Wilderness Lodge Boats vs Poly Monorail.

Taylormade0503

Earning My Ears
Hey there! We will be traveling with our 2 year old to Disney next year. In everyone’s opinion, does it take a lot longer to get to Magic Kingdom via boat from Wilderness Lodge than the monorail from the Poly? I’m a little concerned about the wait to catch a boat. Our daughter needs to take a nap in the middle of the day, and we don’t wanna spend too much time waiting for a boat to get to Magic Kingdom, thus taking away from park time. Thanks!

If you are trying to determine this to decide between making reservations at the Poly or the WL …
Definitely think the monorail better for many reasons besides how long it takes… Best answer would be staying at BLT or the Cintemporary because you can very easily walk across the street or take the monorail / with child in stroller .

I have stayed at both resorts. The monorail is faster and more frequent.

The boat ride from the WL is very relaxing and not too long. However, the boats can get delayed, especially at night. I have waited for the Electrical Water Pageant, the ferry boats, and for other boats to debark the MK docks.

Not even close. Monorail is faster and more convenient. Plus you also have the boat as a back-up if the monorail is down.

You can take a boat from the Polynesian too. We never took the monorail to MK when we stayed at the Poly. But we were in the Hawaii building which was pretty close to the boat launch. The boat from the Poly was definitely quicker than the boat from the WL to MK.

Monorail ride is faster and usually more frequent but you will wait for the monorail and will wait for the boat. How long is nothing but luck. Some days you’ll get lucky, other days I promise you will not. Returning to the Poly, I’d take which ever line is shorter and if you see a boat coming, head there.

BTW, may I add, naps are very important for everyone (especially me!) but your schedules will get messed up. Go with the flow of your little one and you’ll have a Magical trip w/e you stay!🌺

Poly and WL are my two favorite WDW resorts, but I stay at Poly because of its proximity and quicker transportation options than WL. Poly has many transportation options if there are long lines, such as resort monorail and boat or express monorail and ferry to TTC next door to Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter