Will I really be able to change my park day if I don't get RoR?

I changed one of our days to a different park after the calendars said full last week, but it is a gamble since you have to cancel your current reservation before you can try for a different one. I wanted to try and change our last park day as well (March 14th), but with a party of 7 and the fact that it was getting really busy by the end of our trip, I decided against trying it.

I suppose I'm the only one who finds it ridiculous that a family staying on property cannot be guaranteed a spot on ANY new ride while the park is operating at 35%. Disney isn't cheap, families will never know if or when they are returning and want to see the newest attraction a park has to offer. We leave for Disney on April 11th and the biggest stress we have like the OP is IF we can get a BG for RoR, not preparing the car for a 15 hour drive, not making certain everyone is healthy, or how high gas prices might be by then but instead I'm watching YouTube videos of tips and secrets for obtaining a BG.

Similar worry as I feel like we need a back up hs date in case we don’t get a bg. If we do get it day 1 will we be able to switch the back up date to a different park???

I'm nervous about this, too. I reserved two days at DHS but would rather switch one to Epcot depending on when we get a boarding pass. We are going June 5-12 and I just looked at the availability calendar to find that half of that week has DHS already unavailable! I thought switching to Epcot would be a safe bet, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm nervous about this, too. I reserved two days at DHS but would rather switch one to Epcot depending on when we get a boarding pass. We are going June 5-12 and I just looked at the availability calendar to find that half of that week has DHS already unavailable! I thought switching to Epcot would be a safe bet, but now I'm not so sure.

Thank you so much for this post!!!!!!! The last time I checked it was clear in May and June so I hadn't bought tickets yet!!!!! If I had not read this I would have missed out on HS for our trip!!!! Our main reason for going!!!!! Luckily I was able to get our first day and I guess we will just hope for the best because the only other day available was my daughter's bday and we are going to mk that day. UGH. Anyways.........thanks to your post we now have our reservations all squared away!

I can't believe HS is already gone for most of the week I'm there. It's really good thing I didn't hestitate to book as soon as I found out the open season vaccine date for my state.

Yeah, I made the mistake of booking 3 HS days for our trip next week because of all the recommendations to make extra HS reservations and then change them day of if you can’t get a RotR boarding pass. Now everything’s completely full and I’m stuck with 3 HS days. So I personally would recommend just booking the number of HS days you actually want.

Yeah, I made the mistake of booking 3 HS days for our trip next week because of all the recommendations to make extra HS reservations and then change them day of if you can’t get a RotR boarding pass. Now everything’s completely full and I’m stuck with 3 HS days. So I personally would recommend just booking the number of HS days you actually want.
I did the same and now I’m worried. Trying to monitor but things definitely seem to be booking up.

I did the same and now I’m worried. Trying to monitor but things definitely seem to be booking up.
If Rise is important to you, maybe keep all the HS days and get a hopper? Best of both worlds. And if you get bored at HS on one of the days before you can hop, maybe go explore a nearby resort and have a snack/meal/drink there. Just an idea :)

Was at WDW last week. Did not get ROTR on Monday at 7am or 1pm. Tried again on Friday at 7am, nope. Did score the last backup boarding group of the day at 1pm, 177! We rode a few attractions then left. Parkhopped at 2pm. We made the best of it, prepping our group that chances were slim we'd get a boarding group.

ou have to decide if it's worth it to you to still visit that park even if you do not get a BG.

You could, but I wouldn't necessarily switch my park reservation if I missed out on the 7am BG. We weren't able to get that one a couple weeks ago, but we got the 1pm pretty easily. And I saw people getting it a minute or so after we did, so it definitely seems easier to get.

Im in the same boat OP....I only want to spend one day in HS but I have two park reservations there. Unfortunately, you kind of have to weight the risks.

You can either risk only having one HS day and hope you get a boarding group for Rise OR hope that IF you get your boarding group, you can get another park reservation. I don't think either choice is necessarily the wrong but if Rise is the primary objective, you definitely want to keep that second park pass.

We have 2 days planned at HS, hoping to get RoTR on at least one of those days.
I don't think its unreasonable for Disney to guarantee you 1 boarding pass to ride by staying on grounds. That would be a huge perk to stay on site that would cost Disney nothing.

I'm there early June. I see that DHS is already at capacity for the two days I made reservations there. My idea is to park hop both afternoons over to EPCOT. Sounds like, at least so far, there has been no hopping issues to get there even if at capacity for reservations. Plus, honestly, I could spend my whole vacation in Galaxy's Edge and my son's favorite ride is ToT so we could spend two days there.

I don't think its unreasonable for Disney to guarantee you 1 boarding pass to ride by staying on grounds.

But then people would complain that a) they aren't able to get on it the day they wanted and b) that spots are being held for people who don't give Remy's derriere about it and will never go near it.

I do think they should limit people to once per every couple of weeks (every 30 days?) rather than allowing locals to theoretically go every day. (Yes, I know NOW there are limits on park reservations, but pre-this system someone local could in theory get a group every single day. Even here in NYC many of the shows that had lotteries had a "once every 30 days" policy and they would keep a running spreadsheet to make sure a winner had not won in the past 30 days. I'm one of those people who doesn't give Remy's derriere - but I do think it should be more fair for those who do give Remy's derriere.

I suppose I'm the only one who finds it ridiculous that a family staying on property cannot be guaranteed a spot on ANY new ride while the park is operating at 35%. Disney isn't cheap, families will never know if or when they are returning and want to see the newest attraction a park has to offer. We leave for Disney on April 11th and the biggest stress we have like the OP is IF we can get a BG for RoR, not preparing the car for a 15 hour drive, not making certain everyone is healthy, or how high gas prices might be by then but instead I'm watching YouTube videos of tips and secrets for obtaining a BG.
I am in the same boat.... So with that being said I sure there is a couple thousand more people having the same stress....

I'm there early June. I see that DHS is already at capacity for the two days I made reservations there. My idea is to park hop both afternoons over to EPCOT. Sounds like, at least so far, there has been no hopping issues to get there even if at capacity for reservations. Plus, honestly, I could spend my whole vacation in Galaxy's Edge and my son's favorite ride is ToT so we could spend two days there.
How can you tell park capacity

What if you got to HS at opening, went in and got a boarding group, then hopped to another park relatively early, would you be able to come back to HS even if it's 'full' because you were already there that day and you have a BG? Not sure how this all works sorry, haven't been there since December, but we did ROR and left and had dinner and came back for our BG.

Are you aware that BG sign up is at 7 am, before the park opens? Not like a year ago when you had to physically be present in the park?

But yes, if your Park Reservation is for HS, you have in-and-out privileges at HS all day.

What I hate is the situation that Disney has established with people having to reserve multiple HS days that they don't really want just to ensure that they can get a BG on one of them. This creates an artificial demand for HS days, which crowds others out. It would be nice if you could somehow go ahead and reserve a BG when you make your HS reservation. Then, when all BG are taken, they could release "no RoR availability" days for HS for those who don't give Remy's derriere about it, as @Dug720 put it. And like others have suggested, if they limited a BG to one per trip (maybe once per month for APs), more people would be able to get one. Some people shouldn't be able to ride multiple times per trip while others go home disappointed.

I live nearby and can go when I want, and while I love RoR, I am perfectly happy to go to HS and never ride it. I love HS; it would be my favorite park if it weren't for the nostalgia factor of MK. I would be one of those willing to take a "no RoR availability" reservation at HS. It would probably be less crowded too, because there wouldn't be all those people who were there just hoping to get a BG. I know people who like to take their young kids to HS for all that Doc McStuffins/Sofia/Handy Manny sort of attractions and the Frozen singalong and the characters meets, and don't go near Star Wars.

I guess this would probably cost Disney money, but I think people would be more satisfied.

While I understand everyone's reason to book DHS on everyday of their trip I am just frustrated by it. I am coming on a low crowd calendar day and cannot get a park reservation for DHS. I am not blaming the customer I am blaming the system. I am sure there will be cancellations that day but I like to plan out my day as much as possible. I am not sure what would be the alternative though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter