Will you pay $150 for the new "Disney After Dark" event in the MK?

Would you spend $150 on your next trip for the Disney after Dark event?

• Yes

Votes: 66 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 953 87.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 75 6.9%

• Total voters
I have heard similar things, which would have to be close to true if Disney truly wants to avoid a revolt at Town Hall. $150 for 3 exclusive hours (and an ice cream bar) is A LOT to pay so capacity has to be the trade off.
Maybe this is a test to see exactly how much people are willing to pay per hour to be in the parks? Future ticket prices for regular park hours and special events could be based off this test. Maybe they don't plan on releasing MNSSHP and MVMCP pricing until after this test?

I don't know why people don't see the benefit for everyone with this. Do I wish it was less than $150? Of course!!! But it's Disney. 'nuff said. ;)

Because I don't think this benefits everyone. We normally go to WDW in the fall when they have hard ticket events. The number of hard ticket events has increased every year. On our last trip, we stayed 10 nights and MK closed early 6 nights for parties. The parks would get pretty crowded around 4 when the MNSSHP guests arrived. And since they all made FP+ reservations, it also impacted our ability to get additional FP. Conversely, the few nights that MK stayed open late for everyone were busier as well. We can talk about Disney only selling a few hundred tickets, but they have sell more than that to break even. And since crowds won't thin out immediately after Wishes, I don't think your looking at 3 hours of low wait times either. It's more likely to be 2-2.5.

Completely disagree. Rumor is Disney is allowing small crowds this time as a test run. In the summer expect more of this with larger crowds. Disney wants these early events to be well-received so they can push them during later times. If they had 20,000 people in the park there would be huge complaints, including me after we go. I also think the holiday events are going up in price.

Forgive me for not reading through 35 pages to see if this has already been posted... :)

http://thedisneyblog.com/2016/03/27...might-be-a-good-deal-for-single-day-visitors/

This is a take on it that is saying it is a good value - and I'm inclined to agree...in certain circumstances. If you are only buying a single day ticket, then I can definitely see how it could be a good deal. Granted, almost no one goes to Disney and gets a single day ticket, but if that is your case it could work out.

In my particular case, I could see how I could use this. I'm still holding on (hording???) to some non-expiration tickets, which I use on shorter trips. I could do the bulk of the MK on this Disney After Dark ticket and not burn one of my non-exp. days.

Forgive me for not reading through 35 pages to see if this has already been posted... :)

http://thedisneyblog.com/2016/03/27...might-be-a-good-deal-for-single-day-visitors/

This is a take on it that is saying it is a good value - and I'm inclined to agree...in certain circumstances. If you are only buying a single day ticket, then I can definitely see how it could be a good deal. Granted, almost no one goes to Disney and gets a single day ticket, but if that is your case it could work out.

In my particular case, I could see how I could use this. I'm still holding on (hording???) to some non-expiration tickets, which I use on shorter trips. I could do the bulk of the MK on this Disney After Dark ticket and not burn one of my non-exp. days.
Exactly! My parents took our family to Disney annually, and every year they would buy several 3 day hopper non expiring.
When each of us turned 21 they gave us 20 of those 3 day tickets. Out of those I have 2 days left. I did not use them on my last trip because I purchased 8 day tickets and it made sense to hold on to them.
Since our post cruise DW stay is only 3 nights something like this makes sense to me-- we could use the 2 days remaining and purchase the After dark ticket to get lower crowd park time. Instead of just purchasing an additional all day MK ticket which I what I had originally planned.
Im going during Christmas party time..so I realize that this trip I probably would not utilize the $150 ticket, and it probably won't be offered..so I'll end up buying a party ticket.
But had it been a June sailing- absolutely.

Last edited:
Just curious .. does anyone know if these tickets and the early morning hours are selling or even sold out? I just think WOW expensive and wonder if so far it's been successful.

The more people who buy these and go will impact the likelihood of keeping the EMH in the future as "free" perks for those staying onsite.

I attended this event the 1st night on April 14 as it was given free to some DVC members and others. I agree that if I had one day I would definitely do it. It says check in is at 7pm. we arrived at 5 and we were able to check in. It is already 100 a day for a 1 day ticket to MK so at 150 and the opportunity to walk onto everything would be worth it if you planned on spending 1 day there. I think they are limiting this to about 2000 people but do not quote me. we walked onto everything. ate as much ice cream and sodas as we could. My 6 year old had a blast. He told me this is so amazing we can just stay on the ride and ride it over and over again. Yes I rode the barnstormer like 6 times the kid loves it.

I attended this event the 1st night on April 14 as it was given free to some DVC members and others. I agree that if I had one day I would definitely do it. It says check in is at 7pm. we arrived at 5 and we were able to check in. It is already 100 a day for a 1 day ticket to MK so at 150 and the opportunity to walk onto everything would be worth it if you planned on spending 1 day there. I think they are limiting this to about 2000 people but do not quote me. we walked onto everything. ate as much ice cream and sodas as we could. My 6 year old had a blast. He told me this is so amazing we can just stay on the ride and ride it over and over again. Yes I rode the barnstormer like 6 times the kid loves it.

If you were at Pop, how did you score the free tickets? Blogger, Disney Mom, Travel Agent?

In the end, Disney will do what ever Disney wants to do. They could care less if people choose not to pay for the 3 hours of extra play time. As long as someone is willing to pay for it, and Disney makes a profit, it will happen. Long live the Disney Magic! Walt is rolling over in his grave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter