With expansions, Pandora, and Galaxies Edge in the rearview mirror is Disney "tapped out" for competing with Epic Universe?

They need to keep upgrading their existing parks. EPCOT is the obvious place to start.

I'll be back when the third gate of Universal opens.

They should continue to strive to be their own thing (albeit better) - why just copy some other park :confused3
I'm not saying to copy them exactly. If you watch the video it explains it a lot better. The biggest thing in that video that Disney and Universal for that matter should follow is how Europa park updates many of their dark rides. They don't just replace them with something.

I'm not saying to copy them exactly. If you watch the video it explains it a lot better. The biggest thing in that video that Disney and Universal for that matter should follow is how Europa park updates many of their dark rides. They don't just replace them with something.
O I C - that makes much more sense

Man, and Tokyo Disney Resort is just overall FANTASTIC! I would tell people who would ask how it was that, "It makes the US parks look like a parking lot carnival." That's a bit of an exaggeration, but it simply cannot be overstated how absolutely amazing the Tokyo parks are. I want to go back so bad!
I agree 100%. I was blown away at how amazing those parks are. The entire park experience makes WDW feel like a Six Flags in comparison. I'm joking obviously but they really are fantastic. I like how they take great care of their rides and don't let them degrade over time. I have never seen Small World, Indiana Jones and Splash look so good before. The parks overall are also cleaner than my house LOL

I still stand by the opinion that they're so great because they're not owned by Disney and simply license out the rights to the characters.

Since we are on this topic of attractions new lands, the video I attached is what Disney and Universal should strive to be like. It's also a park I would love to visit. The way they update their dark rides and have those little themes attractions is something the US parks could use.
I'm still bummed that I never got to visit Europa Park when I was living in Germany. It looks fantastic. Same with Efteling in the Netherlands. I was underwhelmed with Disneyland Paris but this park looks up my alley.

I agree 100%. I was blown away at how amazing those parks are. The entire park experience makes WDW feel like a Six Flags in comparison. I'm joking obviously but they really are fantastic. I like how they take great care of their rides and don't let them degrade over time. I have never seen Small World, Indiana Jones and Splash look so good before. The parks overall are also cleaner than my house LOL

I still stand by the opinion that they're so great because they're not owned by Disney and simply license out the rights to the characters.

I'm still bummed that I never got to visit Europa Park when I was living in Germany. It looks fantastic. Same with Efteling in the Netherlands. I was underwhelmed with Disneyland Paris but this park looks up my alley.
It looks like an amazing park. For my family it has the best balance of theme and thrills

The one other point was that not every new attraction is an E-ticket. They add a lot of C and D ticket level rides for added capacity.
To be honest, if I am going to spend about 9 hours in a plane - it would be flying back to Hawaii before a theme park in Germany ... but that's just me

To be honest, if I am going to spend about 9 hours in a plane - it would be flying back to Hawaii before a theme park in Germany ... but that's just me
I would do a tour of parks in Europe. I do have relatives in the Netherlands so it would be an add-on for me.

My parents feel the same LOL. There's a lot more to see in Germany than just a theme park. I lived there for around 2 years and was able to travel all around. I even did weekends in neighboring countries. Where I lived was about an hour train ride to France. I know many people prefer a beach vacation and that's totally valid. If money was no question and I could pick what vacation to do, I would pick the tour of Europe plus added in time at parks like Europa Park and Efteling over the beach but that's just me.

My parents feel the same LOL. There's a lot more to see in Germany than just a theme park. I lived there for around 2 years and was able to travel all around. I even did weekends in neighboring countries. Where I lived was about an hour train ride to France. I know many people prefer a beach vacation and that's totally valid. If money was no question and I could pick what vacation to do, I would pick the tour of Europe plus added in time at parks like Europa Park and Efteling over the beach but that's just me.
If i am going to do a tour of parks, I am hopping on that 24 day - $110K trip from ABD. But the chances of that happening (or touring theme parks in Europe) are likely about the same :)

I would do a tour of parks in Europe. I do have relatives in the Netherlands so it would be an add-on for me.
Same here actually lol My aunt lives an hour away from Efteling so I could someday visit when I visit her. One time I visited her, we all went to Disneyland Paris which was fine but it's probably my least favorite out of the Disney parks I've visited.

Same for me. I have no interest in a beach vacation. Too boring for me.

I've also been lucky enough to do the Japan parks. While it's always dangerous to exaggerate, I basically agree with both of you. The best parks I've ever been to are the two in Tokyo. I mean, they're still theme parks. They won't re-grow hair on your head (I'd know) or give you insights into the meaning of life, but as far as themeparks go, they are top notch.

I did Tokyo then Disneyland a few months later and... Disneyland suffered by comparison. I remember Indy in particular - much nicer in Tokyo. All the effects were sharper, cleaner, and working.

No idea when the chance will come again, but I'm definitely planning to get back there someday.

I've also been lucky enough to do the Japan parks. While it's always dangerous to exaggerate, I basically agree with both of you. The best parks I've ever been to are the two in Tokyo. I mean, they're still theme parks. They won't re-grow hair on your head (I'd know) or give you insights into the meaning of life, but as far as themeparks go, they are top notch.

I did Tokyo then Disneyland a few months later and... Disneyland suffered by comparison. I remember Indy in particular - much nicer in Tokyo. All the effects were sharper, cleaner, and working.

No idea when the chance will come again, but I'm definitely planning to get back there someday.
I think the best part about them are how much cheaper they are and yet offer a way better park experience. Subtracting flights to Tokyo for a second, I paid $120 USD for a 2 day park ticket (granted park hopping wasn't allowed - it was just 1 park per day and you had to reserve which park you were going to). That's WAY cheaper than what WDW and DL charge. I also remember buying a chicken sandwich and a Kirin Ichiban beer for in the ballpark range of $10-13 USD.

I just did a WDW trip and I currently have zero plans to go back. I'm saving as much money as I can to one day go back to Disney parks in Japan. They're excellent. They also ruined fireworks for me forever as having everyone sit down for them was a gamechanger.

I dunno - I'm pretty sure DisneySea is so good that it may actually posess the secrets to the meaning of life. I believe it is hidden in the lyrics to Compass of Your Heart. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter