't get wet and I can still get to it if it goes off. Our pager is a blackberry that travels to the different members of the team... WHY is there no way to turn off the "I'm calling 911" feature of the stupid thing when it bounces around in a fanny pack??? I HATE pager week.

Podrunner Intervals (www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html) are podcasts that are in sets of 9 week training 'themes'. first day to 5k, gateway to 8k and freeway to 10k. I made it through about 1/2 of the 8k set (all of 5k... and half of 8k) at about a 14.5 to 15 min mile fast walk when I decided that I needed to go back and start over and put a 'real' run (so far it is a decent jog) into the workout rather than just a faster walk.

I'm not to where I want to be yet... but I'm working on it. I'm learning how to eat better and more correctly. I'm learning what I can and can't do. I put strength training into my week (I got a free gym membership in the building where I work and I do a circuit of the weight machines 2 or 3 days a week and the tread mill once or twice). I can't get past the plateau in my weight loss... but it will come.

And... it is time to go to work :scared1:

Everyone have a marvelous Friday!

Total drive-by again, sorry!

I meant to do 5 miles, managed 4.05.
Had to stop after one mile to change out dead headset.
Had to stop after mile 3 - asthma acting up. Couple hits of inhaler and out again.
Stopped in 4th mile - spotted my Dad outside and had to talk about Mom's birthday dinner for tonight.
Finished at 4.05 - outta time. Gotta get showered, get Zack & get him to swim class.

lil mermaid - When I finished Disney this year I knew I had horrible pain in my little toe, but it took me until late that night to discover the huge blister underneath the toenail. The nail just fell off a couple of weeks ago, but it never actually turned black. I do have a couple of other almost black ones as souvenirs though! First time it's happened in 3 years of running. :confused3

Jeff - Thought about you today. We had a woman from the 10:00 pace group run with us this morning. (We're the slow 12:00 group). Know you've said you should run with faster people if you want to get faster, but OMG! By mile 8 I was dying. Did finish in a much better time than usual though, and felt pretty good at the end after all... and pretty darn proud of myself too!

Got in 10 miles with our group, then took the dogs for a mile and a half walk. Humid as can be, so it's going to be a long afternoon!

Jackie

Hi guys.....I love this rainy weekend in Charlotte. Gives me time to WISH!:lovestruc

Jackie - WTG on the 10 miler. I love when I finish faster...but can I give you a word of warning? If not, don't read anymore....;) It may not be good to try and do a LR at a pace that is 2 minutes faster than your normal pace....if I read your post right...I may not have. Do speedwork or shorter runs to increase speed. I am also talking to myself in this b/c I ALWAYS break this rule.:thumbsup2

Lil mermaid - Getting ready to loose a toenail myself. The 2nd in a month. One was from my Dec race in Charlotte (did not turn black) and this one was from Myrtle Beach in Feb (is black and nasty). Both of these races were marathons....lots of pounding.:woohoo:

figmentfan2009 - I may tri those Ipod WOs. Thanks! Just keep up the good work. The weight will come off. Trust me, this is a battle I fought and won! I ran my 1st marathon 40lbs heavier than I am now.

Maura -
Christa Ah yes, goggle eyes. My only hope is that they fade before I get to work!
:rotfl2: This made me laugh. I do go into work with goggle eyes. I am a therapist and see teens. They often question if I have been in a fight.:rolleyes1 I explain that I have been swimming. :laughing:

Lily -
I'm not the best responding to everyone each time. Please don't think I do it on purpose.
As long as you respond to me.;) Just pick'n on you. I hope you feel better soon. Love ya girl!:lovestruc

Debra - Nah, I am not training for a tri. I just xtrain b/c I am to old to run every day and not get hurt. Riding and swimming help me run faster too.

Frank - WTG on the 7.9......I hate it when I am a point short....:headache:

As for me, I ran 4.5 in the pouring down rain...I thought of Debra. I loved it though b/c the rain was cool and the air was warm. Then I ate lunch (PB&J - a lunch of champs) and jumped on my trainer (bike trainer that my bike was hooked up to) and rode 20 miles in 1 hour.

Christa - Thanks for the concern... we didn't actually run the LR at a 10:00 pace; it just felt like it. We did run some of the run segments considerably faster than usual, which I know isn't recommended either, but hey, it's the off-season and we're daring! And um, don't I remember someone saying she ran all out until she felt like dying toward the end of a race, even though it wasn't recommended? :)

Our group is actually trying to figure out what intervals we're going to run when the Galloway season starts back - last season we did R2/W1, which is what Jeff suggests for the 12:00, but we're considering R2:30/W1. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but by the end of 10 miles it feels like it! Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stay a 12:00 or move up a group...

Jackie

Way to rock the run Jackie! :thumbsup2

Good going to everyone logging the reps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter