Will Be Our Guest go back to normal?

Yes advertised but the setup of going through a kiosk instead of a server meant from day one it was never enforced. From day one I complained about them taking the daily losses for that big restaurant. AND because of it the price kept climbing and climbing. Had they enforced the prix fixe the price point could have stayed quite reasonable.

Exactly!

It should have opened prix fixe from the beginning, for all three meals. One of their biggest mistakes. Huge restaurant, huge overhead, very popular to see and they totally missed out on tons of income.

IF they can staff it to be able to open for breakfast, I expect it to be prix fixe as well.

I think prix fixe is going to be the new normal for BOG, going forward. It also simplifies the kitchen, as they don't need to prep different items between lunch and dinner.

If they do bring back breakfast, especially as a PPO breakfast, I'd expect it to also be a prix fixe TS/signature option, so it explicitly gets rid of the 1 muffin for 8 people.

It should have opened prix fixe from the beginning, for all three meals. One of their biggest mistakes. Huge restaurant, huge overhead, very popular to see and they totally missed out on tons of income.

IF they can staff it to be able to open for breakfast, I expect it to be prix fixe as well.
I imagine this has to do with staffing shortages. You're right, people would gladly pay a lot of money to eat breakfast in the castle, and breakfast foods are cheap to buy.

I wouldn't mind a prix fixe BOG breakfast. I might be among the few, but I like an in park TS breakfast - especially when it isn't a buffet.

I ate there for breakfast and lunch when it was QS and won't eat there again. We did the lunch when it first opened and you had to stand in line to get in. We didn't have anything else to do so thought why not. The hallway with the knights talking was fun but ordering from the kiosk was confusing and the mix of QS table service was weird. I think we ate in the ballroom for lunch and one of the other rooms for breakfast. I didn't like how crowded and noisy they were. We did the breakfast just because we knew it was a decent amount of food. Yes, all three adults each ordered a full breakfast and yes it was early entry but we didn't really care about that. So been there done that twice and have no need to do it again.

, the fixed price meals don't work for our; twos kid with multiple food allergies; one with T1 diabetes; and two family members post weight loss surgery...that 2 for 7 who can eat that way.
A pure a la cart menu, for your family, doesn’t work for Disney. 2 people ordering. Table for 7. Maybe the other 5 will order a few items.

Price fixed is easier, for Disney to explain and enforce then having a $20 dollar per head cover charge.

Guests were making reservations but intending to just order desserts. PP described what went on with breakfast at BoG.

Famlies like yours fall in the cracks. Disney won't be evaluating the reasons why some "under order"

Price fixed is the easiest solution for Disney

A pure a la cart menu, for your family, doesn’t work for Disney. 2 people ordering. Table for 7. Maybe the other 5 will order a few items.

Price fixed is easier, for Disney to explain and enforce then having a $20 dollar per head cover charge.

Guests were making reservations but intending to just order desserts. PP described what went on with breakfast at BoG.

Famlies like yours fall in the cracks. Disney won't be evaluating the reasons why some "under order"

Price fixed is the easiest solution for Disney
YUP!

And prix fixe means a smaller menu, much less food to keep in inventory, easier on the chefs/cooks in the kitchen to continuously roll out, meaning less staffing. It is just more efficient and more profitable.

Luckily there are lots of options for all levels and styles of dining, not every dining option works for everyone. We just have to eat where it works for each of us.

I miss the strawberry cupcake. To my knowledge, it hasn't popped up anywhere else since, but please correct me if I'm wrong. :) One of my favorite Magic Kingdom treats. I'd go there for lunch and get an average sandwich, purely for that cupcake.

I didn't realize people were going in and getting one meal or a cupcake for their group just to see inside...

I will say, I shared my meal in June with my 2.5 year old, because there was no way he was eating $40 in food!

$67 for a 10yr old is asinine. Especially when he/she is not eating filet or the other entrees on the menu.

No. It will never go back to the Ala Carte menu. Sadly, we are to blame. Too many people booked a lunch or dinner and only got a cupcake, so they could see the place.
With the Prix-fixe meal, the revenue per table has gone way up and it is filled at noon and supper so why would they go back?

I realized after reading this post it referred to the dining (agree with others that the meal is way, way too heavy for lunch, but my kids adore the kids meal "paint your own teacup" dessert)-- but I was wondering, did they ever have character interactions beyond just the Beast bowing and waiving for a moment? I feel like at the amount we're paying for the prix-fixe, it would not be unreasonable to have Belle, Beast, and perhaps one of the other main characters sign autographs and take pictures. We've never gotten out of there in less than an hour, so presumably there would be plenty of time for them to reach all the tables?

I realized after reading this post it referred to the dining (agree with others that the meal is way, way too heavy for lunch, but my kids adore the kids meal "paint your own teacup" dessert)-- but I was wondering, did they ever have character interactions beyond just the Beast bowing and waiving for a moment? I feel like at the amount we're paying for the prix-fixe, it would not be unreasonable to have Belle, Beast, and perhaps one of the other main characters sign autographs and take pictures. We've never gotten out of there in less than an hour, so presumably there would be plenty of time for them to reach all the tables?
Prior to Covid as you left you got to greet The Beast.

There used to be a meet n greet with the beast. Belle and the other characters couldn't be there because they're at Enchanted Tales with Belle.

There is a room off the ballroom ... when they had quick serve this was the room you entered through (unless you preordered) to order your food on kiosks (books) and at dinner you left through this room to have private meet with The Beast.

Quick Serve Kiosks
Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-with-Menu-Kiosk-Room-18.jpg

Meeting Beast after
1674658937486.jpeg

Our kids loved having their photo with the Beast. It was a fun meet and greet. You had to have your receipt to get in line.
So they don’t do that anymore? Man, between the $40 kids’ mac&cheese, the obscene rack rates and the nickel and dining with everything else (looking at you, Lightning lane), this has become a lot less fun to plan than it was 5yrs ago.

Last edited:
The last time we were there, the beast walked through the main room and stepped into the other rooms and then left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter