WK of March 1 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

Heading to the world in a few hours. See all the Princesses there!

It's quiet around here.

Good luck to everyone heading out for the princess!

I did a 35 tempo run with a top speed of 7:30 and a low of 9:15 and got in right around 4 miles.

Best,
Jennifer

Hey all! Even traffic on the way to work was quiet this morning. What's up with everybody?

Did my speedwork this am and had an unfortunate reoccurrence of my left shin/ankle feeling fatigued. Oh well, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Gotta pack tonight and make some food for the DH and DS--they would just eat out otherwise, so I will at least make them some carnitas to keep them somewhat happy while I'm gone this weekend.

Busy night ahead and busy work day, too. Boss just piled on a couple more things, but fortunately he is gone next week so I should have plenty of time to get them done.

Happy Wednesday, all. 30 more hours and I'm off to the World!

Maura

Hey WISHers!

Looks like there are lots of great times out there! Congrats!

Best wishes to those running in the Princess.

I got in a 5 mile run on Monday and 6 miles today. I need to give my blisters a break before heading back out on Saturday. Looking forward to some spring-like weather so that I can run out in the fresh air. Running on the TM is making me crazy.

15.5 mile bike followed by a 5.1 mile run.

Today was a "weather vane" day........................ Every direction I ran or biked was the direction the wind was coming from. Ugh.

Jennifer: NIce run adn good times.

Maura: sorry to hear abou the issues coming back.

Jim: Ugh - WIND!! SOrry to hear that and I hope it dies down soon.

AFM: I am packed (pretty much) and finishing up the finger nails. I did a nice walk on Tuesday night and hopefully will get alittel walk in Friday morning while up at WDW. Looking forward to going to visit Mickey and hanging with the girls and oh yea, that Half Marathon on Sunday. hehe

Tracy

Hey, everyone! It's a quiet week here, which I attribute to the Princess. Everyone who's going.... have a great time and bring me back something, okay? (Great stories are preferred!)

Mel: I'm sending PD for you for an especially magical time at the Princess.

Sharon: I'm loving the feel the spring is right around the corner. I will still run on the dreadmill at least once per week, regardless, but love the fresh breeze of a blooming spring. I'm so glad you've been able to get out for some walking even with that significant wind chill.

Tracey: I love the idea of a photo essay of a regular route. Especially yours, it being so pretty in various areas. So....you live near where you grew up? I know you'll rock the 1/2 with both a PR and (maybe) another pictorial! Are you really wearing a tiara for the race? How fun! And I'm super proud of you that you tried out all your gear pre-race, including the head gear. :lmao: P.S. May I assume the fingernails are lime green?

Aloha Jeff: Great Scott! How many events did you do this week?! :worship:

Jennifer: Congratulations on entering official training for the Providence 1/2. What is your goal time, what with your speediness in short distance and on tempo runs? With all that XT, I'll bet you have a strong core, too. Oh, and thank you for volunteering at Boston. :thumbsup2

Duane: Woo woo for your Hoot-Hooers run! Great pace and I'm so glad you didn't end up with ay complications with the knee. :woohoo:

Lily: :hug: for the meniscus tear. Sounds painful, and I hope the procedure to repair isn't too invasive. I'm glad you got an epidural--:scared1: can't believe I said that--since it allows you to sleep.

Tricia: Have a fabulous time at the Princess. Knowing you're not going to go all out for a PR means you can really enjoy all the sights of the inaugural event. Hey...you could take pictures for me. :teeth

Terri: Sorry you all got hit with snow--Pgh just had wind-chill/gusts/warnings. But I love that you found yet another reason to love the Wii Fit. Hope you got your run in sometime this week.

Megan: Like a kid on Christmas eve, you are. I now I missed you before you left, but in case you have internet access...have a great trip and race!

Shan: How's your recovery going? Walking, I assume. When's the okay to run?

Kira: Between you and Terri, it certainly sounds like Philly got hit much worse than Pgh. Not a surprise, us being so far apart--I just tend to think of us as neighbors. Glad you got your 4 miles in, even if on the TM. I've been trying to get back into the Pilates routine, myself, and my core lets me know it too....

Maura: The reason it's so quiet up your way...you know Michiganders--Florida is their second home. :rotfl2: (Former, proud Michigander here!) Have a great time this weekend--were you able to locate a spare 5K entry? Fingers crossed! P.S. Evil boss.

Mindy: Oh, it's the TM that makes you crazy. Sure..... DOOD always tells me that we're crazy to get on the TM to begin with. Chicken, meet egg. :rotfl2: I have problems with blisters, too, despite shoe fittings and sock experimentation. I hope yours aren't too bad or chronic.

Jim: Weather vane day! Great--and you're the weather vane, I assume. Funny, you don't look a thing like this to me:
397px-Rooster_Weather_Vane.jpg

As for me: On spring break here, a staycation. Yes, you may read that as we're too broke and cheap to go away this year. The thing is, being tourists in your own town is actually pretty cool. Except I'll admit to being the shallow person who gets her fill of museums pretty quickly. Except for the hands-on exhibits. I'm such a child. Anyway, my WISH time is limited this week. Between working out and touring the sites, DOOD is getting his fill of Debra-time. Thank you lucky stars you're not him. :rotfl2:

Anyway, I've worked out every day this week--inside because of wind chills--but will be going out for a SR tomorrow. DOOD's planning on staying indoors but I told him I was headed out for open skies. I have new gear from NB to try out! :banana:

Debra: hmmmmmmmmm nails? Lime green? Ok yes, they are and I only have one more coat to do on the fingernails. :rotfl:

Racey Tracy

Tracy , Thanks! And have fun at the Princess!

Debra , I had to laugh about your core comment, because the other night when I was at my strength training class the instructor was checking everyone's core while did situps and she was impressed. After class she even gave me the best compliment, "I think you may be in better shape than I am." My half-marathon goals are still being formulated. My biggest goal is to finish in under 2 hours, which seeing as I can do my long runs at a 9 minute pace shouldn't be a problem. I'd love to finish under 1:55 or even under 1:50, but we'll have to see how the training goes.

Back from the local wine bar, with Marcia and running friends of mine. Sampled some good wines, and good pupus.

Then, I took Marcia on a short tour of downtown LOST filming locations. O'Tools bar http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/lost/fil ... index.html, and Murphy's bar, and several locations like the mortuary for Locke, the Seminary for Desmond (also Oxford University), the school Walt attends, the hospital where Jack, Ben, and Sayid were in the parking lot, and a few outdoor scenery shots made to look like London or Australia.

Jeff Maybe you can open up a side business of "Lost" tours? My sone and I will be your first customers. Finally, a reason that may actually get him to want to travel!

Debra So you were a Michigander once? Do tell! (No, really, that's an order--DO tell) As for the tourist thing iin your own town--never to be underestimated. I feel like now I could have/should have done more while living in/around Boston. You'll have to let me know your favorites. Even though my M-I-L's house is being sold, we will still come to Pittsburgh since my MIL is still there. So tourist sites (plus all the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives spots in Pittsburgh--and there seem to be many) are a definite interest.

Heading out tonight. Yeah. May still try to see if I can convince someone at the expo to let me enter the Royal Family 5k, but if not, I will head to Ocala and run there.

Talk to you all on Tuesday.

Maura

Be sure to check the LOST thread for my latest posts. We did a mini tour last night, and plan to go around the island on Saturday.

Maura, my tours are free. I have just as much fun going to the film locations, and describing what scene and who was in the scene.

Like last night, the bartenders were telling us that I was sitting in the same barstool that Desmond sat in in the scene filmed there.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1820382&page=4

Jeff, your Hawaii posts always make me jealous! Now I want to go on one of the Lost tours.

As for me, 3.25 miles in roughly 28 minutes and celebrating the fact that it was sunny and above freezing.
And I did my one hour pilates class.

Jennifer

I did a slow jog of 7 miles with a friend who runs, well SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Got the miles in, that's all that counts today.

Notice how empty Hale Koa Beach is. Overcast, windy, and drizzling.

100_2049.jpg

Marcia did a short jog on her own, and met up with me at the end of my run.

100_2070.jpg

This is what it looked like at 6:30 pm, at Ala Moana Beach Park.

100_2076.jpg

I actually ran this morning! First LR since Jan 31st, and only the second time since the WDW marathon. Yeah, I'd say I've been a little unmotivated... but it's coming back to me slowly. Did 10 miles with our group this morning - the weather could not have been more perfect.

A bunch of us decided we're going to do the Richmond marathon in November. Although I swore before Disney that it would be my one and only full, I'm determined to run one at my own pace instead of waiting for DH!

Jackie

It was not a LR for me outside, but I got outside for at least something. One mile down, a bit more to go before the day is done.

Out again today. The weather was too beautiful to be on a treadmill. I only did 2 mi running and 2 mi walking. Still having blister issues *sigh* I tried using some moleskin today. It did help a bit but my feet just need to heal, i think.

I'll try again on Tuesday and see how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter