Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many owners will take reservations a day or two before if they have availability. They are also starting a 'last minute' booking thread on the face book page and many owners posted listings for the next day and what they have in February. You can also check the big sites to see who appears to allow last minute bookings (by looking for availability starting tomorrow.) I know for my listing I had to opt in to allow a next day booking but to be honest, I've never thought to search by that on the big sites so maybe there is a filter for that!
Ok. Perfect. I’m a member of the FB group but feel more comfortable posting here for now!

Very excited to be heading down again towards the end of March to tour properties! We fell in love with Windsor Hills when we stayed in December and are curious to learn even more about ownership. We will be touring Windsor Hills and Encore. Does anyone know anything about Encore? I have only seen it online and it looks pretty different from Windsor Hills. Would love to hear opinions. Thanks!

So we decided to do a last minute trip for a month in March/April. I haven't been able to find anything, specifically a house in Windsor Hills that I like. Since we're going to be there a month I wanted to get a house but using the Windsor Hills private rental site a lot of people don't have their info on there. So I did manage to find a house in Windsor Palms. I know it's 'further from Disney' than WH but we will be there a month. Has anyone on the boards here stayed at WP? I know it's an older resort without the water park, but my kids have stopped using that anyways.

Has anyone stayed at Windsor hills without a rental car? Just depending on Uber Lyft etc?

I am thinking about changing our Easter week reservation to a condo rental at Windsor Hills. We don’t need a house and I like the idea of a balcony in the mornings and evening. My only concern is the clubhouse pool capacity. I assume the rules are that you can take off masks at the pool so the expectation is social distancing? Are the number of guests allowed in the pool area limited? Do I need to be concerned that the pool will reach “capacity” and we will be turned away? We have a 10 night trip planned with 5 park days and 4 pool days planned. I like the proximity to the parks and the price that WH offers, but I want to know that we will have access to the pool. Does anyone know how the pools have been and whether I need to be concerned about capacity limits over Easter week?
Thanks!

Does anyone know how the pools have been and whether I need to be concerned about capacity limits over Easter week?

Hi haPevraftr
I held off answering your concerns hoping you would get several exceptional answers, but that was not to be and now you are stuck with me.
Your concerns about Easter Week, seems to need someone that is clairvoyant. Of course Peen of Peen & Teller fame always says “There is no such thing as psychic’s mediums or clairvoyants” and I don’t clam any be any of those anyway. After checking with Windsor Hills “sorta-kinda” in the know folks; any ones guess is as good as anyone else’s guess.

Bookings are running high for Easter Week. It sounds like the number of pool chairs has been reduced, in order to meet current spacing requirements. The main pool is very large so you may find some areas less busy than areas close to the main lounge-chair area. The not a water park (ie Splash pool on steroids) will most likely be very busy.

Bottom-Line; Expect the Clubhouse and Pool Complex to be busy, but hopefully; reasonably usable. Face mask are only required in the Welcome Center & Guest Services area, but you can wear your mask if you feel uncomfortable if other guest are not complying to spacing rules.

OBTW: Everyone in your group will need to pickup there wrist bands to have access to the Clubhouse & Pool complex.
...G'day
...Pulsar

Hi haPevraftr
I held off answering your concerns hoping you would get several exceptional answers, but that was not to be and now you are stuck with me.
Your concerns about Easter Week, seems to need someone that is clairvoyant. Of course Peen of Peen & Teller fame always says “There is no such thing as psychic’s mediums or clairvoyants” and I don’t clam any be any of those anyway. After checking with Windsor Hills “sorta-kinda” in the know folks; any ones guess is as good as anyone else’s guess.

Bookings are running high for Easter Week. It sounds like the number of pool chairs has been reduced, in order to meet current spacing requirements. The main pool is very large so you may find some areas less busy than areas close to the main lounge-chair area. The not a water park (ie Splash pool on steroids) will most likely be very busy.

Bottom-Line; Expect the Clubhouse and Pool Complex to be busy, but hopefully; reasonably usable. Face mask are only required in the Welcome Center & Guest Services area, but you can wear your mask if you feel uncomfortable if other guest are not complying to spacing rules.

OBTW: Everyone in your group will need to pickup there wrist bands to have access to the Clubhouse & Pool complex.
...G'day
...Pulsar
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I did end up renting a condo thanks to this thread and the Windsor Hills Private rentals (and some cross referencing with VRBO and also checking Zillow making sure that our rental isn’t currently for sale ). The owners referred me to the Welcome Center and I called them directly to ask my pool questions. I was told as you mentioned that there is no pool capacity limits that would prevent us from entering and masks are expected in the clubhouse. I assume just like any other holiday season, we will just need to arrive early to secure pool chairs.

I do have another question. My brother and his family might join us for a picnic lunch as a break from Animal Kingdom midday. Is there available parking near the castle playground or will we need to walk there? Being in the condos (and trying to take a theme park break) might make walking there more than we want to do with 4 kids under the age of 8. My own kids are teenagers so we chose our condo location based on the other amenities, but the little nieces and nephews would enjoy the playground.
Thanks!

So we decided to do a last minute trip for a month in March/April. I haven't been able to find anything, specifically a house in Windsor Hills that I like. Since we're going to be there a month I wanted to get a house but using the Windsor Hills private rental site a lot of people don't have their info on there. So I did manage to find a house in Windsor Palms. I know it's 'further from Disney' than WH but we will be there a month. Has anyone on the boards here stayed at WP? I know it's an older resort without the water park, but my kids have stopped using that anyways.
We were down last month looking at buying a townhome in WP, WH and a place called Paradise Palms. WP is similar to WH. They are around same age and the layouts are same. WH seems larger as a resort and has the water slides stuff. But WP has the neat outside Tikki bar. We wanted to buy in WP but the 2 we looked at there were dumpy. We ended up going into contract on one in WH but then the appraisal came in $9K under what we were paying. The drive to WDW difference is like 2 minutes. Just read the reviews on the place you rent because we found many units to need some work. The one we were buying looked cute but inspection found the AC not to work at all and there was a water leak behind the fridge (ice maker line) and one under the sink. All the appliances and HVAC and hot water heater and the pool equipment was original (15 years on). And seems many owners don't replace stuff since they are just renting and not there very often (many are in Brazil or UK so they haven't been able to get there in over a year).

Paradise Palms was newer and nicer and more updated (granite counters and the such, plus have 4 bedrooms in townhomes). But they are like 5 mins farther drive to WDW. Though there is a secret new back way so you don't have to hit 192. They also have a tiki bar and lots of nice beautiful amenities. We tried to offer on a place there but got outbid. They are a tad more than we really can afford right now.

Now we are looking at Encantada. Cause many of them have hot tubs on the lanais. We would rather a hot tub than a pool (WH towns all have pools as do PP, where WP has pools or just empty lanai with nothing). Some at Encantada have the pools. But we feel it's another expense and thing to take care of so we'd rather not buy one with a pool. Unless we knew it was kept up and running. SOme reviews of the WH town that we were buying said the pool wasn't working or the heat to the pool wasn't working so it concerned us. Hence, anyone renting or buying should read the reviews (and they might be listed for rent on various sites).

WOuld love anyone's input on Encantada.

For those folks looking to buy a place in WH/WP etc., do you have a realtor you would recommend? For those who already own, do you have a management company you would recommend?

What is the Formosa Gardens Winery (blanking on the name) like? Are there outside areas to sip/taste/explore? Thanks!

We were down last month looking at buying a townhome in WP, WH and a place called Paradise Palms. WP is similar to WH. They are around same age and the layouts are same. WH seems larger as a resort and has the water slides stuff. But WP has the neat outside Tikki bar. We wanted to buy in WP but the 2 we looked at there were dumpy. We ended up going into contract on one in WH but then the appraisal came in $9K under what we were paying. The drive to WDW difference is like 2 minutes. Just read the reviews on the place you rent because we found many units to need some work. The one we were buying looked cute but inspection found the AC not to work at all and there was a water leak behind the fridge (ice maker line) and one under the sink. All the appliances and HVAC and hot water heater and the pool equipment was original (15 years on). And seems many owners don't replace stuff since they are just renting and not there very often (many are in Brazil or UK so they haven't been able to get there in over a year).

Paradise Palms was newer and nicer and more updated (granite counters and the such, plus have 4 bedrooms in townhomes). But they are like 5 mins farther drive to WDW. Though there is a secret new back way so you don't have to hit 192. They also have a tiki bar and lots of nice beautiful amenities. We tried to offer on a place there but got outbid. They are a tad more than we really can afford right now.

Now we are looking at Encantada. Cause many of them have hot tubs on the lanais. We would rather a hot tub than a pool (WH towns all have pools as do PP, where WP has pools or just empty lanai with nothing). Some at Encantada have the pools. But we feel it's another expense and thing to take care of so we'd rather not buy one with a pool. Unless we knew it was kept up and running. SOme reviews of the WH town that we were buying said the pool wasn't working or the heat to the pool wasn't working so it concerned us. Hence, anyone renting or buying should read the reviews (and they might be listed for rent on various sites).

WOuld love anyone's input on Encantada.

Would you mind sharing which one in WH you were under contract on? We are also considering buying and want to make sure we don't pick the same one!

Would you mind sharing which one in WH you were under contract on? We are also considering buying and want to make sure we don't pick the same one!
It already sold again. It was on Sir Kaufmann. There are only 2 now listed and priced high. The Fitzclarence looks lovely but has been sitting there a while. Not sure why? Gotta look at HVAC, pool equipment, appliances, flooring, hot water heater and the like. Most are original and have issues. I can chat via PM or email or FB message if you like. I have lots of info collected. My good friend closed on one (end unit on Maneshaw) recently. ANd I have been chatting with 2 other ladies who just bought as well. It is a very friendly community.

It already sold again. It was on Sir Kaufmann. There are only 2 now listed and priced high. The Fitzclarence looks lovely but has been sitting there a while. Not sure why? Gotta look at HVAC, pool equipment, appliances, flooring, hot water heater and the like. Most are original and have issues. I can chat via PM or email or FB message if you like. I have lots of info collected. My good friend closed on one (end unit on Maneshaw) recently. ANd I have been chatting with 2 other ladies who just bought as well. It is a very friendly community.
We stayed at an end unit on Maneshaw over Xmas and it was for sale! Wonder if it was the same one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter