Wii & PS3 Pre-orders at Toys R Us

LOVETHATPOLY

Mouseketeer
They are taking Pre-orders tomorrow at the stores. I guess each store is only taking 4-10 per system(some are taking even less). I really wanted to pre-order a Wii, but there is no way I will fight the crowds. I read on another board that some stores already have people camped out. That is such a small # of systems for the demand. I also called and they will have TMX Elmo's tomorrow too!! I really wonder what their plan is to handle this? There will be all of these gamers, Ebayers, moms, ect, waiting in line for these hard to find items. I guess I will just have to wait until launch day and hope that they have enough Wii's so that I can purchase one. I had heard that they would have enough and that the PS3 would be the hard one to find. Anyways, I thought I would post this just in case anyone want's to go wait in the line. Good luck!

Yep, Most people are camping out tonight. My store is getting 8 ps3's. They are handing out numbers at the door for the ps3, Wii and Elmos.

yep, believe it or not I drove past a TRU and saw 2 guys already there. I'm just not in the mood to stand in line all night - freezing cold and semi-rainy here. If you want one bad enough to do that, more power to you. I think that eventually these stores are going to have to develop some kind of lottery system for these events because it is just getting out of hand. Eventually, there is going to be some kind of fight where somebody gets seriously injured or killed.

I've read that TRU has been stockpiling their Elmo shipments and they will have a pretty good supply to sell tomorrow.

Yes, I think it is crazy too. I also feel that someone could get hurt. People are nuts. I did call another Toys R Us and the manager told me that there was a line and yes, they only are selling a few preorders. He also told me that the Wii should not be hard to get at all. They should have plenty of them at lauch. It will be the PS3 that is hard to come by. I hope so. Even if they did not, I would not go camp out. That is just nuts!!

I just drove by our TRU and there are 7 people in line. I told DS16 that I 'might' be willing to check it out at 6am (its just a few blocks away) but I am not going to be in line all night. I'd rather just wait and take my chances ordering one online.

Yup, they're campin' out here in Ohio too.... I wondered what all the hubub was at Toys R Us today was all about. I'm just searchin' for a little ol' Littlest Pet Shop! (The Chinchilla!)

What time do your stores open? The one near me doesn't open til 12 noon on Sunday.

I just spoke to my mom who works for TRU.. she has had a guy there since 11am.

Opps. Just called my sister who is working now.. she said they have 8 guys already in line lolol people are nuts...

I think that eventually these stores are going to have to develop some kind of lottery system for these events because it is just getting out of hand.

Things really haven't changed. I remember waiting outside of a Toys R Us to pre-order the very first Playstation, more than 10 years ago! I got one.

i really hope Wii is easy to find.. it's really the only thing DS16 wants for Christmas & I hate hate hate when the whole supply/demand thing comes into play during the holidays.

I had to got to TRU twice today (don't ask) and there were 5 people waiting outside since before noon. Now it is really cold and windy here today as well as we have had freaky rain/sleet/snow storms throughout the day.

Those people are nuts to put themselves through all that to actually spend hundreds of dollars on a game system that will be available to all in a short period of time.

drgnfly30 said:
i really hope Wii is easy to find.. it's really the only thing DS16 wants for Christmas & I hate hate hate when the whole supply/demand thing comes into play during the holidays.

The Wii will be easier than the PS3 - the guy at game stop told me that nintendo already had TONS just sitting in a wearhouse waiting for the release date.

i guess it depends on your area that you live in. But it doesnt hurt to try so maybe, GOODLUCK!

I was told that the Wii would be easy to get too. I'll just be out on launch morning and make the rounds. Hopefully, I will get one, because that is all my son wants for Christmas as well.

Marsha

I saw people outside of Toys R Us this afternoon and wondered what they were waiting in line for. It seemed kinda early to line up for over night (it was only 4 PM.)

Regarding Wii, they are having 6-8 million at release. I don't think you'll have a problem getting one on the first day.

Sirron said:
Regarding Wii, they are having 6-8 million at release. I don't think you'll have a problem getting one on the first day.

Ha...that's what you think! The ebay shoppers will buy them all up and there will be none left at the stores ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter