will we be happy with ASMFS decision

dalt01

DIS Veteran
booked it, paid my deposit, done deal. now will we be happy? we are mod, deluxe or DVC one bedroom folks but are taking a friend along for DD and the added expense bumped us down from the DVC point rental we usually do. anyone with any experience in these mini suites?

I think you will be happy. They look quite nice and are very new. Wish they would let you book one with free dining because I would like to give one a try.

If you had said you were strictly DVC or deluxe suite kind of people, it might be more of a shock, but since you like mods as well, I don't think you will notice a lot of difference between a mod and the family suites. The biggest difference will be that the value resorts don't have a TS restaurant and the luggage service can be more time consuming than at a moderate. Also, there isn't a slide at the pool, like there would be at a mod.

The suites themselves are very nice. The kids will love sleeping in the living room area and you will enjoy the privacy of the separate bedroom. The kitchenette is great for breakfast on the run or late night snacks. Having two bathrooms is a big help when getting ready in the morning. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

My cousin stayed there with her DH and 3 teenage boys and loved the place. She felt having the 2 bathrooms and extra space made up for not being in a deluxe with everyone crammed in the room. I think you will be happy. I am sure someone here has pics for you.

Here is some info on the Family Suites:

*** They are 520 square feet.

*** The Family suites are located in the Jazz and Calypso buildings at All Star Music.(these are the closet buildings to the food court and the bus stop.

*** They cost less than a standard room at AKL or WL.

***1-6 adults may stay in a suite for the same set price.
(There is an additional fee of $10 per night for a 3rd or 4th additional adult in a standard value room.)

*** They have a QUEEN size bed (the other values and even the mods do not have a queen bed.

***The fridge is included (if you booked 2 connecting value rooms you would need to pay $10 extra for a night for a fridge if you wanted one.

*** They come with a microwave and coffeepot (If you booked 2 connecting value rooms you would not even be be able to rent a microwave and coffeepot.

***They have 2 TV's (if you book POR or a Deluxe room which sleeps 5 you will have 1 TV)

***They have 2 bathrooms (if you book POR or a Deluxe room which sleeps 5 you will have 1 Bathroom.)

For more info and photos please see the FAQ thread and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Here is the FAQ thread:*Note you can also find it on the resort sticky

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

----------------------------------------------

Here is some info about the Family Suites:

The Family Suites are located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings.
Calypso Building 1 has 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 has 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 has 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 has 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and are near each other, but none offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

Check here for the 2007 rates:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

------------------------

The new family suites offer an affordable and convenient option for larger families with the amenities of a studio apartment.

Families can be together in the suite while enjoying separate sleeping areas with added privacy. Having two bathrooms will not only save time, but makes getting ready easier for the whole family. Plus, extra amenities like a microwave enable guests to prepare warm snacks and meals. With the extra room, guests can relax and recount the memories of the day before falling off to a goodnight’s sleep.

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms
Here is the layout:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

See this thread for photos:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392866

For more info please see the FAQ thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter