WISHES IS GONE (leaving in May)

I'm sad, I've seen Wishes many many times, and I spent a summer listening to the music while standing at work at MK. It'll always hold such a special place in my heart, and I have so many memories.

That being said, I guess change has to happen. This new show just needs to be good.

Change is inevitable.

At least in this YouTube-connected world the show will live on for eternity in a digital form!

I'm rather depressed about this. Don't get me wrong, the new show could be amazing and I could definitely love it. I just hope it impresses me more than the updated welcome show. I love wishes and will be so sad to see it go

I'm happy we get a new show, I just hope it's good. The change from Celebrate the Magic to Once Upon a Time was not a good one, and even though OUAT has better projection technology it missed the heart of CTM.
But Wishes has been here for a long time, MK needs something new, also wondering now if they will keep OUAT?

We sing the song to our kids almost every night. "Starlight, star bright........." "And all our Wishes......"

Gonna miss it - first one my babies saw. But I look forward to bigger and better, which is what Disney is good at.

I'm happy we get a new show, I just hope it's good. The change from Celebrate the Magic to Once Upon a Time was not a good one, and even though OUAT has better projection technology it missed the heart of CTM.
But Wishes has been here for a long time, MK needs something new, also wondering now if they will keep OUAT?

It seems like "Happily Ever After" kind of fits with their OUAT theme. I hope it all gels together. I can't wait to see some video, so I can stop being sad :D

announced today that it will be replaced in May with "happily ever after". I'm so sad!! What does everyone else think?

AHHH! Wow, I'm def. taken aback. I wish I would have known our last trip would have been the last time we'd see it. I'm def. sad...it's been Wishes since we started taking our oldest at 3, who's now 15...crazy. Hopefully the new firework show is just as great, but still pretty bittersweet for us.

I'm glad Disney is always growing and changing - that was Walt's vision, after all - but I wish they'd announce this more than a couple of months in advance. I just got home on Monday and never once have I seen Wishes in front of the castle. If I'd known it was the last time I'd see it in person, I definitely would've made time to view it from that location. I'm looking to the new show though.

I'm looking forward to it. We're going a couple of weeks after the new show premieres, and I hope everyone is dying to see it so that ride lines are super short during the show.

Saw Wishes once, never cared to see it again. Doubt we'll waste the time with this one either. It'll be on youtube.

I am happy we'll see it one last time on our Feb/Mar trip and look forward to returning in the fall to see what they cook up!

Really? So many didn't like the change. We are in the minority I guess. I saw Celebrate a few times but it was never something I felt compelled to watch. Caught the new show last trip and loved it. We won't be missing it. Why do folks not like it as well? The tech is so much better. What am I missing?

I am super sad to see Wishes go. We see it every trip several times and just love it. I sure hope Tink still flies from the castle or I'll be devastated.

We didn't care for the new projection show either. No flow. No story. And muddled images...had same issue with tree of like awakenings. Too hard to discern images. Also had issues with Jingle Bam. Too much stuff going on at once. Had no idea where to look or what was happening. Too chaotic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter