Will you pay $150 for the new "Disney After Dark" event in the MK?

Would you spend $150 on your next trip for the Disney after Dark event?

• Yes

Votes: 66 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 953 87.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 75 6.9%

• Total voters
If this implemented for both morning and evening EMH (and I think it will), we will no longer purchase the park hopper. As a matter of fact, a beach trip is looking better than our WDW trip in June. We can lay and play on the beach for free!

Details are starting to come out on the new MK event "Disney After Dark".

Cost is $149. You get early entry to the event (7 PM?) with 3 hours in the park after it closes. The idea is that lines will be short. Free snacks and beverages.

More details in HopperFan's post 743 in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ne...event-announced.3494480/page-38#post-55403301

Will you pay the money to go?
Disney after dark is kind of like rope drop.

Except at rope drop I need to bring my own snacks but it doesn't cost money.

No thanks.

I thought I read that people could check in at 7 pm. This gives the event an entirely different cost IMO. I still would not take my family because we cant stay out till midnight on party nights, but for those who can, well this may be the answer

I clicked "unsure." If they announce once for the week we will be there in July, I'd consider it based on the reports in April!

I thought I read that people could check in at 7 pm. This gives the event an entirely different cost IMO. I still would not take my family because we cant stay out till midnight on party nights, but for those who can, well this may be the answer

Would you not have AP's or a multi-day ticket already?

No way.
It would cost $1200 for my family.
For $1200 I could add six more nights to our rental house and turn our 5-day passes into 10 day passes. Even if we only went a few hours each of those extra 5 days the ROI would be much better than this.

And I would have plenty of money left over for mickey bars and Coca-Cola.
I totally agree. ROI on this is not worth it for me. I would rather pay the 70-90 dollars for the Halloween party than 150 for this.

Have they released party prices for this year yet? ;)
I actually don't think those will go up at all or very much. I believe this new After Hours Party to be more limited in the amount of people they will allow to book while the Mickey Parties seem to allow for a much larger audience. I honestly wouldn't pay 150 for either party.

Disney also lost a customer at Christmas. My family loved the Osborne lights and that made the trip worth it for my mother. She will no longer come at the holidays given the changes at DHS. I hope they do something in the future to supplement the Osborne lights in the parks or elsewhere on property.

Would you not have AP's or a multi-day ticket already?

I think that not everyone buys annual passes and their multi day passes may only be 3 or 4 day passes. I think this may be like Harambe nights, and see no real down side yet.

I see that Disney may be adding early morning access and that it seems to be attached to dining. For people who need to make the most of their time, this may be a really good investment for them.
Folks who are limited with the length of time they will be in the World, and who have the stamina ( I do not) late nights at a premium that promise access to popula attractions will be a good answer. For folks like me, who like early mornings, if the cost was right, I might pay for breakfast (I already do) if we can get the popular attractions without a FP taken care of before the crowds.

It also may backfire on DIsney. Look at the after hours at Epcot. Granted there were no attractions open but IIRC, teh whle thing was a bust.

I clicked "unsure." If they announce once for the week we will be there in July, I'd consider it based on the reports in April!

You'll hear great things about April, because no one will be doing it with such short notice. You'll hear about riding the Mine Train 15 times in a row with no wait. Then, when you do it in July, you and 20,000 of your closest friends will be looking for those same non-existent lines the April crowd experienced and you'll be lucky to wait less than 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, Disney will be dancing all of the way to the bank.

As long as you can still buy extra tickets and associate them with extra MDE accounts for extra FP+, I will continue to go this route. If that is no longer possible, I might consider this. I don't mind paying extra for more rides. I just hate that the hours are so late, as I am usually in bed by 10PM, even on vacation. I am an early bird, not a night owl.

Not a chance! I will continue to use the free late EMH and if they do away with that, I will cut back on our trips (and sell some more of our DVC points, already sold some).

I just don't get who their audience is for this? At least with the Xmas / Halloween parties the ticket gets you 5 hours after park close and unique themeing and experiences making it arguably worth it for those with park tickets. This is far more expensive, only 3 hours, and seems very little different than a normal day other than a few bucks of free ice cream. If you were a local without an annual pass - or visiting other Orlando parks and just wanted 1 day at Disney, this may be good for you but I just don't see how anyone with park tickets justifies this. Just glad they're not closing the parks early.
I don't think this new offering is aimed at the typical Dis-er, whatever exactly that is! This seems to be aimed at a younger demographic, with no kids, plenty of disposable income but tight on vacation time. If you fit that description and love Disney like the rest of us, this may be just the ticket (pun intended).

You'll hear great things about April, because no one will be doing it with such short notice. You'll hear about riding the Mine Train 15 times in a row with no wait. Then, when you do it in July, you and 20,000 of your closest friends will be looking for those same non-existent lines the April crowd experienced and you'll be lucky to wait less than 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, Disney will be dancing all of the way to the bank.

Take that to the bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter