Wildfires in Canada

I am just now reading on how much wildlife we stand to lose, and it’s heart wrenching. It will take years and years to recover. I just can’t stop thinking of them running or flying for safety. 😢

That reminds me of all the wildlife lost in the fires in Australia. A person could be seen on social media, when she stopped her car by the side of a road, then was trying to carry a small, wild koala bear to safety as it clung to a small tree, trying to escape a fire all around it, and it let her. It's poor paws were obviously singed by the fire. :sad1:

Last edited:
DC area here. It is pretty bad. Yesterday I thought it was just fog, not unusual for this time of year and then I heard about the fires. I work inside all day and have been driving this week instead of taking the metro, so not out in it much.

I am in central Massachusetts and woke up again to a gray haze. We have had it all week and it smells like a campfire. Definitely not as bad as others are seeing.

I just read that there are something like 433 fires burning in Canada. How horrific. Praying everyone stays safe and they can get a handle on this quickly.

Philly area and our air quality index is 363 this morning. Icky and agree smells like near a campfire. Had itchy eyes and sore throat when outside very little this morning and I’m not asthmatic or sick. My itchiness and throat are okay after being inside for awhile. I feel really sorry for my one kid, as he has asthma, and not good air for him to breathe today.

Sun, yesterday late afternoon, looked like a small dark orange circle in the very hazy sky.

I really hope that high weather system moves out, and we get some Southern air pouring in instead of that Northern flow we have had for days now.

Philly is ridiculous this morning. I feel like I smoked a pack of cigarettes while I was sleeping.

In Maryland and it seems today is even worse than yesterday. Just went out on my deck and you can smell the smoke. The bad air quality number has been rising since I got up this morning.

I'm in eastern Massachusetts. I noticed the weird colored sun when I was out Thursday evening, but have been OK as far as breathing goes. The pictures of some cities on TV are crazy, though!

In the Boston area and while I didn't notice anything here the past few days this morning, as I aired out to clean, the air was oddly drying for breathing and super drying for my eyes too. Maybe best way to describe it is something like breathing in air with eyes open too close to AC? Air seems acidic or something. Our numbers are around 60 and moderate so my sympathies for people with worse, it must be awful.

Ten miles west of nyc, it’s only 212 now, it was 426 yesterday the last time I checked. On our local Facebook page someone mentioned cvs has kn95 masks in stock (which is recommended) and most replied they would never wear a mask again, masks don‘t protect you from smoke. They are handing out a million masks in Manhattan.

I'm in eastern Massachusetts. I noticed the weird colored sun when I was out Thursday evening, but have been OK as far as breathing goes. The pictures of some cities on TV are crazy, though!

I have a friend that lives in MA and he posted a picture on fb a couple of days ago of the sun and it was this beautiful pinkish orange color. He said he thought it was due to the smoke of the wildfires.

Anyone have any insight how this is affecting air travel? I heard something briefly on the radio about flight disruptions, but it didn't go into much detail. I feel really sorry for the workers that are out on the tarmac in this. We are supposed to fly through Newark on Saturday.

My zip code on airnow.gov is 230, Very Unhealthy. I believe it. My bedroom windows are closed, but there is still a very faint tinge of campfire in the air. We don't have a purifier. Thank God I don't have any issues that would make breathing harder.

Anyone have any insight how this is affecting air travel? I heard something briefly on the radio about flight disruptions, but it didn't go into much detail. I feel really sorry for the workers that are out on the tarmac in this. We are supposed to fly through Newark on Saturday.
PIX-11 News said flights delayed at EWR yesterday over 90 minutes but at least flying. LGA and JFK both had flight stops at times. Since conditions are expected to persist next couple of days, I would think this will continue. They are saying it may improve over the weekend, though, so fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter