Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

How many people would approach the gorilla wanting a picture and thinking it was someone in costume! YIKES! Oh well, you can't idiot-proof the world! :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:The thought of that freaks me out even more! :rotfl: Hopefully it wouldn't take them too long to figure out it was one very, very realistic costume! :scared1:

Tell me about it. That LOS just tasted so good and I was so thirsty. It went down much too easily and when I stood up I was like....Woooooooo! :rotfl:

EXACTLY :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm so glad we had no immediate plans so I could just sit and chill. I was so disabled I didn't even get up and dance with the African dancers! :sad2:

After 2 quickly I would be so disabled I WOULD get up and dance with the African dancers. :eek: :rotfl2:

Not one of my finest moments of judgment. :rotfl:

After 2 quickly I would be so disabled I WOULD get up and dance with the African dancers. :eek: :rotfl2:

I wanted to get up but that was when the drinks really hit my head all at once and I thought it would be wise if I just stayed put!:rotfl: Once the alcohol leveled off a bit the dancers were done. :sad2:

90- 100 babies! :faint: What do you do with them? Do you sell them to a fish store. How fascinating that must be to see baby fish born every month or so. Wow! Great hobby!
That is quite the array of tanks. Very cool! :thumbsup2

Sometimes if I get desperate, more often though I just advertise them for sale online and they sell very fast. Having new tiny babies every few months is fascinating, definitely one of my favourite parts of the hobby. :goodvibes

Sometimes if I get desperate, more often though I just advertise them for sale online and they sell very fast. Having new tiny babies every few months is fascinating, definitely one of my favourite parts of the hobby. :goodvibes

I bet. That really is so cool. I think you may have posted some pictures of them in your TR. I'll have to go back and look at your fish pictures! I remember they were quite nice!

Love the pictures of the owl....looks like he had some blue on his back. Very pretty:goodvibes Sometimes I can hear one in my backyard but no way am I going looking for him :rotfl2: Too many other creatures out there :laughing:
LOVE the picture of the giraffe with his head in the tree stump. I agree that the safari will never quite be the same with our vast knowledge (that I am sure I have forgotten :laughing:) of the animals and the savanna.
Those green beans look delicious!! I have only been to the bar at Y&Y for some take out drinks. Shocker I know :rolleyes1
Woo hoo for two LOS!! :thumbsup2 I really love the African margarita too...maybe next time you get one of those...tell Denny to get the LOS (maybe he will have forgotten that he didn't like it by then) and that way you will end up with two drinks again :laughing:

Tracy

Great pics from the safari, Nick did an awesome job! :thumbsup2

I've never done the Pangani(?-I don't even know if I spelled it right! :rotfl:) trail, we will have to check that out on our next trip! :cool1:

Mmm that Lost on Safari drink sounds amazing, if it's made with that juice from Boma, then I have to have one at some point! I don't know why we never stop at that bar! :eek:

Love the pictures of the owl....looks like he had some blue on his back. Very pretty:goodvibes Sometimes I can hear one in my backyard but no way am I going looking for him :rotfl2: Too many other creatures out there :laughing:

The owl was pretty cool! Actually all the birds were, but I really enjoyed seeing them at the end of the show.

I don't blame you for not wanting to investigate the owl in your backyard. Of course, I bet Ziggy would protect you! ;)

LOVE the picture of the giraffe with his head in the tree stump. I agree that the safari will never quite be the same with our vast knowledge (that I am sure I have forgotten :laughing:) of the animals and the savanna.

Yes - that vast knowledge that we once had. :laughing: When we took the trek I kept wishing they would give us a audio CD with all the stuff they taught us. They really knew their stuff.

Those green beans look delicious!! I have only been to the bar at Y&Y for some take out drinks. Shocker I know :rolleyes1

Yes - I am totally SHOCKED that YOU would be hitting the bar at Y&Y. Good to know they have take out drinks. I'll have to investigate that this summer!
:rolleyes1

Woo hoo for two LOS!! :thumbsup2 I really love the African margarita too...maybe next time you get one of those...tell Denny to get the LOS (maybe he will have forgotten that he didn't like it by then) and that way you will end up with two drinks again :laughing:

Tracy

That party in the park website highly recommended the African margarita. Basically said its one of the best on property (with the exception of the Ditch, I would think).

Anyway to end up with two drinks instead of one totally works for me. :rotfl:

Great pics from the safari, Nick did an awesome job! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I think he did a great job, too! :goodvibes

I've never done the Pangani(?-I don't even know if I spelled it right! :rotfl:) trail, we will have to check that out on our next trip! :cool1:

Well that means you have never seen Lilly. You really need to check out the trail on your next trip - which is in like 2 months! :woohoo: Lucky girl! :laughing: The gorillas are so cool. Well worth a look!

Mmm that Lost on Safari drink sounds amazing, if it's made with that juice from Boma, then I have to have one at some point! I don't know why we never stop at that bar! :eek:

Well, I know its the same juice they gave us on the trek and I assumed that was the same juice they use at the TH which I also thought was the same juice they have at Boma. I could be wrong, but it was pretty darn yummy juice!

Great safari pics!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I think Nick did a great job with those pictures. I'm definitely handing him the camera more on our next trip! :)

You know how much I love AK so am glad you had a great day in that park.

We did have a great AK day! I share your sentiments about that park. There is something so fascinating to me about have a park with so many life components to it. It's really a work of art, IMHO!

Nick obviously has his mother's eye for taking amazing pictures....what a great job he did! The pictures you got of Lilly are so cute....she is so little:cutie:

Nick obviously has his mother's eye for taking amazing pictures....what a great job he did! The pictures you got of Lilly are so cute....she is so little:cutie:

Thanks! I do think Nick has the creative gene! He did a great job! When I saw the yearbook pages he designed I realized he was going to be good with the camera!

Lilly is so cute. I am going to post on old pic of her in my next update so everyone can see how much she has actually grown! :goodvibes

Nice safari pictures, Nick did a good job!

I almost think those lions hide from us on purpose. It's like their goal in Kilamanjari to be the least photographed animal on the trail. :rotfl: The amount of people who post decent photos of them is far outnumbered by the people who report, "The lions were hidden.....again." :confused3

That LOS looks really good! And it's always a plus to get a surprise second cup.

Nice safari pictures, Nick did a good job!

Thanks! I really like the pictures Nick took! :goodvibes

I almost think those lions hide from us on purpose. It's like their goal in Kilamanjari to be the least photographed animal on the trail. :rotfl: The amount of people who post decent photos of them is far outnumbered by the people who report, "The lions were hidden.....again." :confused3

:rotfl2: You are so right! I think they DO hide on purpose! :rotfl2: I guess I'm not the only one who rides the Safari repeatedly with their fingers crossed saying, "Maybe I'll see him this time!" :laughing:

That LOS looks really good! And it's always a plus to get a surprise second cup.

That second LOS was definitely a bonus! Score!!!!!!:goodvibes

News!

Well, I have good news (I think). No Nicholas wasn't accepted for early admission into Harvard, we didn't book another Disney vacation or a cruise, we didn't even win the lottery.......but after much talk about driving on our June vacation, Denny broke down and agreed to fly. :woohoo:

But flight prices are ridiculous right now!!!!!!!!!!

So we are flying out of a brand new airport and actually paying the most I have ever paid for a flight to Orlando.

We are flying out of ABE (allentown, bethlehem, easton) or Lehigh Valley Airport in Pennsylvania on Air Tran. The flights are $195 RT and that is the lowest I have found anywhere since I began the airline search months ago. For comparison, SWA flights are about $280 RT right now. Yikes! I didn't search hard for awhile because I really did think we were driving, but that was when I thought we were taking a 2 week vacation.

Now we are down to ten days. Ten days is still good. Right?

I think so. 5 nights at the Treehouse villas and 3 nights at the BWV. Now we just need a night for arrival night and a night before departure.

So we are actually driving over 2 hours to go to Allentown. Is this silly? NO - Why????? Because most of Denny's family lives there. We have an evening flight, so we can go up in the afternoon and visit with his mom before we leave! Major brownie points there. And, if we play our cards right, we can probably get his bro to drive and pick us up from the airport and leave our car at his house. Hence, no airport parking fees. Bonus savings! :thumbsup2

Plus the airport is really small, which might be a nice change of pace. You know I like to try new things, for research purposes and all! :laughing:

Granted, our flight does not get into Orlando until 8pm, but our check-in day at SSR isn't until the following day.

By the way - has anybody noted how ridiculously expensive even a value room is in June. I had my AAA agent quote me a rate for the Saturday night of our arrival (as I have some AAA certificates to use) and it as $153. :faint: Are you kidding me?????? I am so NOT paying that.

Denny has enough carlson points to pay for one night along I- drive, so if the rates don't drop, we will be staying off site the first night.

On the brother, SIL, and nephew front - My bro still hasn't decided who all is going on this trip and how THEY are getting to Orlando. My bro's fear of flying is apparently bad enough that he either has to take the train or drive. As you can imagine, it is quite expensive for a family of six to take the train as you need two sleeper cars and he doesn't think he can stand the drive if all 4 of his boys are with him. :confused3 What ever! Not my problem. I suggested he have two of the boys fly with us the night before.

So that's my news.

Oh yeah - and L, P, & I had such a great time in HHI that we are taking another girl's weekend to Williamsburg in April. We are also adding a 4th friend and renting at the Powhatan again. 2 nights for a grand total of $56 per person. How great is that? :woohoo:

I plan to do a real update tomorrow. It's too late now to start one, so stay tuned!

Oh - and I did another show tonight (country) and I didn't forget my words at all. :cool1: I think I did pretty well. All this non church singing has helped me "break" the churchy sound out of my voice. I'm thinking maybe I will try another AI audition in Disney world. And then again, maybe not since my last one went so well! :rotfl2:

a good tip if you really want to see the lions active is to take the last safari of the night. I remember one trip when I was at DAK and I had just gotten off the safari and there was a CM standing at the fastpass entrance telling people that if they get in line now they can get on the last safari of the night.

The one I had gotten off of we had already been stooped by a rhino so I figured that seeing the animals more active at that point may be possible.

Hey MEK! I'm still around, I was just many, many, MANY updates behind!

Your son did AWESOME on the safari, he's obviously got his talent from you!

And congrats on deciding to fly! It's so much easier...I don't think under $200 round trip is too bad - that is the most you've ever paid?

Yayyyy for flying!
I'd rather 10 days than two weeks. I know most people say longer is better but I've done both and two weeks is just too long to be away from home for me.

I think if anything the prices on airfare are going to continue to rise...so happy you got what you did! Nice change of pace too flying out of a smaller airport:thumbsup2

Can't believe the price of a value room in June...that is beyond ridiculous:eek: So happy that you are getting another girl's weekend away....that is better for the soul than any trip to the therapist:rotfl2: That's my opinion at least....oh wait....there's usually a bottle of wine when you're with friends too so I know that always helps us:lmao:

I am happy my fear of flying doesn't prevent me from getting on a plane. I can't imagine taking a train or driving....just too far for us!!

Hope you're having a great weekend my friend:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter