WISHES IS GONE (leaving in May)

I'm going to be optimistic. We've been seeing Wishes 2-3 times a year since 2003, so it has lots of great memories for us, but it's probably time for something new. As with anything, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so we just have to hope it's great.

I'm pretty excited about this actually. We check in the 14th. My husband was over wishes and starting to feel like it was "just fireworks" so we rarely fought the crowds to even watch. However, I feel for those that will miss it. CTM was my favorite WDW tradition and the new show didn't even compare for me.

I'm wondering if they will also go to this projection type show, as well.

If you mean the MNSSHP and MVCMP then It wouldn't shock me to see them upgrade those as well. They didn't spend all that money putting in the projection equipment to not use it. Hallowishes is still the best Fireworks show at WDW, but if they enhance that, it would be a big plus.

If you mean the MNSSHP and MVCMP then It wouldn't shock me to see them upgrade those as well. They didn't spend all that money putting in the projection equipment to not use it. Hallowishes is still the best Fireworks show at WDW, but if they enhance that, it would be a big plus.

I read mixed reviews of the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam show, so I am hoping it's better than that!

I'm excited for a change. We have seen Wishes a ton of times and love it but I'm looking forward to seeing the new show on our trip in May.

I read mixed reviews of the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam show, so I am hoping it's better than that!

Yeah, I dunno about that one. It didn't seem like they hit the mark. But people love Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, and it is a projection/pyrotechnics show. I think the HS ones lean a little more toward projection, but I bet this one will utilize more pyro as is traditional for the Magic Kingdom. They should look to Disneyland Forever as a benchmark. That was INCREDIBLE!

I'm very sad about this. We are going in August with my son and fiance and her 2 kids ages 6 and 11. I was looking forward to them seeing the original wishes since it is such an emotional show for me. I really can't explain it why it is but it brings tears to me eyes every time I see it. Whether it's at the Magic Kingdom or on youtube.

I hope it remains more of a fireworks show and less projection. We usually head out and watch from the poly beach to avoid the after show rush. I will miss being able to enjoy the show from afar if it goes to mostly projection

I hope it remains more of a fireworks show and less projection. We usually head out and watch from the poly beach to avoid the after show rush. I will miss being able to enjoy the show from afar if it goes to mostly projection
It's going to change this option without question. Even if it's got a lot of fireworks loosing the detail of the projections from any remote location will change the show. It won't be the same to watch from CG or Poly. While I love watching Wishes from the park I can admit that it doesn't loose much if you watch from Poly or CR, could even be said it's better at a distance. I don't think that will be the case any more.

I have very special memories of seeing Wishes so part of me is sad to see it go. However, things change and I am hopefully excited about the idea of a new show. I won't know my exact feelings on the replacement until I see it though.

Ho Yeah....... Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam was really Boring, To be honest.

I hope the new show will be better than wishes.

R.I.P Wishes 2003-2017 :sad:

It's going to change this option without question. Even if it's got a lot of fireworks loosing the detail of the projections from any remote location will change the show. It won't be the same to watch from CG or Poly. While I love watching Wishes from the park I can admit that it doesn't loose much if you watch from Poly or CR, could even be said it's better at a distance. I don't think that will be the case any more.

There goes the idea of seeing the party ones without a ticket. That was part of my musings earlier. We were going to cheat and try and see Christmas Wishes from the TTC later this year. I guess you at least be able to see the fireworks themselves. I just hope they don't go for the projection heavy shows.

Overall I'm happy. I love Wishes but I've seen it on every trip I've been on - I've never known MK without Wishes. I'm ready for something new! I'll miss it and feel nostalgic about it but I have plenty of recordings of it. If Wishes never changed everyone would start complaining that it was stale, that Disney doesn't try or want to spend the money. I think this is one of the few ways Disney actually acknowledges its repeat visitors and gets them to come back.

The only thing that makes me nervous is that if RoL was so poorly executed, is that going to become a pattern for Disney? Is this show going to be a step down from Wishes? I hope not, maybe RoL crashed and burned because they had a lot of people focusing on this, who knows? I look forward to hearing the reviews and seeing it for myself.

- Wishes is just the newest show at MK, so there is no reason it shouldn't move on to the next new show.
- The projections/fireworks etc are all things Disney is good at. ROL was new technology that Disney clearly wasn't able to master easily. And in the end couldn't pull off the full plan.

I'm curious on what this means for the parties.

I'm wondering if they will also go to this projection type show, as well.

The parties currently have projections and fireworks. This new show is not just projections. I would not be surprised if they updated the party shows especially since their current projections are pretty simplistic compared to their capability.

ETA - Nevermind, I read parties and thought Wishes Dessert Parties, not Halloween/Christmas parties. Carry on, ignore the crazy woman in the corner muttering to herself ;)

TOTALLY thought the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter