WiSHers attending the Last RFTT

1) I'm in.
2) Doing the 10K.
3) Staying at All Star Sports Fri-Mon (real early departure)
4) Magnolia
5) Prefer orange beans and Sharkies

Hi, everyone! Still not positive that I'll be racing, but am feeling more optimistic today than I have since I injured my knee on July 14.

It will be so wonderful to see everyone.

Howard and I will be doing the 10k. Arriving very late Friday night, October 9 and leaving early evening on Sunday, October 11. We are staying at Beach Club Villas, IIRC (guess I'd better check that).

Can't wait to see all of you!!! :grouphug:

ETA: EEEK!! Forgot to mention that I'd love to be a pretty pink dogwood tree but I'd much rather be in the locale of beautiful palm trees! ;)
And my favorite electrolyte product is orange sport beans (no Gu).

1) I'm in and so is DS20 Araishin (Chet).
2) Both doing the 10K.
3) Staying at Fort Wilderness in the "Ark".
4) Bald Cypress.
5) Scoobie snacks.

Chester
The Neander-runner

1) I'll be there
2) 10K
3) Staying at All Star Sports from Saturday to Monday
4) Maple and Oak trees
5) Black Cherry & Lemon lime shot blocks

1. Add me to the list!
2. I am doing the 10K.
3. AS Sports 10/9 to 10/12
4. Maple because they are so brilliant in the fall.
5. AccelGel orange.

1. I'm in!
2. 10k+ I always do more somehow.
3. Swan 10/8-12
4. Pine
5. Gu Roctane, and expresso love

Whoo Hoo! See you there!

1. I'm in and so is my sister :cool1:
2. 10k
3. All Star Music, Oct 10-12
4. I am just not a tree person ;)
5. Berry Blast Sharkies are the BEST!!! :banana:

Hello, Tracey!
DH and I are in for the 10K.
Staying at ASMovies.

Looking forward to seeing this great WISH group!!

:goodvibes Anne

Cant' wait to see everyone. Tried to jog .25 miles on Friday at 4.2 mph and ended up needing a transdermal medication for the severe pain. I keep telling myself I have 3+ weeks, but I'd much rather be training than doing PT on my knee. Really, really looking forward to this trip, though. :grouphug:

:hug: Cam!!! I hope your knee settles down soon. :hug: But I was ever so happy to spot you posting!!! :woohoo:

Thank you so much, Diane! I just posted this on another thread:

keenercam said:
My mileage plans for this weekend were severely altered when I attempted .25 miles at 4.2 mph on the TM on Friday at physical therapy. Not sure who was more frustrated - my PT because I tried it and ran through the pain? Or me because I couldn't pull off one step further? Ultimately, my little adventure required a transdermal dose of dexamethasone (not sure I spelled that right). So NOT comfortable and loved the red welts on both the application site and the "grounding" site. We did that again Saturday and today. My knee hurts right now, even just sitting still. I am getting very frustrated. Today is 2 months post-injury. This stinks. I see the ortho again on Wednesday. I am hoping he'll suggest a cortisone shot a few days before RftT and I can get through that.

Lynnda (crzy4pooh) and I will be doing it as well. We are just driving over really early in the morning to do the race and then will go back home, provided the driver doesn't fall asleep in the parking lot first.

Bill

Hi everyone, I'm signed up for the RFTT 10k! Staying at Pop Century. I love palm trees, vanilla Gu, and long walks on the beach. :flower3:

I've never done this race before but when I heard that this is the last year for it, I had to sign up! I'm a little nervous about it being Columbus Day weekend... in general I try to avoid the parks on holiday weekends. Do you think it's going to be crowded?

Anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm terrible about following through and meeting up with DIS people at these races... but maybe this will be the time that I finally overcome my shyness and say hello when I see you all in the green shirts.

Laura aka sunshine girl
:sunny:

Getting closer, training will be down for us as we are on vacation , but heck it is only 10K.

Hi everyone, I'm signed up for the RFTT 10k! Staying at Pop Century. I love palm trees, vanilla Gu, and long walks on the beach. :flower3:

I've never done this race before but when I heard that this is the last year for it, I had to sign up! I'm a little nervous about it being Columbus Day weekend... in general I try to avoid the parks on holiday weekends. Do you think it's going to be crowded?

Anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm terrible about following through and meeting up with DIS people at these races... but maybe this will be the time that I finally overcome my shyness and say hello when I see you all in the green shirts.

Laura aka sunshine girl
:sunny:

Saturday and Sunday I expect to be really busy. Before that not crazy and after that also not as crazy.

I've been in the same boat as you (Did 3 Disney Races before I finally came out of my shell), but went to the HUGE Pop meet over Marathon weekend and enjoyed myself. With this being a smaller group of Wishers I'm really excited. :thumbsup2

I got talked into this race by all of you crazies (and Karen and John mentioning cheap airfare on Spirit) so count me in for the last Rftt. :woohoo:

I'm coming solo for this trip which will be a first for me. Still trying to decide where to stay as all of the cheap All Star rooms are gone so I need to figure out if I should stay off property and rent a car or go for Caribbean Beach, I'd love opinions...

jbucci The room-only discount being offered for WDW was actually better than the rate shown for the race. I booked one night at POP at $74 vs the $83.

If you stay offsite, you could look at the Marriott Village properties over on Vineland. I have stayed there and found them very reliable. Check out Mousesavers.com for discounts. They had a rate (P50 code, I believe) that even included a $25/nt credit-which means you could pretty much eat free.

Maura

Saturday and Sunday I expect to be really busy. Before that not crazy and after that also not as crazy.

I've been in the same boat as you (Did 3 Disney Races before I finally came out of my shell), but went to the HUGE Pop meet over Marathon weekend and enjoyed myself. With this being a smaller group of Wishers I'm really excited. :thumbsup2

That is because you realized there were a couple of Parrot Heads amongst the crowd... :thumbsup2:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter