Wilderness Lodge: Which courtyard view location do you prefer and why?

We had a room on 4th floor right(south) side and loved it. They first gave us a room on the north side 4th floor and I was so dissapointed with the view. All we could see was trees. We specifically had requested a view of the lake (so we could view the EWP). Anyhow they accomodated us with no problem and moved us across to the other side. So I'd say definitly the south side, 4th floor!

In Oct the desk tried giving is a room farther toward the middle of the building. I knew from the boards that I wanted to be on the arms. So I asked whatelse they had open - courtyard view. They came up with 5th or 6th floor. 6th floor has enclosed balconies so again from this board I knew I didnt want that.
We ended up with a perfect room - #5149. We sat out on our balcony a few nights watching the electric water parade. We could see the main pool, geyser and Bay Lake.
PS - the only reason Im giving "my" room away is cos now that we spent 9nights there in Oct we bought into DVC! and unfortunately will not have that room again - awwwww

I prefer the North Wing, mostly because that way you automatically walk past Roaring Forks to back to your room. It makes it convenient for refilling mugs. You dont have to go out of your way like you would for the South Wing.
We had room 6005, the last room on the floor. It had a great view of the pool, but was an enclosed balcony.
Janice
WL 10/96
WL 10/01

We were on the 5th floor on the north side, somewhat in the middle of the 'arm'. The pro's were being near the roaring forks, and we could see decently the EWP. The con's - the room was always dark - no sunlight ever got through, we were far from the 'quiet pool' (the villa's pool). In the end, I didn't enjoy the courtyard as much as I expected. I found it too noisy and maybe not worth the extra money. My two cents!

we stayed in the south wing.. third floor over looking the pool.. there were some trees that did upstruct our veiw of the pool.. we could see the water parade and the gyser. we looked straight across to the roaring forks... We were kind of in the middle of the wing.. i did want the end of the hall, but I am glad we were in the middle.. the elevator was close.. at the end you would have to use the steps... I do agree that the court yard was noisy.. I could hear the people in the pool late..I still did enjoy it.. the veiw was great... corvair

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter