WK of March 1 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything.You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

I haven't much to report...no real running since the Sarasota half a couple weeks ago. I've been riding my bike and doing other things, but think I'm a bit burned out. No likely PR for Princess next weekend...just out there to have some fun!

How are y'all doin'?

Hard to believe it's March already! I'm looking forward to warmer temps, so I can do my miles outside instead of on the dreadmill. :goodvibes

OK I finally took some photos of my normal route yesterday during my walk. I was "practicing" with my new spibelt and camera holder.
Sharon: this could be for you as it shows some nice weather here in S.FL and some nice blue skys and green grass (mostly, we've been dry here and even have fire warnings out) and green trees.

My Photo essay...

First two photos are of the beginning of my walk leaving my street. Here you also see some nice white ibis walking around. They are cool birds.
One.jpg

Here I'm getting ready to turn left and head west down the "main street" of the nieghborhood. The second photo is me going west along the sidewalk.
Two.jpg

I pass my old Elementary School and an Optimist field where I played t-ball and was a cheerleader.
THree.jpg

Turning to head North and one of the bigger intersections I have to cross.
ThreeA.jpg

Nice big shopping plaza with a Publix and now heading West again.
Four.jpg

I now pass the park that I use on Thursday night. It has soccer fields, baseball and softball fields, basketball courts, cricket fields, road course for bikers, velodrome, tennis courts and picnic areas. ALso has a large population of Burrowing Owls!
Five.jpg

Six.jpg

Next up I pass a few homes with their backyards facing the sidewalk area. One has a gaggle of geese right now. The male always comes towards you with his head down. Good thing there is a fence there.
Seven.jpg

I then go on north and get to a big Self Storage area. This used to be cow pasture and has big huge antennas in a field. The just past that is a section of cow pasture.
Eight.jpg

Nine.jpg

That is my two miles out from the house and then I turn around and go back. If its more I just keep going west! I prefer the out and back kinda route. Hopefully you have enjoyed viewing my little photo journal. I do get to see alot of different things along the way so I like going this way.

On tap for today is a nice 5 miles. I think I may try out my tiara to see how it goes. Also, need to start packing for the Princess Half.

Tracy

13.5 miles for me, 1:57:47.

We had to alter our start location due to the Straub Women's 10K race running part of the Honolulu Marathon Course, which we normally run. Saw the women going up the back of Diamond Head Crater Road for a short bit.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

7.25 miles for me in 65 minutes in the snow!!!

Sorry, I keep forgeting to post on the main thread.

I'm officially training for my first half marathon on May 3 in Providence.

Also, if anyone is running Boston let me know as I'll be volunteering at the Pasta Dinner.

Jennifer

13.1 for me. Hooter's to Hooter's half marathon. 1:59:02. I was worried but my knee made it through.

Race report on the other thread.

What a cool idea taking a pictorial from your walk. Really cool!

enjoy,
Duane

Tracy, great pics. Good idea.

Mel, since you are not planning for a PR, I do hope that you have all kinds of fun at the event then.

I finally got the the ortho doc. Go back in 2 weeks for more fun. Seems I've got a feather type tear in the meniscus, will need to have it tended, but not just yet. Got epidural for back and finally got some good nights sleeping. I think I'll be getting in more meaningful training now. Yay for that.

Ahhh, Tracy that look's like a beautiful route. :goodvibes Actually the routes I take are pretty nice, but so very cold this time of year.
Okay, I have to admit it could be here but the windchill changes everything!
I'm ready to be in Florida!

I got in 5.5 miles this morning in an hour. That is my last long run before the Princess 1/2. 8.25 is my longest run since the full in January so I know I am not going to PR next Sunday. I plan to just do my best and have fun. I know I will push myself to get the best time I can though.

Thanks Tracy for posting the pictures of your walk - I will have to do that sometime - obviously after next Sunday since its countdown time now.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week (well a good end to it as well but for now one day at a time!!) Looking forward actually to this week being over so it will be time for WDW and the Princess - can't wait!!

Tracy - nice route.

Duane - Congrats on a great race!

AFM - I've just been doing light cross-training. Today was my day to start running again. Got home from work late and what happens - it starts snowing! Expected to get up to a foot.
Good think I finally got my WiiFit! :)

Terri

Hello Wishers!

3 more sleeps and I will be at WDW! I can't believe the Princess half in is only one week!

Hey , thanks for all the compliments on my photowalk.
I did try out my tiara on my walk yesterday of 6 miles. I did get a few weird looks from people going by and a whistle from a passing car!! Oh Well, it works and stayed on so I guess it is a go for the Princess Half.

Less than a week, woohoo. I am leaving Thursday right after work!!

Tracy

Tracy Thanks for the pics of the route. I know what those geese are like--we have lots of Canadaian geese on our work site. They have actually chased and bitten a few people, especially if the goslings are around. Had one here last year that had 20+ little ones!

Lily Hope you mend quickly. And an epidural? Yikes! Take care.

Just a few more days til I also run away to FLorida. Won't be doing the DIsney races, but did find a 5k to run in Ocala, where I am going to watch my niece ride in a horse show. No bling, but I can still try out my training.

Maura

Good job on all the runs WISHers! Hope those heading out to WDW this week have fun! :goodvibes

Hi everyone! No running for me today; trying to dig out from a foot of snow.

I did do my 90 minute dance class and hour long strength training class.

Hope everyone else is warm and safe!

Jennifer

No time for any training today, but thought I would check what everyone else was doing. Keep up the good trekking/work everyone.

I went out for a quick 3.5 mile walk today, it was 50 but the wind was so strong that it felt more like 30. Then did a nice 1 hr step class.
Tomorrow it's supposed to be 70 and sunny, so I will be having a beautiful walk outside.:goodvibes

You're right, it sure is quiet here! I guess a lot of folks are on their way to the Princess Half.

We have lots of snow on the ground, and it was COLD today, so I did my 4 miler at the gym on the TM. Saw a couple of old episodes of MASH - that was fun! What a great show. I did some Pilates yesterday for the first time in months, and my stomach is really feeling it today.

Hoping for spring weather soon . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter