Winner announced! Build a ride competition!

Does the ride have to be continuous all the way through the room? Or can it stop at one point and people walk to the other? Some of my actual rides are short, and I'm afraid the room won't fully load before a person exits if there isn't a break.

Does the ride have to be continuous all the way through the room? Or can it stop at one point and people walk to the other? Some of my actual rides are short, and I'm afraid the room won't fully load before a person exits if there isn't a break.

This is a personal choice....most rides are continuous, but some builders want people to stay in their rooms a while. As long as there is a clear path to the start piece, I would say it's fine to have a break in the ride. :) There is another alternative...I have done this myself. Use start pieces in a row and people will 'walk' through your rooms. It slows everyone down long enough for your room to load, yet doesn't make them have to click anything to continue on your ride. Just an alternative. :)

I have (I think...) seven teleporters already! This is awesome! Keep up the good work, Peeps! Woot!

Bumping this up! I have 9 teleporters, so far. Keep them coming! I'll accept them through this Sunday and then I will open the teleporter hub so everyone can ride them! Woot!

I finally got going here! Built 2 of my 5 rooms. Just took me forever to figure out what I am doing.

Now that I am off to the races, I just really suggest you all quit. You dont stand a chance!!!

I am moving along...thanks to the extraordinary generousity of so many DIS pals!

I have one room finished and parts of the other two.

I have a question about linking rooms: Should I leave my first room so that you just walk in and click on the ride start? Or, I could make that room accessible from a teleporter in my Main Street Cafe -- which is not part of the ride.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Also, a question about the teleporter that Mimi needs to collect for judging: Is the other end of that teleporter supposed to be in my room #1?

Thanks for your help.

I finally got going here! Built 2 of my 5 rooms. Just took me forever to figure out what I am doing.

Now that I am off to the races, I just really suggest you all quit. You dont stand a chance!!!
:scared1:
I am moving along...thanks to the extraordinary generousity of so many DIS pals!

I have one room finished and parts of the other two.

I have a question about linking rooms: Should I leave my first room so that you just walk in and click on the ride start? Or, I could make that room accessible from a teleporter in my Main Street Cafe -- which is not part of the ride.

I'd appreciate any opinions.

Also, a question about the teleporter that Mimi needs to collect for judging: Is the other end of that teleporter supposed to be in my room #1?

Thanks for your help.

You can link your rooms any way you wish. I've done both. :)

Yup! My teleporter should take me into your ride's first room. It doesn't have to connect directly to the ride, just gets me there.

One more note to everyone: Please make sure all of your ride rooms are open to everyone. Can't see them if they're locked. heh

Uh uh, not doing it! I completed mine already, and I've already seen Fly's furry friend in hers. Nope, we are sticking around to make you work real hard!:rotfl:
Kim

Suddenly realised, I haven't actually posted up here that I'm entering! Oops! :blush:

So here I go: Hey everyone, I'm entering! :rotfl:

Goofy, I'm just trying to figure out where to put my teleporter, then I'll be getting it's sibling to you ASAP. I may put it in my Treasure Cave, instead of the same room as the ride start, so that things look nicer. :goodvibes

Thank you for organising the competition, it should be good fun!

Ok well when i was in your room u said i can join so here is my entry luckily i got the perfect idea and i hope u enjoy it :)

Suddenly realised, I haven't actually posted up here that I'm entering! Oops! :blush:

So here I go: Hey everyone, I'm entering! :rotfl:

Goofy, I'm just trying to figure out where to put my teleporter, then I'll be getting it's sibling to you ASAP. I may put it in my Treasure Cave, instead of the same room as the ride start, so that things look nicer. :goodvibes

Thank you for organising the competition, it should be good fun!

Your teleporter is your entry, no need to post. I'll list everyone who has given me their teleporter after close of vmk Sunday, May 4th. The teleporter hub will be open to everyone on Monday, so your friends can enjoy the wonderful rides you've all worked so hard on!
Woot!

Mimi, I'm confused. :confused:
If I give you a teleporter into the first room is that what goes into the hub room? Because I placed that teleporter in an out of the way spot and it would be inconvenient to get on my ride from there. So do I really need to start that first room from the connection to the hub teleporter? Right now you would just enter that room and then click on the ride to start. The teleporter is way off in another corner out of sight.

Okay! Last day to enter!
Anyone who wants in on this, please send me a pm with a time to meet on vmk to give me a teleporter. PLEASE, when you give me a time, don't pm me saying "I'm on now" because I probably won't get your message until an hour later. Try giving me a time before you'll be on.
Thanks!

Here is a list of those who have entered, so far. There is still time to get your ride entered!

All names are VMK names:

1. Capt.Walrus
2. supermokey
3. Captain_Mouse
4. FlyingPegasus
5. Aengus
6. Aimbeir
7. hobowendy
8. PrincessAveri
9. Neuu
10. Nenob
11. Pirate_Apples
12. SoupDragon
13. Tigerbella
14. ActaFool
15. illusionistic
16. RikiStarlet

Good luck, everyone! I will post as to when everyone else can come visit your rides. I'll start opening the Dis Teleporter Room on Monday.

Thanks for organizing all this!! :goodvibes

I won't be home until approx. 4pm Mtn time on Monday... so if you start this up earlier than that, I ll try to logon asap to get my rooms up and running!

Thank you again for organising this! Just so people know, to get to my room, you need to go through the boat teleporter once you get to the Treasure Cave. There's a picture with the name 'Pirates in Ice' above it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter