Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!

1669927816002.png

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:
MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Hosts:
12/5 - 12/11 ~ ShannyMcB
12/12 - 12/18 ~ Oneanne
12/19 - 12/25 ~ PAsFab5
12/26 - 1/1 ~ Summer2018

Last edited:
Intro:
I'm Summer, 58.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 63 & DD 25
Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school.
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.

December 2022 Goals...Stay on track and lose weight using NOOM; walk daily; forgive my missteps; learn from my mistakes; be flexible; practice self-care; handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

All of my pre-trip chores are done, with three hours to spare... I'll be calling for an Uber at noon! I am so happy I had already decided to Uber and not drive/park, because we got more snow over night, and I am just not a snow driver. It is going to be a big adjustment to go from this weather to the 80+ degrees at WDW, but I think I can adjust.

I had my appointment with my counselor yesterday and it helped me to solidify my intentions for the trip. I've done really well with the 'being in training' and 'getting ready' phases, now it is on to the 'doing it' phase. In March one of the things I struggled with was calming my brain, I was always 'what's next, what's after that', and it wasn't until the last evening that I settled down and was just there. So this time I am focusing on mentally and emotionally arriving when I physically arrive... and staying there. Meeting up with friends is also going to help me stay out of my head. I've gotten so much when I've been connected to other people, so it is blessing that this is going to be part of this trip.

Picture me smiling and waving to y'all from Main Street tomorrow!
1670000386465.png

Today I have DD's 504 plan meeting for school. I hate these meetings. There are years that I have fight to get stuff and I think this might be one of those years. DD get anxious (why she has the 504) when taking tests. If she feels she is not going to have enough time to finish a test she rushes and gets really anxious and then doesn't do good. These meeting brings out the anxiety in me. I got a letter from her therapist saying more time on tests would be helpful. I don't think she needs this for all tests as she does really good with English and Biology but AP US history and Geometry are giving her troubles. She has AP US History right after lunch and learn (the whole school has lunch for an hour. They are free to do what they would like but also can work with teachers if they need help. It is pretty nice for the kids that can handle the free time.) so I was thinking she could just go at the second half of lunch and learn. So no extra time to learn the material and will still be done at the same time as everyone else in the class. She also would not have time to tell others what is on the test. Geometry will be harder for that but we will figure that out. Wish me luck.

Yesterday I am thankful that the new boss I have (I have worked with her for about 10 years. She just got promoted) is a lot like the boss I have had for 14 years. He is still there. The new boss was an added position between the managers and the Chief of Scholarships (my boss for 14 years). I think she will bring a lot of new ideas too. She hasn't worked in my department but was part of the mentoring program that we work closely with.

WooHoo Wednesday -- I don't remember. I feel like that was so far away already. I am just going to say that I am woohooing that I only have 3 weeks before being off for 2.

Just back from the meeting. The councilor was really trying to get rid of the 504 plan. DD's biology teacher and the principle thankfully changed her tune. I didn't have to fight. The principle said that since she qualifies for the 504 we are not getting rid of it but can change it and told her that DD obviously needs the extra time on tests with going off of what DD told them in the meeting and what the teachers were saying. Her biology teacher said that she is good in her class but she could see where DD sees the time and how much she needs to do and then get anxious and rushes. She can tell by her face she DD gets anxious. She does have awesome teachers this year. So as of right now she will get extra time on tests including state tests, PSAT, SAT and ACT. The only class we are not sure on right now is AP US History. They need to check to make sure they will give her extra time on the big test in May. As long as they will she will get more time on tests in class. He just doesn't want her to get used to extra time and then not be able to have the time for the big test and then get even more stressed. I agree with him on this. I feel so much better after the meeting.

All of my pre-trip chores are done, with three hours to spare... I'll be calling for an Uber at noon! I am so happy I had already decided to Uber and not drive/park, because we got more snow over night, and I am just not a snow driver. It is going to be a big adjustment to go from this weather to the 80+ degrees at WDW, but I think I can adjust.

I had my appointment with my counselor yesterday and it helped me to solidify my intentions for the trip. I've done really well with the 'being in training' and 'getting ready' phases, now it is on to the 'doing it' phase. In March one of the things I struggled with was calming my brain, I was always 'what's next, what's after that', and it wasn't until the last evening that I settled down and was just there. So this time I am focusing on mentally and emotionally arriving when I physically arrive... and staying there. Meeting up with friends is also going to help me stay out of my head. I've gotten so much when I've been connected to other people, so it is blessing that this is going to be part of this trip.

Picture me smiling and waving to y'all from Main Street tomorrow!
View attachment 722707
Safe travels!

Day one is wrapping up. I’m currently sitting by a fountain in front of American Adventure waiting for Candlelight to start. We have a dinner package for it tomorrow, so tonight is just listening and soaking up the vibe.

It’s been a lovely day, already 100% better than any day last trip. Travels yesterday went smoothly and I got a room in the 50’s section, which is my favorite. I’ve eaten a lot of protein today, I’m counting on it to power me thru the coming days.

View attachment 722438

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:
MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Hosts:
12/5 - 12/11 ~ ShannyMcB
12/12 - 12/18 ~ Oneanne
12/19 - 12/25 ~
12/26 - 1/1 ~ Summer2018
Hello!!! Glad I finally found my way over here with my friends!! I can take 19-25!!!

Hey folks
Self care today was reading and I did a lot of it...was lovely. I had to work this weekend for an annual risk test...it's easy but occurs after midnight which is super annoying. So I didn't sleep much and am dragging now. But I have this upcoming Friday and next Monday off which will be nice...wrapping up Christmas shopping (pun sort of intended) and figuring out what I need for cookies and such.
Had a lovely night on Friday with a couple of my oldest friends and their respective partners. It was an awesome night even though we haven't hung out in years the comfort level within my dining room was off the charts. Such a needed night. Just before everyone got here I heard a little voice in the living room and walked in to hear DS7 singing "the most magical place on earth" song....how it got in his head I have no idea but it was adorable.

Day two is complete. 20,000 steps and every inch of my body is complaining about it. Spent all day with the girls… we did Guardians and OMG is it good! Tonight was Candlelight and we had wonderful seats. Tomorrow I’m taking the morning off then will head over to Studios around lunchtime.

I'm Linda an empty-nester from the Pacific Northwest.

My December goals are to not totally go off the rails when I'm at WDW later this month! I was watching a couple videos from Epcot and it looked like they had yummy food from festival of the holidays that would be just perfect. I have not done all the walking I said I would do before the trip. Oh well, I never really do and it's always fine! Yesterday I walked 300 steps. :rolleyes1 I also stayed in bed until 1:00. Stupid covid booster! But so glad I got it.

I need to get back on track with the o'dark thirty yoga every morning. This should be easier since DH will finish up working and be back to being retired. I knew I could always sleep in until he got up and still be fine getting to work. Now, I'll just have to get up because there will be no "second" alarm!

Hi, I am Stephanie from Northeast Ohio. I am married with 2 kids (DD15 and DS 16). My goals for this month will be to walk for 20 minutes a day. It is not going well though. The newest stretches the PT has me doing has hurt my back. Monday and Tuesday were bad so I didn't do the stretches Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and was doing much better so I did them on Saturday and have been in a lot of pain since. Even with advil. It was a rough night of sleep. I go again this after noon and will talk to her about it. Until then I am just trying to not bend or twist and to sit very still at my computer.

Late morning this morning. Fortunately my body has recovered from yesterday better than I thought it would. Currently sitting in the POP food court, just finished breakfast and some online Christmas shopping. Headed over the DHD in a bit, aiming for the 12:30 showing of Frozen Ever After. We have a 3:50 ADR at SciFi today, should be fun. Only thing really on my must do list today is to see the holiday decor after dark.

TOPIC TUESDAY
Let's exercise our brains a bit. :scratchin

Think of a Christmas Carol or other seasonal song and change the words of the title so it still has the same meaning but will require some thought to identify...let's see who can figure out your song! Post the actual song title Wednesday with your woowhoo!

Here is an example of what I mean:
Small child tis Frigid Alfresco

The answer I would post on Wednesday:
Baby it's cold outside

Morning everyone!!

Oh this is a good topic @ShannyMcB!

I’m not very good at these things but I will give it a try:
Far away in a barn

I hope everyone had a good start to the week. It was cool but sunny here yesterday so I really pushed myself to take quick walks around the block-got 4 times around so 2 miles which is good. Also did a YouTube workout on my lunch break so I was feeling pretty good!

It will be raining all day today so no outdoor time for me unfortunately.

Everyone have a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter