Wishes FP questions..

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We're considering FP'g Wishes just so we're not in the mass of people and getting stepped on/pushed and even hoping for a nice spot to just relax and see it from a different spot than we're used to. So here's my questions:

1. Where exactly is the FP standing area?
2. How do they prevent non FPers from gaining entrance, or they dont?
3. How close are you?

Thanks!

1. Two areas in the south end of the Hub.
2. The areas are "fenced/isolated" from the rest of the Hub.
Present your MB or ticket at entry point.
3. Close to what?
Good position to see Wishes & Celebrate the Magic.

MK-Hub-Keating-Robo_072615_zpskierlt9t.jpg

Last edited:
- see Robo's response. They're to each side of Main Street after you enter the hub facing the castle.

- your magic band is scanned to enter

3. How close are you?
- you're in the area in front of Plaza (east) or Casey's (west). Good location and pretty close, but not too close to where the effect would be ruined.

Suggestion: If you decide to FP Wishes (which I do suggest- we had a great viewing spot), give yourself LOTS of time to get there. We decided to make our way over from Liberty Square after the parade and getting to the fastpass area was about the worst experience we had our entire trip. I cannot even accurately describe the mass chaos of crowds in the area. People stop everywhere and block paths. In many areas, there was only a path about one person wide that was moving at all. Everyone else was dead stopped to see the parade. I assumed there would be passable paths to get to the FP viewing areas, but there were not. We gave ourselves the time from the end of the parade to get to the FP area, and we missed Celebrate the Magic, barely getting to the area in time for the fireworks. As you can see from the map, Liberty Square is right next to the castle. Still, not enough time. Insane.

1. Two areas in the south end of the Hub.
2. The areas are "fenced/isolated" from the rest of the Hub.
Present your MB or ticket at entry point.
3. Close to what?
Good position to see Wishes & Celebrate the Magic.

Do you find if you get there early you can just kind of sit and relax for a bit on a grassy spot? And close to the castle. =)

Suggestion: If you decide to FP Wishes (which I do suggest- we had a great viewing spot), give yourself LOTS of time to get there. We decided to make our way over from Liberty Square after the parade and getting to the fastpass area was about the worst experience we had our entire trip. I cannot even accurately describe the mass chaos of crowds in the area. People stop everywhere and block paths. In many areas, there was only a path about one person wide that was moving at all. Everyone else was dead stopped to see the parade. I assumed there would be passable paths to get to the FP viewing areas, but there were not. We gave ourselves the time from the end of the parade to get to the FP area, and we missed Celebrate the Magic, barely getting to the area in time for the fireworks. As you can see from the map, Liberty Square is right next to the castle. Still, not enough time. Insane.

Thanks for the tip - we're not parade people so we'll be avoiding that and just looking to get to the FP spot early and relax for a bit. =)

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but can anyone shed light on what it's like getting from the MSEP FP+ area to the Wishes FP+ area? And would it be better to FP+ the early MSEP and then get in position for Wishes FP+ or do Wishes FP+ and then go to FP+ area for later MSEP? Or is there even any need for a FP+ for the second MSEP? I've heard it's less crowded. I want to do MSEP and Wishes on the same night, Easter Sunday night, to be exact, and I want the best viewing possible for each. I don't do a lot of "headliner" rides, so I'm happy to use FP+s for these events.

TIA for any help.

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but can anyone shed light on what it's like getting from the MSEP FP+ area to the Wishes FP+ area? And would it be better to FP+ the early MSEP and then get in position for Wishes FP+ or do Wishes FP+ and then go to FP+ area for later MSEP? Or is there even any need for a FP+ for the second MSEP? I've heard it's less crowded. I want to do MSEP and Wishes on the same night, Easter Sunday night, to be exact, and I want the best viewing possible for each. I don't do a lot of "headliner" rides, so I'm happy to use FP+s for these events.

TIA for any help.
You can just walk straight up Main St to get to the Wishes FP area. No, you don't really need a FP for the later MSEP.

- see Robo's response. They're to each side of Main Street after you enter the hub facing the castle.

- your magic band is scanned to enter

3. How close are you?
- you're in the area in front of Plaza (east) or Casey's (west). Good location and pretty close, but not too close to where the effect would be ruined.

thank you!

TIA for any help.

We did the MSEP/Wishes FP+ combo last night (on a crowd level "2" day... and it was STILL a madhouse during those two hours, so I can't imagine on high-volume, or even average, days).

What I've seen recommended here (and what we did) is as soon as the last parade float goes by, hop onto main street and follow the back of the parade down the street to the Wishes FP+ area. It worked pretty well.

It seems like it would be pretty difficult getting from the one area to the other without doing this.

Do you find if you get there early you can just kind of sit and relax for a bit on a grassy spot? And close to the castle. =)

Yes.
Some folks show up as early as 2 hours before Wishes.
(Unnecessary)

I'd say 30-40 min. before will be fine.

We did the MSEP/Wishes FP+ combo last night (on a crowd level "2" day... and it was STILL a madhouse during those two hours, so I can't imagine on high-volume, or even average, days).

What I've seen recommended here (and what we did) is as soon as the last parade float goes by, hop onto main street and follow the back of the parade down the street to the Wishes FP+ area. It worked pretty well.

It seems like it would be pretty difficult getting from the one area to the other without doing this.
Okay, thanks (and you too, Boo Bear)! That sounds like a good plan.

Speaking of the parade, do you have a good view of it from the Wishes FP+ area?

Can you still stand on the "bridge"/walkway near Cosmic Rays, near the castle, to watch Wishes?

Can you still stand on the "bridge"/walkway near Cosmic Rays, near the castle, to watch Wishes?

That's the bridge to Fantasyland and not a very good place to watch.

You want the Hub-side of the bridge to Tomorrowland.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

We're considering FP'g Wishes just so we're not in the mass of people and getting stepped on/pushed and even hoping for a nice spot to just relax and see it from a different spot than we're used to. So here's my questions:

Thanks!

2. There are entrances to the areas where they scan your FP. The CMs are really good at catching people who try to go under and over the ropes and telling them where to go.

Yes.
Some folks show up as early as 2 hours before Wishes.
(Unnecessary)

I'd say 30-40 min. before will be fine.

With the crowds developing for the parade how hard will it be to get to the FP spot within the 30-40 minute range?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter