Why the ever changing TSA requirements?

LOL

That’s hysterical. Considering they can’t find 70 to 80% the weapons that goes throuh the screeners we don’t need to play games. And harassing people is not the same thing ad doing a good job. This is theater

They are hoping that by keeping you guessing you won’t notice they’re clueless.

Oh and don’t forget, that all those dangerous things you can’t bring lLike food, beverages, etc. Airport and airline employees can bring . LOL.

We are safer now than we used to be but it’s not due to the theater put on by the TSA

Yep, you caught them. Taking away your food and beverages for no better reason than harassing good citizens. I get it, the hardships of privilege are real.

The failure rate to detect weapons is with the detection systems - the tech not the random human searches. Can TSA improve? You bet. Do they need whining and LOLing passengers questioning their every action - h.e.double.toothpicks no.

I got a great idea. Know what you can and cannot carry on, do what they ask/tell, and if you get double talk, smile and get through the line. Everyone behind you will be thankful. If you still have an issue after getting through the checks, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the inconsistencies.

Or...take the bus.

I understand the whole ‘security theater’ argument. I fly a lot. My experiences with TSA and security have been fine. I’ve had one agent tell me one thing and a second one contradict the instruction. Just not a big deal. I try to remain pleasant. I’ve seen people scream and insult the TSA workers. Are the workers perfect? Hardly. Could training be better? Probably. Is stuff missed? I imagine so. But these are not good reasons to verbally abuse them.
People need to educate themselves when flying. They need to be prepared for anything to happen. If you have your 3-1-1 baggie and electronics easily accessible, it will make security easier. 9 out of the 10 of the nasty encounters I’ve witnessed could have been prevented by remaining calm.

Yep, you caught them. Taking away your food and beverages for no better reason than harassing good citizens. I get it, the hardships of privilege are real.

The failure rate to detect weapons is with the detection systems - the tech not the random human searches. Can TSA improve? You bet. Do they need whining and LOLing passengers questioning their every action - h.e.double.toothpicks no.

I got a great idea. Know what you can and cannot carry on, do what they ask/tell, and if you get double talk, smile and get through the line. Everyone behind you will be thankful. If you still have an issue after getting through the checks, ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the inconsistencies.

Or...take the bus.

I do know. And as soon as the agent plays “I made up a rule”,I smile at him/her and say “please get your supervisor”. I refuse to have any other discussion with the agent on the issue. I am not belligerent but I am also not going to be bullied. Amazingly This always has a couple of responses, the first is “that will take so long you might miss your flight” to which I smile and respond “that is fine with me”. At this point it’s a 50/50 shot for the next response. Some agents do go find a supervisor, and in those cases I have always been told “sorry, you were right, we will train the agent”. Some agents, who know they are in the wrong, just act like they are doing me a favor and let me go with whatever they claimed was illegal. In that case I walk through and go find a supervisor myself to lodge a complaint

I have never verbally abused them. I don’t even respond besides the “please go get your supervisor” comment. In one instance I was verbally abused. When he said i could proceed anyway, I declined. I said sweetly, “I would prefer to speak with your supervisor”. (And I had witnesses hang around with me to talk with the supervisor LOL): LAX is an adventure!!!!

And until EVERYONE in the airport is playing by the same rules it’s still theater

I do know. And as soon as the agent plays “I made up a rule”,I smile at him/her and say “please get your supervisor”. I refuse to have any other discussion with the agent on the issue. I am not belligerent but I am also not going to be bullied. Amazingly This always has a couple of responses, the first is “that will take so long you might miss your flight” to which I smile and respond “that is fine with me”. At this point it’s a 50/50 shot for the next response. Some agents do go find a supervisor, and in those cases I have always been told “sorry, you were right, we will train the agent”. Some agents, who know they are in the wrong, just act like they are doing me a favor and let me go with whatever they claimed was illegal. In that case I walk through and go find a supervisor myself to lodge a complaint

I have never verbally abused them. I don’t even respond besides the “please go get your supervisor” comment. In one instance I was verbally abused. When he said i could proceed anyway, I declined. I said sweetly, “I would prefer to speak with your supervisor”. (And I had witnesses hang around with me to talk with the supervisor LOL): LAX is an adventure!!!!

And until EVERYONE in the airport is playing by the same rules it’s still theater
I completely understand what you're saying, and in many instances, actually agree with you. But to say it's all theater because there are inconsistencies due to agents using different criteria, just doesn't make sense to me. If anything, those inconsistencies would make it more secure. Everyone should know what they can bring on the plane, how to get through security easily. When agents 'change' the rules, it makes it harder for people to get around things. Now, don't get me wrong, I know what the rules are, I've been yelled at to take my electronics out of my carryon. When I said 'ipads too?' I was told 'no, never mind!!! just move along'. Now, that agent was yelling to take everything electronic, larger than a cell phone, out of the bags. So, people were scrambling to remover ipads and readers. Another agent is telling them to keep those things in their bags. I mean, seriously. Does that make things less secure? No, I don't think so. But it sure does slow down the process!!! To have a precheck line, get into it, and tuck my boarding pass away in my bag, and head to the xray scanner...then be yelled at an agent for keeping my shoes and sweatshirt on? I said I have precheck, he said well, how was he to know that, and to please get it out of my bag!!! Seems that they were sending non-precheck people through the same line!!!! Yep, different rules.

LOL

Oh and don’t forget, that all those dangerous things you can’t bring lLike food, beverages, etc. Airport and airline employees can bring . LOL.

We are safer now than we used to be but it’s not due to the theater put on by the TSA

Just an FYI, if those employees are traveling, they are under the same restrictions as regular passengers. If I'm going to work, and want to take my can of soda to the break room which, very often, is located past security...I can do just that. There are random checks of airline/airport employee personal property at various spots around the airport, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter