Why was "Weclome to the Neighborhood" Killed - NY Times Article

This is disappointing...sounds like that would have been a REALLY good show. :confused3 A real ey-opener that may have made a genuine difference.

I really hope that it is just a coincidence and that ABC/Disney didn't actually pull it just because of the whole "Narnia" thing.
I realize that there was a HUGE potential market for "Narnia" in the Christian community, and that a show like that could anger the hate groups out there like "Focus on the Family". But I would hope that threats from right wing "christian" whackos wouldn't influence their decision to show it. Disney hasn't backed down to them yet in regards to their boycotts of the parks and such.
This is a really hot topic for me, and I've written letters to Ford and several other companies regarding these hate groups and their agenda. I sincerely hope that Disney didn't give in to the almighty dollar, and choose that over fairness. But it looks like they probably did. It's a shame. All we can really do is continue to write letters to the companies that are being threatened by these groups, and support the groups who stand up to the hate that they preach!

And just as a side note, I want to CLEARLY state that I am NOT in any way lumping all Christians into these hate groups...I realize that there are REAL Christians out there who know how to live their faith without projecting hate and discrimination on others. I am referring to the hate groups as "christians", and I use the term QUITE loosely. I do not consider them Christians. True Christians do not preach hate and judgement. :sad2:

-Christal

I don't know, I heard that the show was canned because it was dangerously close to violating fair housing laws. I mean the premise is to let straight white people decide who would be the least objectionable neighbors. It sounds to me like all the people were minorities in one way or another (race, religion, sexual orientation, etc).

Pretty offensive, I'm glad it got canned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!