WiSHers attending the Last RFTT

Hey All! Just curious if anyone wanted to post their pace? I'll be lucky to get the 15 min pace. I'm planning to start off in a jog in the 13-15 min pacers but will most likely end up pulling off to the right w/ a brisk walk after the first quarter mile or so...

Do they sweep this race? Any experience? I know they CAN, but the question if they have done so in the past. I can keep a 15.30 pace and today my SIL and I did 15.06 pace for our 6 miler...the best yet, so I'm hoping on race day to be ok.

Stacie

Stacie, you will be fine, just line up as far forward as you can in your pace group. :goodvibes

I am hoping to be around 9:30 to 9:45 mpm pace for the race. I want to finish under 1 hour. Is there a fingers crossed smilie????:upsidedow

Stacie, don't worry too much. Like Lisa said just line up to the front of your expected pace and then pull off to the right when you need to walk.

I am hoping to keep about a 12min pace with a bit of jogging and alot of fast walking.

ONLY 14 days (actually a bit less) until the start of the race!!! :cool1:

Tracy

I've been so absent from the boards thanks to my crazy training schedule at my job, but that's settled down now and I just signed up for RFTT!! I can't wait!

Oh Lisa, I want to start with you! My last 10K was 1:06, but it was hilly and a warm day. How nice would it be to finish under an hour!

Depending on how wiped I am after my 10 mile race this coming weekend, it's hard to say what pace I'll be able to manage. I may need to "chillax" a little on the RFTT.

Ooh, good, pace chatter! My planned pace is about 12:30 and I generally run 2/walk 1.

I am definitely hoping to run into other WISHers who are moving at my pokey pace. :)

Corinna, my last 10K time was 1:00:18....:mad: You are more than welcome to line up with me and maybe we can break the 1 hour mark together. Although I might want to actually run first....:rolleyes1

So, since I waited way too long to make a decision about doing this race, there are no good room rates left. So we are booked at an off site hotel for the night of the 10th, Regal Sun Resort which is right across the street from DTD.

Ooh, good, pace chatter! My planned pace is about 12:30 and I generally run 2/walk 1.

I am definitely hoping to run into other WISHers who are moving at my pokey pace. :)

I will probably be doing a pace close to that. Usually for a 10k I run more of a 11:30 pace, but RFTT is a training run for the Mickey so I am slowing it down a bit. I hope we can meet up! And you live in sarasota? I am up north in Palm Harbor!

Corinna, my last 10K time was 1:00:18....:mad: You are more than welcome to line up with me and maybe we can break the 1 hour mark together. Although I might want to actually run first....:rolleyes1

Wow! You were so, so close!!! I will cross my fingers for good weather and good luck at the RFTT for you!

The more I think about it, the more I think breaking the 1 hour mark for me is pretty much wishful thinking at this point, especially given the 10 mile race I'm doing the Saturday before. :headache: Probably more realistic to think I'll be doing closer to 10mpm than 9:30, I'm afraid.

Amy - that's a bummer that all the good rates are gone. Regal Sun sounds very nice, though!

I can not believe how quickly this is coming up now!

Amy: I just recently stayed at the Regal Sun. It is a nice place. I was in the main tower on the top floor and had a great view of DTD. You have a very short walk over to DTD, so that will be nice.

Tracy

Tracy--That's to hear! I've heard from a few people that Regal Sun was pretty cool. And what can I say it was 60 something a night including tax!!

Allison--Based on my runs the past couple days I will be right there with you pacewise!

cohoe Well, from one 50-yr old Michigander to another, 'm sure we'll do great!

Maura

Hey all we are just about 9 days away (10 sleeps) from the RFTT!!! Hope everyone is getting excited!! (I know I am even if its just a 2 1/2 days vacation!):cool1:

Don't forget I think we all decided to meet at the Boardwalk Bakery on Saturday at 4:30pm

Weather so far as per Weather.com
Thurs. Sunny H90 L73
Fri. Scattered Thunderstorms 40% H90 L72
Sat. Scattered Thunderstorms 30% H88 L71

Of course this could all change.

-Racey Tracy

Hey everyone! I will be at RFTT. I haven't been on the boards too much lately, but I hope to meet up with you! See you all there! Oh I am staying at BWV and running the 10k.

Becky

I'll be there with my whole Spartan clan at AS-Music. I'm racing the 10K, and will most likely just take the buses from the All Star area.

Only 10 days left!

As usual at the last minute, Cheryl and I will be there. Staying off site at the Ramada Gateway 10/3-10/11, at a whopping $30 a night. Tough to beat...

Now to find my ears...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter