Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh no - I see that the unit we rented is listed for sale! I'm worried now that showings might happen while we are there. Advice?

Typically they will not show the house when it is occupied by a guest. But confirm in your contract the rules in which they can enter the house while you are renting in it. I looked at many places that were rentals and I had to work around their rental schedule. Realtors weren't allowed to show the house when a guest occupied it. Not sure if that's an official regulation, but it is definitely the standard.

Each condo/townhome/home is individually owned and managed. You will need to get your specific instructions from the company/individual you rented from to enter the home but many have locks with a code that you are given prior to arrival.

One thing that is the same is guest registration and entering the community:
1. Home owner enters guest information (names of people driving vehicles) prior to arrival.
2. QR code email sent to guest (note - if this isn't sent to you but the owner registered you, all is ok!)
3. Enter via Old Lake Wilson Road and use the left lane for first time guest entry.
4. Show the gate attendant your drivers license & email or paper QR code.
5. Gate attendant takes your license & if you have it, the paper or your phone, to the computer to verity and enter your data.
6. Gate attendant will give you back your items plus a gate pass to use during your stay.
7. Use the paper pass to access the community for the rest of your stay.
8. When re-entering, use the right lane for returning guests and scan your pass at the machine which will open the gate. Sometimes a gate attendant will assist with scanning so don't be concerned if they are standing there waiting to help!
Wow! Having this visual is SO helpful for me! Thank you!

Typically they will not show the house when it is occupied by a guest. But confirm in your contract the rules in which they can enter the house while you are renting in it. I looked at many places that were rentals and I had to work around their rental schedule. Realtors weren't allowed to show the house when a guest occupied it. Not sure if that's an official regulation, but it is definitely the standard.
OK - management company is saying it will not be shown.

Oh no - I see that the unit we rented is listed for sale! I'm worried now that showings might happen while we are there. Advice?

I had to make four separate trips down on my recent house hunting journey just to work around occupied units. There were a couple that I wanted to see but never got into. The agents confirm occupancy with the management company.

I was thinking it might be fun to rent at Windsor Hills for our Universal vacation. Has anyone stayed at WH for a visit to Universal? How was it? Also, it is only myself, DH and DD (who will be 9 by the time we travel). Is renting a condo/townhome really not the best for such a small party? My DD thought it would be fun and we liked the idea of our own pool!

I was thinking it might be fun to rent at Windsor Hills for our Universal vacation. Has anyone stayed at WH for a visit to Universal? How was it? Also, it is only myself, DH and DD (who will be 9 by the time we travel). Is renting a condo/townhome really not the best for such a small party? My DD thought it would be fun and we liked the idea of our own pool!
If you're just going to Universal, you may want to also check out Vista Cay - it's very close to Universal. The 3br condos are very similar to WH. I don't know if any of the units have their own pools, though, and the pool by the clubhouse is very nice but doesn't have a water slide.

Hi SwanVT2
I understand your hesitation to stay in Windsor Hills for a vacation based on UOR, being that it is your primary destination of your plans. I have been to UOR every time I have stayed in Windsor Hills but never with it being my only planned Theme Park Resort to visit. My plans for all theme park days is to be there for rope drop, but getting everyone up and out the door on time almost never happens. I may be lucky because my morning weekday trips to Universal have been rather reasonable, considering early morning I4 rush hour traffic. All of my Central Florida trips have been in the US 192 corridor both East & West of I4 and many were well before UOR located in Florida. OBTW: The Condos in Windsor Hills would be the best fit for a family of 3 and building 8 is the closest to the pool complex.
I have researched for Resort Community Home sites somewhat near UOR and it looks like Vista Cay area is the only Resort Community in the UOR area.
G’day
Pulsar

Last edited:

I visit Universal when I stay at WH and like Pulsar, I make sure to schedule the drive accordingly so I don't hit the rush hour traffic. And also like Pulsar, I'm visiting Disney parks as well so staying at WH for the location still makes more sense than staying closer to downtown Orlando. I also like a quick getaway to Tampa which is easier from WH than downtown Orlando.

As for a pool...ok, don't laugh...I am a townhome owner and didn't get into my pool (my OWN pool) until 15 months after I bought it!! And when I finally did, it was fabulous! My family always enjoys it while we visit but I hadn't realized how nice it was to relax in my own pool after a park day, especially a hot park day. The townhomes have more of a splash pool so you aren't going to be able to do any laps, but it is still relaxing and enjoyable to cool off, dive for rings, and throw around some splash balls.

As for which to choose for 3 people - a condo or townhome - it will depend on you and your family. Condos are all on one level, tend to be less to rent, and are the closest to the main pool & slides. All the townhomes are two levels, have a splash pool, and are walking distance to the main pool.

Good luck, and have fun!

I visit Universal when I stay at WH and like Pulsar, I make sure to schedule the drive accordingly so I don't hit the rush hour traffic. And also like Pulsar, I'm visiting Disney parks as well so staying at WH for the location still makes more sense than staying closer to downtown Orlando. I also like a quick getaway to Tampa which is easier from WH than downtown Orlando.

As for a pool...ok, don't laugh...I am a townhome owner and didn't get into my pool (my OWN pool) until 15 months after I bought it!! And when I finally did, it was fabulous! My family always enjoys it while we visit but I hadn't realized how nice it was to relax in my own pool after a park day, especially a hot park day. The townhomes have more of a splash pool so you aren't going to be able to do any laps, but it is still relaxing and enjoyable to cool off, dive for rings, and throw around some splash balls.

As for which to choose for 3 people - a condo or townhome - it will depend on you and your family. Condos are all on one level, tend to be less to rent, and are the closest to the main pool & slides. All the townhomes are two levels, have a splash pool, and are walking distance to the main pool.

Good luck, and have fun!
Thanks! This is helpful. Do you stay at Vista Cay? Where you do you rent a car from? If we can get vaccinated before June (DH and I both work in a school), I'd love to go right when school gets out. I don't think DH will like renting a car, but I can offer to drive. It is that or stay on Universal property, or rent at OKW through Disney Vacation Store, which we have done before..but again, will need a car rental to get to Universal. I am all over the place here, I know. It was my DD (8) who was like let's rent a vacation home! I think she sees YouTubers with vacation homes, ha ha!

Thanks! This is helpful. Do you stay at Vista Cay? Where you do you rent a car from? If we can get vaccinated before June (DH and I both work in a school), I'd love to go right when school gets out. I don't think DH will like renting a car, but I can offer to drive. It is that or stay on Universal property, or rent at OKW through Disney Vacation Store, which we have done before..but again, will need a car rental to get to Universal. I am all over the place here, I know. It was my DD (8) who was like let's rent a vacation home! I think she sees YouTubers with vacation homes, ha ha!

I have never stayed at Vista Cay. I have stayed onsite at Universal but typically I'm at Windsor Hills, a Disney resort, or one of the 3 Hiltons near Disney Springs. One of the nice things about staying at WH or any vacation home is that you have a shared space for your traveling party only and don't share the same ventilation system (even condos have their own HVAC.) And if you want to see people, you can always go to the community center and pool/waterpark. I enjoy taking walks and saying a safe hello to other fellow travelers. I am also a townhome owner at Windsor Hills which is why I have a lot of information about the community.

I've found Alamo to be the least expensive rental car that is available at MCO without a shuttle. I got a tip from another WH visitor to use Costco for car rentals as they have good discounts and allow for a free second driver through any of the companies they use. I decided to get a membership for $60 per year and my rental car went from $450 to $260 for 10 days! You can check Costco prices without having a membership.

Have fun planning!

What are your favorite places that offer safe outside dining options near Windsor Hills?

I like the dining establishments at Sunset Walk. There are more of them but these are the ones I've eaten at so far - Bento, BurgerFi, El Jefe, Ford's garage, and Yeoman's Cask & Lion.

I also tried a couple spots in Celebration recently. It is a lovely area and atmosphere.

Silly question...Can renters at WH receive packages? If we order stuff from Amazon or a meal-prep kit like Hello Fresh will they bring it to the house? I ask because we've stayed places where this wasn't possible.

Silly question...Can renters at WH receive packages? If we order stuff from Amazon or a meal-prep kit like Hello Fresh will they bring it to the house? I ask because we've stayed places where this wasn't possible.

Yes! You can receive deliveries from Amazon, FedEx, and UPS. They are able to access the community and drop packages at the front door.

Note the United States Postal Service does not deliver there. Some homeowners have their mail forwarded to their primary address and if not, deliveries from USPS will be returned to the sender.

Planning out NYE. Will driving up and back to a restaurant on International Drive have a lot of traffic? Also, what is the ICON park area like? Do you park and walk around?

OK - management company is saying it will not be shown.
I am looking at buying (coming down soon to tour listings at Windsor Palms and Hills) and our realtor told us we cannot tour a unit that is currently rented out. That we have to grab a time between rental bookings.

I am looking at buying (coming down soon to tour listings at Windsor Palms and Hills) and our realtor told us we cannot tour a unit that is currently rented out. That we have to grab a time between rental bookings.

I bought my WH townhome sight unseen (except for photos.) First time I walked in was after closing. I've looked at both the WP & WH townhomes and I think what is most key is checking out the community and then touring ANY of the available units that would look like yours (for a home, that might be more difficult to find a similar layout available to tour but you could look at any townhome.) WP & WH were built by the same builders and the townhomes are almost the same (the big exception is how they built the laundry.)

Good luck - I hope you are able to tour the communities and see some units similar to the ones you want to buy!

Planning out NYE. Will driving up and back to a restaurant on International Drive have a lot of traffic? Also, what is the ICON park area like? Do you park and walk around?
I have only driven on International Drive in the “tourist area” once and it must have been over 10 years ago and the evening traffic was slow and bumper to bumper. I doubt the traffic situation has improved with so many major new entertainment venues that have been added to the area. You can’t miss seeing The Wheel at ICON Park (400 feet tall) long before you are even close to ICON Park. This area is packed with attractions, restaurants and many tourists attracting venues. Places like Madame Tussauds Orlando, SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium and of course the Orlando StarFlyer (world’s tallest swing ride attraction standing at 450 feet). OBTW their is a parking deck that severs this area. Please post a picture of you from the top of the Orlando StarFlyer. :thumbsup2
.......................................................................For more information click this... LINK
G’day
Pulsar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!