Will I like POP? 1st Time Value opinions..

kathy carleton

Mouseketeer
Have never stayed at a Value, but after many Deluxe stays; I stayed 3 times at Mods last year (POR,CRS) and loved them both! Due to barely being able to squeeze out the money to go this year and no "room only" discounts, only a Value (booked POP) will work this summer. Will I like it? tell me what to expect and building/room to request. It will just be myself, husband and 7 year old. We love WDW!! and just are excited to be able to go!! (went 3 times last year, AP passes made us poor!).

Any thoughts, help, opinions, suggestions are welcome!

In the past 5 years stayed at: AKL (3x), YC(2x), BC, BWI, WL(3x), OKW(2x), CSR(2x), POR Do you think I love WDW??? :banana: :Pinkbounc

If you keep up your AP there may be AP discounts. I only stayed one night at the POP then we transferred over the POFQ, but we really liked it! The themeing was great, the food court was huge. I had requested the 50's building as that seems to be closer to the main building but we were put in the 80's and we were able to cut through the parking lot to get to the main building and the bus stop.
The rooms are smaller than the moderates, but were fine. I'm thinking of staying there if a take a solo trip next spring.

Request the 70's building, try for a corner room near Goofy's pop jets. (The Big Wheel or Mickey Phone buildings) This area is very close to Goofy's pop jets, the hippy dippy pool, everything pop food and shopping, and the playground and bus stops. This is not a preferred view so it costs less and has the same advantages of the 60's preferred, only it is quieter at night. It is a fun resort, even if your used to staying at deluxes and mods, you should try the values at least once.
The rooms are small, but clean and nice. The tv is also 27 inches, thats bigger than almost every other resort at WDW !!! :cool1:
Have a great trip !!! :mickeybar

We had the same hesitation about our stay last month. We have only stayed Mod, or Deluxe, so I was worried.

However- we are booked there again in December- needless to say, my fears were for nothing.

We really enjoyed ourselves. We were in the 50's section, corner room, bldg#3. 1 1/2 min. walk to the food court,a nd the 50's pool. The 70's is good too. No prob. w/ noise- did hear a few showers in the AM, and a few toilets flushing, but nothing major. Rooms were a bit small, but more than managable, for our family of 4.

I don't think I'd stay at the moderates again. Not enough of a difference to us between the value/moderates.

Have agreat trip.

I am wondering the same thing. We've always stayed at the Moderates (or better when DH's company was paying). We're taking a last minute, budget trip in June and I just booked at PC.
I'm sure it will be fine and I'm happy about the money I'm saving over a Moderate.

Sarah....mom to Jason :earsboy: & Devin :earsboy:
6/05 - PC
11/04 - Swan / OKW (DS#2 first trip - 18 months old)
11/02 - PO-R (pregnant with DS#2)
10/01 - PO-R
11/00 - FW-Homes (DS#1's first trip - 6 months old)
5/99 - DxL
9/98 - DxL
6/96 - CB (trip with DH's family)
11/95 - PO-FQ (Honeymoon)
6/90 - offsite
3/89 - FW-campsite
3/84 - FW-campsite
4/80 - FW-campsite

I've done moderate and value and I agree...the difference between those two are so subtle that the extra money for the moderate may not be worth it. To be honest, last summer we stayed at the POR and we missed the Value resorts! I've not done a deluxe yet but plan to.

We really enjoyed Pop! We were in the 80's building, 2nd floor corner room. We were right there at the computer pool, which was never crowded. Like a previous posted said, just cut right across the parking lot to the main building. We also found the food at the food court, for the most part, very enjoyable! Just don't try the veggie lasagna :sad2: I would not hesitate to stay there again.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stays at Pop! Theming is outstanding, CM's were all extremely helpful, bus service was among the best I have experienced. Yes, the room are a bit smaller, but how much time do you plan to spend in your room? Not much, I'll bet! Pools are large and attractive. Everything is very clean and well cared for. If you request anything from a hair dryer to bed rails for a toddler, they arrive in about 15-20 minutes. Love the food court, lots of choices and the food is pretty good. The best part? Have a drink at Classic Concoctions - their bartender, "Dolly" is the best on property!! I have stayed at 3 moderates and have stayed many, many times at Deluxes including Grand Floridian, but for a low budget trip I'd take Pop any day!! Really doesn't matter in the long run...........the magic is everywhere at WDW.

I stayed there last year. I was a little nervous because I never stayed at a value resort before. I previously only stayed at the mods, but was very happy at Pop. I really enjoyed it. If you are not expecting deluxe and can deal with no pool slide, jacuzzi and no sitdown restaurant, you should have no complaints because everything else about the resort is really good.

Many years ago when CBR first opened (it was considered Disney's new value resort).

Although Pop Century basically is a Motel with large icons, it is still Disney and lots of fun.

I just got back from POP on May 22nd and was very pleasantly surprised by it. In fact I did a post about a month before I left asking to get me excited about POP. I really thought the icons were gaudy and that I wouldn't enjoy a value resort. I stayed five nights at BWV (renting points), but bookended the trip with two night stays at POP May 13-14 and May 20-21st. I was really surprised at the end of my BWV stay, that I was looking forward to returning to POP. It's really cute and the buses are great (much better than BW and also better than AKL and WL which I stayed at in January). At POP I was in room 1312, which was perfect. It was in Building 1 (50's Lady building), third floor, a corner room right next to the stairwell. I guess because people with kids (strollers) use the elevators I never heard anyone come by my door. Using the stairs, the main building was only a minute or two from my room. I liked the room so much that when I checked out May 15th, I went by check-in and asked what my chances were to be in the same area when I returned in five days and the CM said she would see what she could do to block the room off for me. Sure enough when I returned May 20th I was assigned the exact same room. Despite obviously traveling solo, I also received four towel animals May 14th and three May 21st at POP. I never got towel animals at BW, WL, or AKL.

I enjoyed just wandering around looking at all the icons and be sure to check out the shadow boxes in the lobby. The CMs were very friendly and helpful. It just seemed to be a very happy, upbeat place. Anyway believe me you will love it.

We just got back from there as well. We were also very nervous as we had never stayed at a value before, well we LOVED it and would go back in a heartbeat. Even over a mod because the transportation options are the same and the rooms aren't that much smaller! The only thing we missed was the dressing curtain. We were in 50's building 1 room 1138!

On our first visit we stayed at All Star Sports and had a great time and on our next visit we decided to try the AKL.The whole time I was at AKL I kept thinking how great the resort was but we spent very little time there.I think if you aregoing to be in the parks for most of your visit a value is the way to go but if you are going to be able to spend a couple of days just on resort time then a deluxe would be better.We just booked a trip for December and because we spend most of our time away from the resort we are staying at POP.The theme looks great and the money we save can be used on other things in the parks.

kathy carleton said:
Have never stayed at a Value, but after many Deluxe stays; I stayed 3 times at Mods last year (POR,CRS) and loved them both! Due to barely being able to squeeze out the money to go this year and no "room only" discounts, only a Value (booked POP) will work this summer. Will I like it? tell me what to expect and building/room to request. It will just be myself, husband and 7 year old. We love WDW!! and just are excited to be able to go!! (went 3 times last year, AP passes made us poor!).

Any thoughts, help, opinions, suggestions are welcome!

In the past 5 years stayed at: AKL (3x), YC(2x), BC, BWI, WL(3x), OKW(2x), CSR(2x), POR Do you think I love WDW??? :banana: :Pinkbounc

I loved POP! My friend and I stayed in the 80's building overlooking the lake! Lots of fun! :)

stemikger said:
Many years ago when CBR first opened (it was considered Disney's new value resort).

I remember that....was about 1992, our Disney honeymoon :)

Stayed at POP last fall and am staying at ASMo this fall....we don't spend that much time in the room and opted for 2 connecting value rooms for the 2 baths, 2 tv's rather than a mod. It will be 2 people per room, not sure if I would like to do it with 4 in one room.

DD and I went in April and LOVED it!!! We loved it so much we are headed back with the whole family for Thanksgiving!!!

We had a corner room in the Big Wheel building across from the Goofy jets and it was AWESOME!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter