Will you cruise if face masks are required on board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
won't cruise again for a long time. We were a mask wherever we go nowadays but on a cruise (as well as anywhere else) there is always someone who thinks they don't need it and could care less.

Well yeah, that's United for you. We flew United round trip between Houston and Orlando in July (both hot spots at that point), and the flight attendants' laxness on both flights was disturbing. On the outbound flight, our FA's mask was under her nose half the time, and she didn't comment to passengers who permanently kept their masks under their noses. On the return flight, our FA completely removed his mask whenever in the galley, even while passengers were boarding and while he was preparing refreshments. First class was completely full, even though in the seat map just a few days earlier it was mostly empty: this means they upgraded their elites as usual with no concern for crowding.

So yeah, I'm not surprised by United's lack of vigilance in this case. Fits the pattern.

I'm very pro mask as my husband in currently receiving chemotherapy. Cancer in a COVID world sucks! It's critical that we do everything possible to avoid COVID. Since his diagnoses we have extremely limited contact with anyone outside our home. Food, medications and necessities are delivered as much as possible. Our one child still at home is doing online school. We also had to inform our two college age children away at school that they could not come home for the holidays. We do have to venture out for his medical appointments and I handle attending to the few things that we need that can't be delivered such as filling up the tank in our car. For those of you who mask up when you go out in the world a huge thank you from my family. It really makes a difference.

We needed something to look forward to so we booked a DCL cruise for May of 2022 which is a year past when hubby's Chemo treatment should be over. As long as he is medically cleared we will be traveling. That said, if mask are required I'm certain we would push the cruise date out until things are more normal. If Disney feels mask are necessary during our sail date I would never challenge this. However, we would push the date because I can't imagine paying what we are (concierges) for a cruise with a lot of restrictions. It's not the mask so much as the change in the DCL experience that we love. To us it's simply not worth the big bucks for a limited experience. We would rather vacation else where and sail at a later date when our DCL experience could be more inline with what we are use to.

In addition, were also waiting for our chance to get the vaccine. I realize our circumstances are different than the average American family, but I would love it if Disney required that all their guest sailing were vaccinated.

I'm very pro mask as my husband in currently receiving chemotherapy. Cancer in a COVID world sucks! It's critical that we do everything possible to avoid COVID. Since his diagnoses we have extremely limited contact with anyone outside our home. Food, medications and necessities are delivered as much as possible. Our one child still at home is doing online school. We also had to inform our two college age children away at school that they could not come home for the holidays. We do have to venture out for his medical appointments and I handle attending to the few things that we need that can't be delivered such as filling up the tank in our car. For those of you who mask up when you go out in the world a huge thank you from my family. It really makes a difference.

We needed something to look forward to so we booked a DCL cruise for May of 2022 which is a year past when hubby's Chemo treatment should be over. As long as he is medically cleared we will be traveling. That said, if mask are required I'm certain we would push the cruise date out until things are more normal. If Disney feels mask are necessary during our sail date I would never challenge this. However, we would push the date because I can't imagine paying what we are (concierges) for a cruise with a lot of restrictions. It's not the mask so much as the change in the DCL experience that we love. To us it's simply not worth the big bucks for a limited experience. We would rather vacation else where and sail at a later date when our DCL experience could be more inline with what we are use to.

In addition, were also waiting for our chance to get the vaccine. I realize our circumstances are different than the average American family, but I would love it if Disney required that all their guest sailing were vaccinated.

Wishing speedy recovery to your husband.

I have been watching a lot of college football over the last few days. The masks are quickly disappearing from commercials.

Eh less disappearing and likely more so airing commercials taped pre-pandemic. I have not noticed more or less.

In fact what I have noticed is ads like the ATT one likely originally taped in March/April that has verbiage regarding masks in small print.

If its two people next to one another its unlikely it was taped in the last 9 months but could be wrong.

Eh less disappearing and likely more so airing commercials taped pre-pandemic. I have not noticed more or less.

In fact what I have noticed is ads like the ATT one likely originally taped in March/April that has verbiage regarding masks in small print.

If its two people next to one another its unlikely it was taped in the last 9 months but could be wrong.
I saw the ad for the University of North Carolina during the Orange Bowl. Not a mask in it. Also, lots of car ads. No masks except for in the beginning of the Ford "chrysalis" ad. Most people buying a car don't want to think about wearing masks over their entire ownership interval.

I saw the ad for the University of North Carolina during the Orange Bowl. Not a mask in it. Also, lots of car ads. No masks except for in the beginning of the Ford "chrysalis" ad. Most people buying a car don't want to think about wearing masks over their entire ownership interval.

And what I am saying is those ads are from prior to mask adoption that occurred. They simply held of running them until it didn't seem irresponsible.

It's unlikely they want to throw away budget they used on those ads. It's also why you see 5 year old ads for products.

Has little to do with societal norms really.

And what I am saying is those ads are from prior to mask adoption that occurred. They simply held of running them until it didn't seem irresponsible.

It's unlikely they want to throw away budget they used on those ads. It's also why you see 5 year old ads for products.

Has little to do with societal norms really.
Could be. Although they were Johnny on the spot with the ads with masks.

Well yeah, that's United for you. We flew United round trip between Houston and Orlando in July (both hot spots at that point), and the flight attendants' laxness on both flights was disturbing. On the outbound flight, our FA's mask was under her nose half the time, and she didn't comment to passengers who permanently kept their masks under their noses. On the return flight, our FA completely removed his mask whenever in the galley, even while passengers were boarding and while he was preparing refreshments. First class was completely full, even though in the seat map just a few days earlier it was mostly empty: this means they upgraded their elites as usual with no concern for crowding.

So yeah, I'm not surprised by United's lack of vigilance in this case. Fits the pattern.

My god... it's easy to keep it above your nose and your working on a plane FFS. People I swear...

Mask policies are a joke, especially on planes. You must where a mask unless you are holding a bag of crackers, the virus is scared of crackers and sodas you see.

Then some people will get mad if others are wearing the mask under their nose, if they are not holding a bag of crackers. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter