With Shrek 3D gone now, what is Universal's plans for Shrek in the parks?...

UGA03

Earning My Ears
It's such a great movie and I can't imagine it's getting wiped clean from the parks. Do we have to wait for Epic Universe (DreamWorks land) to see Shrek again?

Universal Studios Singapore has a Shrek land themed to Far Far Away. I could be down for something similar to come to the Universal parks in the US. The only rides are a Ferris wheel, a Flight of the Hippogriff like coaster and Shrek 4D but there's a lot they could do with Shrek beyond that. The Donkey meet and greet had a fairly long line when I was there so the interest is still there for this franchise.

I don't think there will be any rides but they are keeping the Shrek and Donkey meet and greet. It sounds like it's moving to a little building at the front of the dreamworks area. There was a small empty building there that has construction walls up now. Rix Flix speculated it would be the best area for it and then construction walls went up a few weeks ago.

Donkey is hilarious if you haven't ever met them. He throws in a lot of adult humor like they reference in the movies.

Reactions: AJA
Universal Studios Singapore has a Shrek land themed to Far Far Away. I could be down for something similar to come to the Universal parks in the US. The only rides are a Ferris wheel, a Flight of the Hippogriff like coaster and Shrek 4D but there's a lot they could do with Shrek beyond that. The Donkey meet and greet had a fairly long line when I was there so the interest is still there for this franchise.
It's probably my top choice for something to replace KidZone. Between the Shrek and Puss and Boots movies they have a lot they can do. Can have the swamp, castle, Far Far Away, and any Puss in Boots areas represented. Think a combo of swamp and castle/town areas would give a nice variety of looks while given enough land for each. Do a Shrek dark ride, then could bring in the Puss in Boots ride (or a new attraction), the Dragon coaster, and a family flat or two to the area and it would be great. They've been talking about doing another Shrek movie so it would still be relevant and the Shrek films are well liked overall and still talked about so I think it has a more classic status to not get outdated quick. It would give variety as well since we will have a HTTYD land in Epic Universe and Beijing has a Kung Fu Panda land. These are their three biggest franchises and would be better options to me than Trolls, Croods, or Madagascar (some of this franchise was ok but it never really gets talked about anymore).

I did the new meet and greet last Wednesday. The app gave a start time and I went there and waited until it started. Good thing I did. Shrek and Fiona were only there for the first 30 minutes with Donkey staying active afterward. My advice...get there early and hope the people ahead of you don't use up all the 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter