WISHES IS GONE (leaving in May)

Are they? I don't think anyone knows what will happen during parties.

The party projections are not good, they very well could do a super cool projection show with minimal fireworks just like Star Wars.
DPB stated the party shows are not changing.Screenshot_2017-02-15-19-26-12.png

From what I've read elsewhere on this thread which supposedly came from the DisneyParks blog - Holiday Wishes and Hallo Wishes remain the same. Frankly I think they'd replace all of them at the same time.

DPB stated the party shows are not changing.View attachment 220415

Yeah, pulled it up. Said nothing in blog (and I had not been back since comments started) but when someone asked they said will remain the same ........... well at least we know this year it will.

I LOVE the MNSSHP fireworks but I would much rather see some great projections with fireworks.

Last edited:
Pulled it up. Said nothing in blog (and I had not been back since comments started) but when someone asked they said will remain the same ........... well at least we know this year it will. I LOVE the MNSSHP fireworks but I would much rather see some great projections with fireworks.
They could update the projections without what would be considered a "change" to the show..same music, same fireworks, same idea for the projections - just better execution. It seems odd that they would upgrade the tech and then not upgrade the shows to go with it.

They could update the projections without what would be considered a "change" to the show..same music, same fireworks, same idea for the projections - just better execution. It seems odd that they would upgrade the tech and then not upgrade the shows to go with it.

Very odd. We have even stopped dealing with the crowds in front of the castle, the projections are just so outdated and not worth the hassle.

What a shame, we are big fan of Wishes. Hopefully the new show will be somewhat fresh and entertaining as Wishes. Oh well, I will still enjoy listening to Wishes at D-Cot.

I'm looking at the travel agent calendar for August and under Tuesday 8/29 it says Wishes none. Why would there be nothing that night???

https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDW_TAC_2017Aug.pdf

I know they are ending Wishes in May; however they are still calling the show Wishes throughout the calendar.

MK is schedule to close at 7 pm that night (at least as of now), and speculation is that it'll be a MNSSHP night (along with Aug 24 or 25, if I remember correctly)

Another Disney memory dashed to bits. This next show had better be a home run.

I'm one of the lucky folks whose upcoming trip coincides with the end of Wishes and the start of the new show. I know this might be hard to answer considering the last time the show changed was 14 years ago, but do you smart DISers expect crowds to be heavier during that last week? I'm wondering if we should stake a spot out even earlier than normal. We won't attend the very last show or the very first show but still... heavy crowds are a good assumption, right?

I'm so glad I got to see Wishes from Narcoossee's in January. Wishes was my must do every trip. Now, "A Galactic Spectacular" may have taken over that spot.

I'm one of the lucky folks whose upcoming trip coincides with the end of Wishes and the start of the new show. I know this might be hard to answer considering the last time the show changed was 14 years ago, but do you smart DISers expect crowds to be heavier during that last week? I'm wondering if we should stake a spot out even earlier than normal. We won't attend the very last show or the very first show but still... heavy crowds are a good assumption, right?
I would assume that yes, the last few showings of Wishes will be more crowded than normal

Nope, for me it was creepy. It reminded me of the girl in Poltergeist when she turns and says "they're here!"
I am so with you. :lmao: I can't stand the singing child. It's so grating & I cringe every time. The full chorus, though, is just beautiful.

I don't think people from out of town will plan trips around it, but I would assume there will be more local traffic (nostalgia seekers, those curious about the new show, bloggers), combined with more people in the park deciding to stay - especially if they run some kind of "see it before it ends!" or "new fireworks spectacular!" verbiage on the maps, etc.

This would be an occasion where, if the (cheaper) dessert party is in your budget, you might want to consider it.

There's no word on an evening parade returning

This makes me so sad. I hope that an evening parade returns at some point. It was the highlight of our trip.

I wish they wouldn't get rid of Wishes, so we'll probably book a quick trip to say bye. We're still irritated they got rid of the MK train welcome show!

This was the second favorite part of our trip. All of the "Good Mornings" put us in the best mood for a day at MK. We still love Disney, but I feel the magic slipping away from us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter