Wishes is leaving the Fantasy, Frozen is coming

My daughter will be thrilled when we board the Fantasy August 2020 (assuming the shows stay the same!)

With the Frozen sequel coming up, smart move. Now Disney crosses its fingers the new movie will be as much of a hype as the first one!

My daughter will be thrilled when we board the Fantasy August 2020 (assuming the shows stay the same!)
bringing Frozen over is way too big of a production for them to not intend it for the long term!

I just received a letter that stated on Fantasy cruises between September 7 and October 18, 2019 Wishes will not be performed as they prepare for Frozen to be added to the entertainment line-up.

That's good news... but I wish they would add something that is not on the other ships. We saw the Frozen show on the Wonder already last year. We did skip Wishes on our just-completed Fantasy cruise, as we had seen it before and though it was just OK. But now I am hooked on having low to no crowds at the pool, Aquaduck and Rainforest Room during first dinner seating (we always have second seating), so the show has to be really good to get me in there on most nights.

I think they are banking on the release of Frozen 2 being as big of a hit as the first one and trying to hook a few more folks based on the hype.

I am not sure what I think about different ships sharing shows, right now we have never been on the Dream and most likely never will unless it does longer than 4 days, but would like to see the shows, but I also don't think that all 4-7 ships should have generic entertainment across the board. We will see what comes with the new ships. Some will cross over, and some will remain unique i guess.

So what are they doing for the people on those ships when they only get 2 stage shows. I’m on October 12th so right before frozen comes.

So what are they doing for the people on those ships when they only get 2 stage shows. I’m on October 12th so right before frozen comes.
Like they did on the Dream when they change to Beauty and the Beast, probably just adding an individual entertainer show.

That's good news... but I wish they would add something that is not on the other ships. We saw the Frozen show on the Wonder already last year.
I wish they would replace Frozen on the Wonder with a Princess and the Frog stage show that goes with the Tianas place like the magic with Tangled.

It wouldn't be surprising if they are in development for a new show. I suspect that anyone on the West Coast is tired of the Wonder's show rotation.

Personally, I'd drive 20 hours one way for a new Villains Tonight,

We’ll be on the Fantasy for the end of Wishes. We sail August 30-September 7. I’ve seen Frozen on the Wonder a few times, so not overly thrilled, though the music and special effects are good.

A preview of Frozen might be shown on your cruise as a replacement for Wishes.

A preview of Frozen might be shown on your cruise as a replacement for Wishes.
I would strongly doubt that they would show a 'preview' of Frozen if they are in the middle of getting it ready. Disney is all about the magic. If they aren't ready to run it, they aren't going to do a partial performance, or do it without all of the scenery/props ready, etc.

They've done it before.
I still stand by my comment. In the case you are citing, it was the day before they had planned to be ready. They were ready early to do the full show, so they ran the show. From my perspective, a "preview" show would be more of a walk-through; actors might still be holding a copy of the script, background scenery might not be in place. A director might intervene. Not disagreeing that people on one of the last cruises of the transition might get lucky and have them ready to run the full production.

I still stand by my comment. In the case you are citing, it was the day before they had planned to be ready. They were ready early to do the full show, so they ran the show. From my perspective, a "preview" show would be more of a walk-through; actors might still be holding a copy of the script, background scenery might not be in place. A director might intervene. Not disagreeing that people on one of the last cruises of the transition might get lucky and have them ready to run the full production.

In theatrical terms, preview performances are paid performances of the musical/play. There may be script and/or song and/or blocking changes between performances, but they are FAR from rehearsals where people are still on book (using a script). Even invited dress rehearsals do not find performers on book. Previews are used to see how audiences respond and tweak the script to make it as good as possible before opening night. (In some cases, shows coming to Broadway do an out of town run which is a longer preview process, but they are never on book for them.) The show runs start to finish just as scripted. Rewrites/reblocks would happen in rehearsals during the day and are put into the show usually that night.

Frozen is scheduled to debut on the October 19th cruise (October 26th performance) and the person I replied to said she was on the October 12th cruise.

Last edited:
We are thrilled about this. We did the Fantasy two years ago and are going to be on her again in April. I was a bid sad originally because I knew the shows were going to be the same. We have not been on the Wonder so this is great for us. My three year old is thrilled about this.

Another thing to remember is they occasionally update the shows as well. The Aladdin show on our just-completed Fantasy cruise was noticeably different form the version we saw in 2016. Also, during the Gold and Platinum event they mentioned that changes to the show were made recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter